+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone tell me how much money do the parents need to show in their bank accounts ? Also , do we need to attach return tickets with the visa application ?

Indocan12

Jan 5, 2020
hi guys,

Even I have the same question, and do the parents required Indian ITR if they are retired and how soon can you apply for Parent's supervisa after your landing date in Canada?

Would appreciate some responses on this..Thanks!

swapan2u

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2019
Dec 28, 2019: Online application submitted
Dec 30, 2019: Biometrics request
Dec 31, 2019: Biometrics submitted
Jan 01, 2020: Biometrics updated on the portal
Jan 22, 2020: Medical Request
Jan 29, 2020: Medicals done
Feb 05, 2020: Portal update "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam"

swapan2u

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2019
Super Visa Application for my Father, Finally PPR:

Dec 28, 2019: Online application submitted
Dec 30, 2019: Biometrics request
Dec 31, 2019: Biometrics submitted
Jan 01, 2020: Biometrics updated on the portal
Jan 22, 2020: Medical Request
Jan 29, 2020: Medicals are done
Feb 05, 2020: Portal update "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam"
Mar 05, 2020: Correspondence Letter
Mar 05, 2020: Original Passport Request

vaibhavpatel

Oct 31, 2014
Hi Guys!! Recently my in laws had super visa approved. They came to Canada but they were only provided stay for 1 year. Previously, they came to Canada based on their visitor visa and last time we'd applied for their extension as we needed them for more than 6 months. They received an approval on their extension then. But this year we thought to apply for Super visa as they were planning to stay longer than months. Any idea why their status would be stamped in passport for 1 year eventhough their super visa is approved until 2020 (if they would have got 2 year stamp would have been good)?

in love with my hubby

Oct 15, 2012
Visa Office......
OTTAWA /ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 DEC 2011
Doc's Request.
re- pcc on 20 june 2013, chc rec. 18 july 13
File Transfer...
14 FEB 2012
Med's Request
20 june 2013
Med's Done....
3rd july 2013
Passport Req..
alhumdulillah! on 5th nov2013
VISA ISSUED...
20 nov 2013 yeaaaah!!!!
LANDED..........
1rst dec 2013
Application date: Dec 17, 2017
Medical: Upfront
Passport request: Feb 5, 2018
Passport received: Feb 12, 2018

My documents included: NOA, bank statement (3 months), invitation letter, signed promise of financial support, employment letter, pay stubs, medical insurance (1 year), birth certificate,
Parent's docs included: Bank statement (3 months)
did I give invitation letter and financial support separately?

pavel2017

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Hi - According to CIC Website it says :
have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
  • valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
  • at least $100,000 coverage
  • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)

Does that mean that insurance is not required after year 1, if the stay is continuous? Insurance is not mandatory for year 2?

Samy.K

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017

Does that mean that insurance is not required after year 1, if the stay is continuous? Insurance is not mandatory for year 2?
Every time they will enter the country on super visa the insurance should be valid atleast for 1 year. If they decide to live for more than 1 year than its advisable to to extend it but not mandatory.
But if you mention the duration of the stay more than 1 year on the application then make sure you mention there that you will renew the insurance. Its always advisable to get the insurance for another year if they want to stay for full 2 years.

Cheers

Samy.K

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
did I give invitation letter and financial support separately?
What I did was combined Letter of invitation and Promise of support along with my documents in one PDF and the 1st page was table of content where I mentioned everything in order they were combined.

My sequence was as follow:
Invitation letter
My birth certificate and cancelled Indian passport first and last page- To confirm I am their son
My Canadian Passport and Citizenship certificate
Letter of Promise of financial support
Notice of Assessment
Employment Letter
My bank Statement

This worked fine with my file without issues.

in love with my hubby

Oct 15, 2012
Visa Office......
OTTAWA /ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 DEC 2011
Doc's Request.
re- pcc on 20 june 2013, chc rec. 18 july 13
File Transfer...
14 FEB 2012
Med's Request
20 june 2013
Med's Done....
3rd july 2013
Passport Req..
alhumdulillah! on 5th nov2013
VISA ISSUED...
20 nov 2013 yeaaaah!!!!
LANDED..........
1rst dec 2013
What I did was combined Letter of invitation and Promise of support along with my documents in one PDF and the 1st page was table of content where I mentioned everything in order they were combined.

My sequence was as follow:
Invitation letter
My birth certificate and cancelled Indian passport first and last page- To confirm I am their son
My Canadian Passport and Citizenship certificate
Letter of Promise of financial support
Notice of Assessment
Employment Letter
My bank Statement

This worked fine with my file without issues.
what about your parent's financial status and property documents.

Samy.K

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
what about your parent's financial status and property documents.

All other documents will go under additional documents.
Yes I have added property documents for my parents, which was evaluated.
Bank statement for 6 months, for me it was joint account for my Mom and Dad, They showed around 3.25 lakhs
IT return because my Dad is working.
Employment letter of Dad

If you have more than enough income here then they can show less there, for me I showed $82000, so 3.25 lakhs worked for them.
Let me know if you need any other details.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys!! Recently my in laws had super visa approved. They came to Canada but they were only provided stay for 1 year. Previously, they came to Canada based on their visitor visa and last time we'd applied for their extension as we needed them for more than 6 months. They received an approval on their extension then. But this year we thought to apply for Super visa as they were planning to stay longer than months. Any idea why their status would be stamped in passport for 1 year eventhough their super visa is approved until 2020 (if they would have got 2 year stamp would have been good)?
There seems to be concerns about the amount of time they ar3 spending in Canada without reestablishing themselves at home.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Every time they will enter the country on super visa the insurance should be valid atleast for 1 year. If they decide to live for more than 1 year than its advisable to to extend it but not mandatory.
But if you mention the duration of the stay more than 1 year on the application then make sure you mention there that you will renew the insurance. Its always advisable to get the insurance for another year if they want to stay for full 2 years.

Cheers
It is mandatory for parents to have supervisa insurance if they are in Canada. You should be extending the policy or getting a new policy after the first year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Your parents need to extend their supervisa insurance if they remain after the 1st year. One of the fundamental requirements of the supervisa permit is that parents must have supervisa insurance while in Canada.

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi All,
I am planning to apply for supervisa for my parents and have the following queries:
1)My father is retired and mom is working. My brother is a PR in canada too. How should we should show tries to home country (as both of their kids are in canada) and my mom will have to leave her Job when the visa gets approved?
2) They don't have stable funds in their accounts, but have Provident funds.
3) I am well above the LICO and can support them both.
Do i need to show any financials from my parents side?
Looking forward to your response........Thanks!!!!