+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
ingegarcia, i have the same experience as you. i get calls and emails, but once they realize i'm still in the us, they simply stop communicating :(.

I'll be landing there this end of September. Hopefully then, they'll start acknowledging my job applications.

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Hi Poppy,

I am hoping to land sometime before year end.

Another piece of info: I spoke with an AINP representative a few days ago and they said that we should land in Ab only as they have heard of immigration officers giving people a hard time if they land in another province. The rep also said that they got calls from people who lost their PR bcoz of this. So it seems it is best not to take any chances (esp. for ppl like us who have waited so long for PR).

poppyjml said:
Congrats mango.lassee!!!
When are you planning to land?

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
thanks for the info mango lasse!
hey how about if i land in edmonton, alberta eventhough my destination in the COPR is listed as Calgary, Alberta? Will that be a problem also?

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
poppyjml said:
thanks for the info mango lasse!
hey how about if i land in edmonton, alberta eventhough my destination in the COPR is listed as Calgary, Alberta? Will that be a problem also?
poppy, me thinks you will be fine..its only a 3 hr drive b/n edmonton and calgary. If they ask, tell them you want to drive thru their scenic province:) btw, when are you planning to land?

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
poppyjml,

A quick question. May i know the exact date you send the PCCs ( ohio and Michigan) to Newyork office.

From the forum i came to know that you send PCCs after July 27, 2009 and got PPR on Aug 10, 2009 ( Dated Aug 6 2009)

My case is similar to yours. New york office requested my Florida PCC on Sept 5 and just curious to have a rough estimate when i may be receiving My PPR once i send my PCC.

srini

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
I can say after NY consulate requested my State PCC, it took them a little more than a month to request my passport after receiving my State PCC.

srini_72 said:
poppyjml,

A quick question. May i know the exact date you send the PCCs ( ohio and Michigan) to Newyork office.

From the forum i came to know that you send PCCs after July 27, 2009 and got PPR on Aug 10, 2009 ( Dated Aug 6 2009)

My case is similar to yours. New york office requested my Florida PCC on Sept 5 and just curious to have a rough estimate when i may be receiving My PPR once i send my PCC.

srini

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
hi srini,

my case is actually a bit different. AFter I had my medicals done on June 12, I immediately sent my state PCCs and RPRF to Buffalo on June 21, eventhough it wasn't requested at that time. The problem was they moved my case to NY on June 16, and it only showed in ecas after I've already sent my PCCs. I emailed buffalo and they said they will be forwarding everything to NY.

I saw that they encashed my RPRF July 17, and yet they requested state PCC on July 21.

Though I sent the new state PCCs again, I think they've already seen my original state PCCs by then, that's why I got PPR quicker.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mango.lassee said:
Hi Poppy,

I am hoping to land sometime before year end.

Another piece of info: I spoke with an AINP representative a few days ago and they said that we should land in Ab only as they have heard of immigration officers giving people a hard time if they land in another province. The rep also said that they got calls from people who lost their PR bcoz of this. So it seems it is best not to take any chances (esp. for ppl like us who have waited so long for PR).

poppyjml said:
Congrats mango.lassee!!!
When are you planning to land?
I think that this is pretty stupid if that is the case that they are getting calls of losing PR status just because somebody landed in different province. There can be some genuine reason to do so. It is not always that you are landing in Ontario because you want to live there?? These type of things sometimes makes me more suspicious about the success in Alberta Canada. Sometimes it feels that it should not like a Alberta Jail where youare bound to work for low wages even you are getting double salary in Toronto or vancouver. The problem which US Citizens have with Indian IT workforce will be the same which Indian workforce may face in Alberta. If I am SAP Project Manager and making 110 K in US and gets a same position in Calgary for 70K while same position offers me 105K in vancouver or Toronto, I will have to work for 70K and even with fierce competition and cheap bargain because of 10,000 SAP managers available only in Alberta because of this AINP Boundation.
God knows what ill happen. Let the chow post his experience about jobs in Edmonton.

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Passport request ,

Hi
Im trying to send passport with document for pr visa stamping,Im having one question about this,
Should we post passport with I-94 ,which is stapled at port of entry.Please any body posted there passport with I -94

Please advice me

Thanks

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
My PP reached NY last wednesday... eCAS status shows :

"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. "

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great you should get passport back this week ainpdude !!
congrts once again !!

ainpdude said:
My PP reached NY last wednesday... eCAS status shows :

"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. "