+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
don't worry ..Here is my 2 cents:

1.NY wont get many applications ( Buffalo is the head office that what they want us to write file numbers out side the mail because they get many applications everyday)... with out the file number may delay your stamping a day or two not more than that ,otherwise NY office would have mentioned that in their email..

2. If you dont write it, they might keep it aside and open it in queue with other files thinking it is a new application etc etc...

You cannot directly apply to NY office..only visitor visa applications are processed here ..all immigration files have to be transferred from buffalo. Most of the others visas , generally people directly go to the embassy and apply . the address itself says " immigration section" , that means the mails delivered are related to immigration . even if they open in queue that should be fine ( i think they get just about 5 mails every day)..

just take you as example:

your file was there (NY) for almost 4 months and how many time you have contacted then using a snail mail..( probably none).. only if they need additional docs then we use snail mail..

i hope it helps..
Regards..
Hey Legalcitizen:

Thanks for your comment bro. Hmm it really sounds a reasonable analogy. I am a bit relieved now. By the way, what have you done?

Did you write the file number on the envelope and/or affix the bar code label outside the envelope? And when did they receive your passports?

Thanks bro!!!

ekhishana

Mar 17, 2011
Hi Folks:

I have been a silent spectator of this AWESOME forum right from 2009. I had my Alberta provincial nomination in Nov 2009 and last week on March 15,2010 I got my Visa stamped from Buffalo. I want to thank each one of you for the immense guidance and help.

Special mention of AVALAP, CCHABERT, CHALOCANADA, KING80 for their detailed reporting of their respective experiences of Landing,Analysis and information sharing.

I am planning to land into Alberta via the Coutts/Sweetgrass border crossing by April end. Have started taking the steps toward that transition.

Seniors CCHABERT, CHALOCANADA, KING80 I wanted to ask if I could seek some help in terms of guidance for places to live in as soon as I enter Calgary and also some help for address to be provided during landing for PR cards delivery. If any of you could help me I would greatly appreciate it!!Please send me a PM if you think you could help me.

Thanks in advance!!

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont exactly remember.. but one thing is sure ( I didnt affix the file number)...
My file was rececived on 3/15..i dont even know my USPS express mail tracking no..LOL ..
But I am hoping by April1..I should have my passports back..

Regards..

dear_pnp said:
Hey Legalcitizen:

Thanks for your comment bro. Hmm it really sounds a reasonable analogy. I am a bit relieved now. By the way, what have you done?

Did you write the file number on the envelope and/or affix the bar code label outside the envelope? And when did they receive your passports?

Thanks bro!!!

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
I dont exactly remember.. but one thing is sure ( I didnt affix the file number)...
My file was rececived on 3/15..i dont even know my USPS express mail tracking no..LOL ..
But I am hoping by April1..I should have my passports back..

Regards..
Thanks for your response. Yeah I hope you get your passports back soon. Wish all of us luck and best of luck to you as well.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
dear_pnp said:
Hey King80:

Appreciate your reply bro. Holy moly, I did not write my file number outside the envelope nor did I affix the bar code. Do you think that can lead to me getting my passports late. I mean if they see your file number on the envelope, so right away they know that it is your passport and they send it to stamp your passport. If you dont write it, they might keep it aside and open it in queue with other files thinking it is a new application etc etc...I dont know man I'm being insane here I know, but I cant help. I think I should have written the file number...lets see how much does this mistake cost me..

So you mean you wrote the file number outside the USPS envelope right??
I am not sure that would delay your stamping. I also enclosed the copy of letter they sent for PPR via email.
Good Luck

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi,

Since i have got visa stamped now , i am planning to land/move permanently to Alberta. I am going to drive and enter through Monatana.

But i have some extra stuff that i want to move. Can anyone of you suggest the cheapest way to do that?

Thanks

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
I will 2nd that. Waiting to get my passport back and finish off of my current gig(1-2 months) here and move permanently to Alberta. My car is not in a good shape(Canada won't let me import it), and you can't drop off a car rented in the US otherwise I would have loved to cross the border and enjoyed the drive through the Rockies on the US side before saying bye to US.

Good luck and keep us posted.

King80 said:
Hi,

Since i have got visa stamped now , i am planning to land/move permanently to Alberta. I am going to drive and enter through Monatana.

But i have some extra stuff that i want to move. Can anyone of you suggest the cheapest way to do that?

Thanks

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohhcanada said:
I will 2nd that. Waiting to get my passport back and finish off of my current gig(1-2 months) here and move permanently to Alberta. My car is not in a good shape(Canada won't let me import it), and you can't drop off a car rented in the US otherwise I would have loved to cross the border and enjoyed the drive through the Rockies on the US side before saying bye to US.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Don't assume anything. They will let you in everything as long as its make, model is in list of admissible vehicles. The only problem will occur when you go to tire Canada for emission test and DRL etc. Emission standards are pretty high in Canada compared to US but if you get right auto guy then everything will be fine. In worst case, he will replace Oxygen Censors or catalytic converter and pretty much you will be all set. Many junk looking pick up trucks are imported in Canada everyday so just because car has 3,00,000 miles, looks bad and engine makes noise and check engine light is on, will not be an issue for Import. It will be an issue when you will try to register vehicle in Alberta but again right person will fix everything. Right after immigrating into Calgary is the time when you will need car most. All you got to do is pay RIV fee and AC fee. That's it rest everything is mechanic's headache to make it meet Canadian standards from DRL to emission.

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Thanks washington.state for the information. Humm, not sure though if my car built for the southern US market will be a good fit in Alberta even if it passes all the emission and Canadian import test etc.... Still something to think about, thanks.

Oh I have also heard from some various people including a mechanic, that car built for the warmer climate usually don't do good in the colder climate and Vice-Versa. Has to do mostly under body rust protection, heating and cooling system configurations etc....

Thanks.

washington.state said:
Don't assume anything. They will let you in everything as long as its make, model is in list of admissible vehicles. The only problem will occur when you go to tire Canada for emission test and DRL etc. Emission standards are pretty high in Canada compared to US but if you get right auto guy then everything will be fine. In worst case, he will replace Oxygen Censors or catalytic converter and pretty much you will be all set. Many junk looking pick up trucks are imported in Canada everyday so just because car has 3,00,000 miles, looks bad and engine makes noise and check engine light is on, will not be an issue for Import. It will be an issue when you will try to register vehicle in Alberta but again right person will fix everything. Right after immigrating into Calgary is the time when you will need car most. All you got to do is pay RIV fee and AC fee. That's it rest everything is mechanic's headache to make it meet Canadian standards from DRL to emission.

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First thing is that there is no warmer climate or cold climate reasoning at all! Hundreds of people live in Detroit and work in Canada and vice versa. Only issue is to meet the Canadian vehicle standards which are nothing special but you should or your mechanic should take care of three things:

1). Vehicle's make, model is admissible in Canada. Check on RIV website.

2). Daytime running lights installation (Mostly car comes with a relay in it so if needed DRL could be installed): I am talking about mostly Japanese cars (Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, Honda) which were sold in US market.

3). Tire type (Keep M&S (Mud and Snow tires) or just go to Tire Canada in Calgary)

4). If car is 15 years old then BINGO! No emission worries at all as long as it is admissible.

How to avoid ripoff in Canada

As you know that in Canada you will have limited time to get DRL installed in your car and it will be legal requirement to have DRL before you can register in Alberta, the best thing to do is to make your car meet Canadian Standards even before you leave.

I got such a talented mechanic who just made my car meet Canadian Standards right here in US! So find one and buy DRLs from Advance Auto parts or Amazon and get them installed. Canadian mechanic may ask you big money because that will be legal requirement and time will be limited to register. If your car doesn't have relay for DRL than ask mechanic to install a wireline and connect those DRL lamps with battery and switch and that's it.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
I am not sure that would delay your stamping. I also enclosed the copy of letter they sent for PPR via email.
Good Luck
Thanks King80!! I keep my fingers crossed for this process to complete (Oh is it just the fingers that I have been keeping crossed....??? I think even my mind ???? anyways never mind)

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey man..some info..this might cheer you ..

we enclosed PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA AUTHORIZATION form and some other form which has height ,eye color etc info..both of these forms have your file number..as soon as they open your envolope they know your file number.. they dint mention about writing the file number on top of the mail or attaching the email about ppr etc..we just followed the instructions..we shouldbe good..keep in touch...

Regards..

dear_pnp said:
Thanks King80!! I keep my fingers crossed for this process to complete (Oh is it just the fingers that I have been keeping crossed....??? I think even my mind ???? anyways never mind)

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
hey man..some info..this might cheer you ..

we enclosed PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA AUTHORIZATION form and some other form which has height ,eye color etc info..both of these forms have your file number..as soon as they open your envolope they know your file number.. they dint mention about writing the file number on top of the mail or attaching the email about ppr etc..we just followed the instructions..we shouldbe good..keep in touch...

Regards..
Thanks legalcitizen. Yeah attaching that letter is not needed as we have to submit the authorization letter. Just hope that they open our package soon and deliver our passports very soon.

I cant wait enough for this to be over my friend....

mafoi

Mar 8, 2010
Anybody in this thread applied for FSW too? I don't know if I can ask AINP to reference FSW med results. Or I have to do med twice? Or, since I got Med from FSW, it's pretty safe to drop AINP. This is last thing I want to do as we've been so far into the AINP process. Thanks a lot.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mafoi said:
Anybody in this thread applied for FSW too? I don't know if I can ask AINP to reference FSW med results. Or I have to do med twice? Or, since I got Med from FSW, it's pretty safe to drop AINP. This is last thing I want to do as we've been so far into the AINP process. Thanks a lot.
If you applied for CIC-PNP after you did apply for CIC-FSW, did you declare that you have an application with CIC for FSW? Were your medicals within the last 12 months and how long are they valid?

The answer to these questions will determine if you can refer to the FSW medicals.