AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
Can any tell me how do i update my address with CIC?

do I need to email them, if yes can I have the email address.

Thank you,

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Since no-one has replied to you so I thought I let you know what I came to know through this forum. I was also due for an apartment shift but decided to continue another 6 months in the same place with the anticipation that I get AOR within 6 months. Though this apartment sucks but I decided to avoid making any changes to my application until I get AOR. I know some address changes are unavoidable and so probably the following threads below can help you out-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t15729.0.html;msg141334;topicseen#msg141334

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t15729.0.html;msg120335;topicseen#msg120335

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t15729.0.html;msg119110;topicseen#msg119110

And also there is this piece of information on CIC Buffalo site (You probably have to leave the file number blank if you do not have AOR, but make sure you notify AINP)-

Change of Address

You can register a change in your address by sending an e-mail to:

buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Be sure to provide:

Your file number

Your full name

Your date of birth

Your country of birth

Your citizenship

Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/change_address-changement_adresse.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=361&menu=L

I would suggest that you try some digging for answers by yourself, you never know you can come across gold and that gold can be yours!

Finally do let everyone here know how you went about getting your address with CIC changed and what it took to get it correctly reflected in all your files with different CIC offices (Buffalo + Local Consulate).

iAlberta said:

Thank you,

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
thanks for the reply.

car33r said:
Hi,

Since no-one has replied to you so I thought I let you know what I came to know through this forum. I was also due for an apartment shift but decided to continue another 6 months in the same place with the anticipation that I get AOR within 6 months. Though this apartment sucks but I decided to avoid making any changes to my application until I get AOR. I know some address changes are unavoidable and so probably the following threads below can help you out-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t15729.0.html;msg141334;topicseen#msg141334

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t15729.0.html;msg120335;topicseen#msg120335

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t15729.0.html;msg119110;topicseen#msg119110

And also there is this piece of information on CIC Buffalo site (You probably have to leave the file number blank if you do not have AOR, but make sure you notify AINP)-

Change of Address

You can register a change in your address by sending an e-mail to:

buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Be sure to provide:

Your file number

Your full name

Your date of birth

Your country of birth

Your citizenship

Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/change_address-changement_adresse.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=361&menu=L

I would suggest that you try some digging for answers by yourself, you never know you can come across gold and that gold can be yours!

Finally do let everyone here know how you went about getting your address with CIC changed and what it took to get it correctly reflected in all your files with different CIC offices (Buffalo + Local Consulate).

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Hi,

Thursday I got my FBI results and I send my CIC Application with all required documents to day Friday.Thanks for the forum members for all your help and contributions.

I got my cashier cheque from Bank of america.But as most of us said here ,there is no customer service number to call on the back of cheque .Banker told me that I need to go to the branch and check with them to know the the status of cashier cheque.

Virgo

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bank of America cashier's check customer support number is- 888 217 4038.

When you call them, you will be asked for the check no appearing on the top right hand side of the check, the account no appearing on the bottom right hand side of the check and the dollar amount.

You can even ask them for mailing you a copy of the encashed check if you want to know the File number in advance before you get AOR.

virgo said:
Hi,

Thursday I got my FBI results and I send my CIC Application with all required documents to day Friday.Thanks for the forum members for all your help and contributions.

I got my cashier cheque from Bank of america.But as most of us said here ,there is no customer service number to call on the back of cheque .Banker told me that I need to go to the branch and check with them to know the the status of cashier cheque.

Virgo

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Members,

Those of you whose checks has been encashed by Buffalo, and who have not received their AOR but know their File numbers from the copy of encashed checks; could you tell what you see when you try to check your application status on the CIC website?

My check got encashed and I know my file number by the file number stamped on the copy of encashed check. However when I tried to check my application status on CIC website using the file number that I obtained from the copy of encashed check, it says no information found. I know there is nothing to panic at this time coz probably they have not entered my information onto the system, but can you fellows in similar situation try checking at CIC website and share what you see?

Many thanks.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper and vsrao:

Nice job on updating the tracking sheet with the PCC field.

Thanks, much appreciated by users in this forum! Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
iAlberta said:

Thank you,
Your file #
Your date of birth #
Your Country of Birth #
Your full name #
Previous address
New address
you can do by fax or mail ( i did fax, they changed my mailing address with in 1 day)

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Jasper,

My application reached CIC today 5th April.I submitted with all pcc,FBI.Please update the sheet that you guys are maintaining.

Thank you
Virgo

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi

I got one question,If I do landing in canada and come to USA on AVR.Does this will any issue in my perm labour and I 140 processing.
I heard that officer at border may report landing to USCIS and this may cause some issue in perm and I 140.
Im not worried about I 485.I just worried about labour and I 140..
Please let me know ,do landing will cause any issue in filing labour, I 140.Right now,my perm labour is in process.

Thanks

AB2009IL

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 04 2009
Nomination.....
26 Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 05 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Mar 30 2010
Med's Request
Mar 05 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 30 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jul 09 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 26 2010
LANDED..........
Aug 19 2010
Can any one post some information about how long it takes to get RPRF and PPR requests after Medicals are received at New York Canadian Consulate General office?

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AB2009IL said:
Can any one post some information about how long it takes to get RPRF and PPR requests after Medicals are received at New York Canadian Consulate General office?
RPRF can be send anytime to visa office. As per spreadsheet, it takes somewhere between 2.5 to 4 months in general. Some lucky people got PPR within 1.5 -2 months.

earth

Nov 20, 2009
it has been many days since any more checks have been encashed after CIC application sent. The last check were encashed on 29 march - does anyone any update on checks being encashed after 29 march?

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
My check got cashed on 30 March. Application reached to CIC on 12 March. I have requested the copy of check will let you know if AOR on check really produces any result.