July 19-2010
Med's Done....
July 23-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jan 7-2011
Hello Folks,

FYI, I just received an email stating that my file has been transfered to LA to expedite the process. Medical done July 26th. Be patient folks...

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
cooldeepforyou said:
Hi Manny
It reached on 17 aug.. also i know why they sent my file to LA
because i had visitor visa for canada from LA Consulate.. I strongly feel that this is the reason to move my file there..
I do not think that is the reason they transferred your file to LA. I too have visitor visa from LA office. My file has be transferred to New York. From previous postings, LA office is faster than others. Ottawa received my medicals on July 02. It does not make sense why Buffalo would transfer file at stage of the process. Does anyone has any idea how long NY office takes to process applications for someone who has done medicals in June/July? I hope they do not take another 3 months.

cuterash

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-15-2010
Nomination.....
11-18-2009
AOR Received.
07-03-2010
File Transfer...
To LA - 10/20/2010
Med's Request
07-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-14-2010
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
Received following email today ...i dont know how long it will take now

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:
Canadian Consulate General
550 South Hope Street, 9th floor
Los Angeles,
California 90071
fax: 213-625-7154
e-mail: los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
The Canadian Consulate General in Los Angeles
will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same.
The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has your file
. Therefore we cannot acknowledge or respond to future correspondence from you. Please do not submit any further documents or correspondence to this office. If IELTS or TEF test results are sent to us, they will be forwarded to the Canadian Consulate General in Los Angeles.
In the event of a change in your address, marital status or family composition, inform the office noted above immediately . Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Los Angeles.
Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.
All future correspondence you receive will be from the office noted above.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section

cutie

May 5, 2010
Did u send all the additional documents at the time of filing or if any documents u have not attached?

jxyj01 said:
I do not think that is the reason they transferred your file to LA. I too have visitor visa from LA office. My file has be transferred to New York. From previous postings, LA office is faster than others. Ottawa received my medicals on July 02. It does not make sense why Buffalo would transfer file at stage of the process. Does anyone has any idea how long NY office takes to process applications for someone who has done medicals in June/July? I hope they do not take another 3 months.

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
cutie said:
Did u send all the additional documents at the time of filing or if any documents u have not attached?
I sent all the additional documents, that included all police clearances, fees etc. And, they haven't requested any additional documents.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Cuterash & Freshstart

First of all nice to know there is movement across all the dates of the people who submitted medicals in July. Seems to be sign of things to come for the August and Sep folks.

Anywaz if you dont both mind ...could you share if you are located on the west coast of Usa ( might be an additional reason why your files got transferred to LA).Also did you send a complete package with unexpired FBI certificates at time of application.

Also good luck rest of the way.

Lightsinthemist

cuterash said:
Received following email today ...i dont know how long it will take now

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:
Canadian Consulate General
550 South Hope Street, 9th floor
Los Angeles,
California 90071
fax: 213-625-7154
e-mail: los-angeles-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
The Canadian Consulate General in Los Angeles
will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same.
The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has your file
. Therefore we cannot acknowledge or respond to future correspondence from you. Please do not submit any further documents or correspondence to this office. If IELTS or TEF test results are sent to us, they will be forwarded to the Canadian Consulate General in Los Angeles.
In the event of a change in your address, marital status or family composition, inform the office noted above immediately . Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Los Angeles.
Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.
All future correspondence you receive will be from the office noted above.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Also from the dates of Jxy01,Cutierash,Freshstart and others

Files are approximately getting transferred 3 months from time of reaching of medicals to buffalo.

Exceptions.

1.If the file is caught up in a long background check this might not be true.
2.If buffalo is requesting additional documentation like expired FBI's etc etc .....

Manny yours probably will be up next as your medicals reached on July 15th (from your status ) .

Good luck bro . ;D Rest hang on this might be the best news in recent times .Sab ka number aayega

Lightsinthemist

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah now that the train started chugging along, maybe the may end and june applicants will get med request/aor .... this week/next week... really hoping so

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
I am planning to send my RPRF for me and my wife, along with new CA state clearance and the rejection letters i have been getting from the FBI. Do you guys think that will do it? because they requested new set of fbi record for me and wife, but i have been getting rejected over and over again.
please advise.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hey JXYJ01,

Given that your file is transferred to NYC office, May I ask which state do you reside at? (NJ/NY/PA)?

Thanks

jxyj01 said:

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
Avalap said:
Hey JXYJ01,

Given that your file is transferred to NYC office, May I ask which state do you reside at? (NJ/NY/PA)?

Thanks
I reside in MO, I changed my address from Northern CA to MO after the medicals.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
I hope I don't fall in exception 1! good possibility though, as I've lived in many countries. Fingers crossed.

Anyways, my family is traveling to India for vacation to see if they can jinx and jumpstart PPR :) Coz it is typical that when you are about to travel for pleasure that your passport becomes required for some other purpose !! :D

Best of luck to all.

lightsinthemist said:
Also from the dates of Jxy01,Cutierash,Freshstart and others

Files are approximately getting transferred 3 months from time of reaching of medicals to buffalo.

Exceptions.

1.If the file is caught up in a long background check this might not be true.
2.If buffalo is requesting additional documentation like expired FBI's etc etc .....

Manny yours probably will be up next as your medicals reached on July 15th (from your status ) .

Good luck bro . ;D Rest hang on this might be the best news in recent times .Sab ka number aayega

Lightsinthemist

cuterash

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-15-2010
Nomination.....
11-18-2009
AOR Received.
07-03-2010
File Transfer...
To LA - 10/20/2010
Med's Request
07-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-14-2010
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
I am from Houston , TX

lightsinthemist said:
Cuterash & Freshstart

First of all nice to know there is movement across all the dates of the people who submitted medicals in July. Seems to be sign of things to come for the August and Sep folks.

Anywaz if you dont both mind ...could you share if you are located on the west coast of Usa ( might be an additional reason why your files got transferred to LA).Also did you send a complete package with unexpired FBI certificates at time of application.

Also good luck rest of the way.

Lightsinthemist

zorro1

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Hi all

I got request of additional docs today (FBI, PCC and RPRF) . Unfortunately I send the copies of FBI and PCC at the time of application (March-02,2010). Should I send my expired FBI and PCC now (was not expired at the time of application) or should I apply for new docs.. which will take for ever again. I guess some of you were in similar situation before. Please advice

Thanks