+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

udkah123

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, i have applied for my parent's super visa and have received the request for Original Passports... but i have heard that they do not give visa more than the expiry date of the passport and my parent's passport expire in 2 years.... is it possible if i apply for new passport and send the new one with 10 year validity?
Anyone has experienced this? i don't want to apply again after 2 years..
Looking for guidance...

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi, i have applied for my parent's super visa and have received the request for Original Passports... but i have heard that they do not give visa more than the expiry date of the passport and my parent's passport expire in 2 years.... is it possible if i apply for new passport and send the new one with 10 year validity?
Looking for guidance...
Hi, congrats on the approval.

I dont think that you will get a 10 years validity visa if you choose to send renewed passport as decision is already made.
Others can comment on this who are doubly sure about such situations.

Would you mind sharing your timeline pls, such as date of app, date of biometric, date of meds etc. This will help us to keep track of our applications. Thanks

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

So my mom's supervisa finally approved.
I was wondering, because it took longer than we thought, her insurance is only valid 10 months from now on.
Her insurance is effective from Oct 17th and now its Nov so when she get to the Vancouver airport next month it will be only valid for 10 months if you understand what i am talking about?

Do you think its going to be a problem when she shows it to the officer at the border?

TIA!!

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Looking for guidance...
Congrats on approval. Did you attach return flight tickets while applying super visa?

j1992g

Apr 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

i have applied for my father’s supervisa on May 7,2019 and on October 7, 2019 He got his medical approved but I am still waiting for the passport request. I have filled IRCC webform to get enquiry but canada govt replied that the file is lying in delhi office and i should contact them and I did so but still haven’t got any reply back from them. Can anyone here tell me what should I do now. Its been so long now.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

i have applied for my father’s supervisa on May 7,2019 and on October 7, 2019 He got his medical approved but I am still waiting for the passport request. I have filled IRCC webform to get enquiry but canada govt replied that the file is lying in delhi office and i should contact them and I did so but still haven’t got any reply back from them. Can anyone here tell me what should I do now. Its been so long now.
Hi,
It has been over 5 months and your case is still pending, so slow at IRCCs part. Any specific reason for this delay? Your father is of which nationality and did you apply online or paper application?
I wish you all the best for rest of the process and you hear good news soon.

j1992g

Apr 11, 2017
I am not sure about any reason they are not telling anything. He is from India and I have applied online for him.

Hi,
It has been over 5 months and your case is still pending, so slow at IRCCs part. Any specific reason for this delay? Your father is of which nationality and did you apply online or paper application?
I wish you all the best for rest of the process and you hear good news soon.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Is anyone on here waiting on Supervisa application from the London UK office? My parents applications have gone beyond the processing time by 2 weeks and whenever we submit a webform, all we get is an automated response

Nikhil shah

May 4, 2016
Hello everyone!

I am planning to apply for my parents supervisa. I am stuck at one document. PURPOSE OF TRAVEL. i am planning to reserve ticket for 1 year with return. however do i need to let them know that what they will do here for 1 year? like detail itenary? their sole purpose of coming here is to stay with us. please advice.

Thanks

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
My parents are retired so I went with to experience the life that i've have created for myself in Canada. If you haven't seen them for a long time, that could also be a reason or if you have kids, they could enjoy seeing their grandkids

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
My parents super visa application was submitted to the UK office 27th August and is still in process. Its now at 102 days and the average processing time is 82 days. Very frustrating. Web form responses only give you an automated response stating that its "in process". My parents are thinking of coming to Canada for Christmas under the visa free programme, for those who applied and received their super visas, how did they get issued to you? Do you have to be in the country where you reside?

Harry_14

Jul 8, 2016
Hi there,

Can u pls help me, submitted super visa application for my mother, all test done, my mother received back passport last week but i am confused as on visa it says v1 visitor multiple for 10 years. So is it super or visitor?

Hi,
@Bryanna and @Kindness101
Finally I just received a passport request for my parents Supervisa application. Thank you so much to both of you for being so positive and for emotionally supporting me Everytime I was worried about the timeline. Special thanks to you Bryanna for providing your valuable advices and suggestions whenever it was needed. I truly appreciate all the help.

I am just sharing my timelines here so that it can help to someone like me who is desperately waiting for the final decision on their parents supervisa application.

Supervisa application for both parents (Bangalore VISA Office) :
Applied: March 11, 2019
With upfront Medicals
Biometrics request: March 13
Biometrics submitted: March 19
Medical passed in the same week of biometrics submission
Since then it was keep showing the same message of reviewing eligibility

Got passport request: today April 29, 2019