LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Congrats Stupid_cupid & Avalap!!!

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Thank you for the wishes friends.

It's indeed a big relief...

Good Luck to all of you and hope everyone gets their PPR at the earliest.

Thanks once again

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys i need some suggestions..

I live near Philly.. I want to complete landing ( some time in May)...I am thinking lading somewhere in ON is economically viable...to go to calgary I need to spend almost 800.00 ( including air fare/hotel/car etc..)..from philly i can just drive to Niagara and complete landing which is much easier and cheaper..what do you guys think..i know its better to land in AB..but spending 800 is too much ..thats what I think..and I am planning to apply for my h1b extension soon...can we still use AVR when our extension is in progress?? any idea on that..

Regards,

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:

I live near Philly.. I want to complete landing ( some time in May)...I am thinking lading somewhere in ON is economically viable...to go to calgary I need to spend almost 800.00 ( including air fare/hotel/car etc..)..from philly i can just drive to Niagara and complete landing which is much easier and cheaper..what do you guys think..i know its better to land in AB..but spending 800 is too much ..thats what I think..and I am planning to apply for my h1b extension soon...can we still use AVR when our extension is in progress?? any idea on that..

Regards,
In future if you are planning to move to Alberta, it is okay to land in Ontario for now. If you land in Ontario and future do not move to Alberta but move to some other province, your intent might be a question at time of citizenship. If you land in Alberta and then future move to another provice, you can always say that you intended to move to Alberta but move to another provice as you got a job or something. How dear the $800 is upto you to decide.

You can use AVR as long as you have a valid I94. Make sure you dont surrender your I94 while leaving the US and that the I94 is valid on your return date for atleast 30 days. Again there is no rule to have it valid for 30 days, in general the US Border Patrol might question your intent to re-enter if you have few days left on your I94. You can also carry your extension receipt notice along to be safe.

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Now you are legal citizen, you can plan to land where ever you want and feasible! But I would encourage you to land in AB, you have multiple advantages like you can see and feel your future destination. If you plan it won't be 800 as you said, it would be lesser. Based on your situation ( H1b extn) You never know when you are going to move, looks like only after 3 yrs, so better plan your landing in AB.
legalcitizen said:

Regards,

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
King80 said:
Hi ,
I think getting passports back depend on individual to individual and depends on how fast the V officer is working . I don't think change of status to "decision made" is anything more than sending request for passport. Now for some it did not change because they don't do things consistently :) .

Don't worry I might not get back passports that soon :) Lol
Guys,
With the blessing of Almighty, I got my passports back from NY Consulate with Maple Leaf Stamp.

I admit i was wrong for my thoughts on decision made status on ecas and passport stamping. Dear_pnp was right that they only change status to "Decision made" when the passports are stamped. My passports reached March 09th and they stamped my passports next day March 10. But they posted them back yesterday March 17th. My photos were accepted without date stamp even though i sent them another photos with date stamp on monday march14th. please feel to ask any questions u might have. Thanks for your support and yes i will be on this forum daily

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
Guys,
With the blessing of Almighty, I got my passports back from NY Consulate with Maple Leaf Stamp.

I admit i was wrong for my thoughts on decision made status on ecas and passport stamping. Dear_pnp was right that they only change status to "Decision made" when the passports are stamped. My passports reached March 09th and they stamped my passports next day March 10. But they posted them back yesterday March 17th. My photos were accepted without date stamp even though i sent them another photos with date stamp on monday march14th. please feel to ask any questions u might have. Thanks for your support and yes i will be on this forum daily

Oh dear King80, I am so happy for you. You are sooooooooooo done my friend with all these waiting times and anticipations. You can now relax and give yourself a rest. Its was not an easy ride bro. I know how is that.

But yeah I am still not done and you gotta help me out lol.

1. When you sent your envelope (i assume through fedex), did you affix that bar code label that we got from Buffalo on the outside of the envelope?

2. Which service did you use for the return service? If you used fedex, how did you do it?

3. Are you in USA or Canada (Before landing lol)?

4. Anything you have that you can share with us? Also when do you think I should be receiving my passport back?

Gooooooooooooooood luck bro, Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Many congrats to you King80, Glad you got your passport back with the maple leaves. That was super duper quick. Lets hope others get the similar service from the consulates as well.

Others please continue to share your experience so we can continue to hope.

Again many congrats to you.
:)

King80 said:
Guys,

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
dear_pnp,
While King80 is indeed an authority on this questions since he got a reply, I will share my experience so far if that helps you.

1. I am doing my stuff through a lawyer, and they didn't send me any such label. They simply asked me to put my case number and Full Name on the envelop.
2. The instructions from the Buffalo office clearly said to use the USPS prepaid Express Service envelop (~$18.00). Just tell the USPS counter person that you want a Prepaid Express Service. They will tell you which envelop and farm to fill with your return address etc..
3- I am US.
4- Buffalo received my PPR envelop via USPS including the RPRF fee money order 2 weeks ago. They cashed the check on Thursday 3/17/11. So I suppose they should be stamping it soon and send it my way now. Question is when did King80 send his RFRP check and when was it cashed?. I will ask him this as a separate question.

Hope this helps you or someone else.

dear_pnp said:
Oh dear King80, I am so happy for you. You are sooooooooooo done my friend with all these waiting times and anticipations. You can now relax and give yourself a rest. Its was not an easy ride bro. I know how is that.

But yeah I am still not done and you gotta help me out lol.

1. When you sent your envelope (i assume through fedex), did you affix that bar code label that we got from Buffalo on the outside of the envelope?

2. Which service did you use for the return service? If you used fedex, how did you do it?

3. Are you in USA or Canada (Before landing lol)?

4. Anything you have that you can share with us? Also when do you think I should be receiving my passport back?

Gooooooooooooooood luck bro, Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Again congrats,

I wanted to ask a question. When did the consulate received the RPRF money order and when did they cash it. Were they before you sent the PPR and the stamping?

Thanks

King80 said:
Guys,

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor said:
In future if you are planning to move to Alberta, it is okay to land in Ontario for now. If you land in Ontario and future do not move to Alberta but move to some other province, your intent might be a question at time of citizenship. If you land in Alberta and then future move to another provice, you can always say that you intended to move to Alberta but move to another provice as you got a job or something. How dear the $800 is upto you to decide.

You can use AVR as long as you have a valid I94. Make sure you dont surrender your I94 while leaving the US and that the I94 is valid on your return date for atleast 30 days. Again there is no rule to have it valid for 30 days, in general the US Border Patrol might question your intent to re-enter if you have few days left on your I94. You can also carry your extension receipt notice along to be safe.
Thanks for your suggestion.. I will probably land in AB ..I am planning for one weekend ( friday ,satday,sunday) ..is that enough to complete landing and apply for pr cards ,SIN, health cards etc... I will be moving sometime in winter..

Regards..

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
washington.state said:
People on east coast always had this dilemma because if you live near NY-NJ area then just 70-80$ gas and that's it. Keep in mind that you all will automatically move to Alberta after spending few weeks in Toronto. It is just not the right place to settle. Same type or skill set, same type of people I mean somehow Ontarians are kind of stupid when it comes to welcoming newcomer. So don't feel any confusion about landing in Toronto. Speak with confidence because this is the truth that ya'll newcomers will settle in AB because that's where they are welcoming. Ya'll settle down in Alberta and only in Alberta. Even if those ass***les sitting at Fort Erie, peace bridge, rainbow bridge etc question you too much then tell them FXXck you!! Simply tell CBSA officials that you are finishing this process and intend to live in Alberta forever and no worries at all.
Amount of frustration among immigrants is so high that all those discouraging websites about Canadian immigration focuses on Ontario, Toronto. People don't respect even fuXXCkin Greyhound Bus driver will treat you like a Garbage. Intra-immigrant relationship is so worst that all immigrants are ready to beat each other because somehow they all believe that there was million dollar a month paying job for which he was qualified because of his Foreign earned High School Diploma and that job was taken by any other immigrant. You will get into that psychological bubble of immigrants which includes all those creepy thoughts and blah blah blah... these things are okay as a tool to succeed but if these things become motive of life that means that you are living in Toronto and have become part of this bubble.
Stay away from Ontario! Immigrants are so frustrated and discouraged in Ontario that everybody is ready to cry and beat each other's aXX. People feel insulting to talk about SIN card because it makes them immigrant because there entire motive is to pretend like a born native. People hate to talk about job because it is a symptom of being immigrant which simply means the lowest ebb of society and then Canadian Degree versus foreign diploam and all bs. Live in West and be happy and prosperous. Hate Toronto Love West! Be it US or Canada the real money is always generated in West. From Hollywood to MIcrosoft everything great happens in California and Washington! Trash Toronto and love Calgary!

I just want to complete landing formalities and apply for PR card, SIN and health card and come back to USA.. I will move to AB sometime in winter..And you are right about Toronto, because almost 20% immigrants move to ON after coming to Canada.. ON and BC are two most attractive states for new immigrants.maybe that's why ON doesn't welcome new immigrants.. .BC for weather and ON for jobs..I was in Vancouver in 2003 for 2 years..There is no place in North America that's even comparable to Vancouver (small, beautiful weather, good transportation etc).. We are all ABians and I will land AB itself to be on the safer side..
Regards,