ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
j2alberta said:
Fellas,
Need help!!
I lost my job about a week back and dont know what to do......

I have submitted my nomination and supporting documents except Indian PCC to Buffalo. I have not received a medical request/AOR yet but am planning to get my file transferred to Delhi consulate after I get my AOR..... can I do that?? am planning to do this to be present in the country where I can get to the interview. With my h1b gone, I dont know wht can be done to be here if at all an interview comes up.

Is there anyone here who got their file transferred to their Home Country after receiving their AOR? Please advise!!

Sorry to hear that J2. You should be able to transfer the file. People have done that.

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
poppyjml said:
I just got my passport with the visa today!! =). I sent my passport last week, Wednesday.

To all those who have gotten their visa already, what was written in your no. of entries? Mine says 1. Does that mean that I can't go to Alberta, just land, then go back to us, then go to Alberta after a couple of months?

yrinaldy, how do you plan to move your things? thru usps, atlasworldgroup, or is there anything better and cheaper?
congratulations poppyjml. you don't need to worry abut the no. of entries. On your first entry, you'll get PR.
did you get stamped from NY or some where else? I sent mine PP yesterday. when are you planning to move to canada?

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
hi canadiann. my passport came from ny. i sent my passport to them wed afternoon and it reached them thursday morning.
then they stamped the visa monday and mailed it also monday evening.

did you send your passport to ny already? if you did, hopefully you'll get it by this week or early next week :)

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It has been 58 days since CIC received my application and 34 days since they encashed my BOTH application fee and Right of landing fee checks. Can anyone tell me how long do i still need to wait till i hear from them? thank you............. all and congrats to all of you who are moving forward........... good luck to people like me.....................

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
despoimmigrant said:
It has been 58 days since CIC received my application and 34 days since they encashed my BOTH application fee and Right of landing fee checks. Can anyone tell me how long do i still need to wait till i hear from them? thank you............. all and congrats to all of you who are moving forward........... good luck to people like me.....................
It has been 64 days since CIC received my application...

So we have similar timelines.. Lets wait

Gixxer750

Apr 16, 2009
Dallas, TX
dnataraj said:
despoimmigrant said:

Me too..

my application was received by CIC on June 15th...
Hoping to see some progress on my Application soon...

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
dnataraj said:
despoimmigrant said:

Hi dnataraj

r u sure you are in the same boat as Despo ?

Despo is waiting on AOR and I think you are expecting PPR ?

j2alberta

May 11, 2009
Guys?? no suggestions??
j2alberta said:
Fellas,
Need help!!

I have submitted my nomination and supporting documents except Indian PCC to Buffalo. I have not received a medical request/AOR yet but am planning to get my file transferred to Delhi consulate after I get my AOR..... can I do that?? am planning to do this to be present in the country where I can get to the interview. With my h1b gone, I dont know wht can be done to be here if at all an interview comes up.

Is there anyone here who got their file transferred to their Home Country after receiving their AOR? Please advise!!

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
ZAD said:
Hi dnataraj

ZAD,
You are right. I am waiting for PRR. Since Despo mentioned about RPRF and its encashment I thought he too is waiting for PRR
Thanks for clarifying. Where do you stand?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
j2alberta said:
Guys?? no suggestions??
j2alberta said:
Fellas,
Need help!!

Sorry to hear that.
You cannot request CIC to transfer your file to New Delhi. However not all is lost.
This is what you can do.

1. Change your address with CIC to one that in India. (do not use their online system). Use mail/fax quoting your CIC-file number
2. Get all State PCC before you leave for India.
3. Arrange with someone to forward your mail here to India.

You should be fine then

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
dnataraj said:
ZAD said:
Hi dnataraj

ZAD,
You are right. I am waiting for PRR. Since Despo mentioned about RPRF and its encashment I thought he too is waiting for PRR
Thanks for clarifying. Where do you stand?
We both almost have same time-lines.

I also submitted additional documents to Buffalo on June 05 ( request was for state PCC, ), and still no response :(

One thing I still couldn't understand what criteria buffalo have when they transfer files.

Because there are hardly any PPRs coming from buffalo. All passport requests you can see are from files which get transferred to other consulates.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi Guys... just an update of my case ... e-Cas changed to Decision Made on 8/17, Passport Received: 8/19... the wait is over :)))
BTW no luck with the job offer... yesterday after receiving my PR, the company called me to cancel the project due to current economical conditions..... so... most probably I'll be traveling to Alberta around October to do the landing and come back to US... I think I'll wait until next year when the economy shows a better outlook..

Congratulations to all who have had news, medicals, PR, etc... and Good luck to all!!

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Hi Guys... just an update of my case ... e-Cas changed to Decision Made on 8/17, Passport Received: 8/19... the wait is over :)))
BTW no luck with the job offer... yesterday after receiving my PR, the company called me to cancel the project due to current economical conditions..... so... most probably I'll be traveling to Alberta around October to do the landing and come back to US... I think I'll wait until next year when the economy shows a better outlook..

Congratulations to all who have had news, medicals, PR, etc... and Good luck to all!!
Inge, I feel really bad about what has happened. For whatever reason, I just wanted you to be there before we follow. But then, fact is fact. Yes, they WILL call you back when economy gets on track. Till then be here with all of us :)

My best wishes and prayers are with you
-dna

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
ingegarcia said:

hi inge. sad to hear your news. but yeah, at least now you have a more options. you should be empowered to apply for work. since you are now a PR holder, this should open more job opportunities for you. :)