+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Thanks a lot for the suggestion . No i didn't send email thinking that we are permanent residents and according to IRCC She doesn't need written authorization if the immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen/Permanent Resident . but after reading your reply i have sent an email to IRCC thinking that it might speed up the process as it did in your case . Hopefully we both get passport requests soon. Thanks again for your help . I will keep you posted .
No they don't need authorization now you are right. But, we are expected to send an email as instructed by IRCC. Check the "If you've already applied for a visitor visa" section on the link below and best of luck to both of us.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html#visa-applied

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
I had submitted a Super Visa application for my parents in March right before the restrictions. I had no updates on the application since. Until they announced on the 9th of this month (June) that immediate family members are now exempt from travel restrictions even without an essential reason for travel. The instructions was to send an email to IRCC with proof of relationship and some info about the application (details and email address are on IRCC website). We did, and shortly after sending email we received a Medical Request.. then yesterday we received Medical Passed.
Did you send an email to state that they are exempt?
Can you advise when did you apply? I applied for my parents on March 5 before COVID. Sent the email to IRCc on 9 June and got an acknowledgment immediately but no medical request so far. When did u receive medical request and when did you apply also if you can tell your country of application . Thanks in advance

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Can you advise when did you apply? I applied for my parents on March 5 before COVID. Sent the email to IRCc on 9 June and got an acknowledgment immediately but no medical request so far. When did u receive medical request and when did you apply also if you can tell your country of application . Thanks in advance
My parents submitted an online application on March 10. Sent email to IRCC on June 10. Received Additional Documents request and Medical request on June 12. Submitted documents ( updated employment letter for host and NOA) on June 14. Did their Medicals on June 14. Medical report submitted by doctor on June 19. Medical passed on June 22. Nothing ever since. Even the status of additional documents is still "additional documents uploaded".
My parents are Syrians but they live in Qatar.

What about you? What country are your parents from?

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
My parents submitted an online application on March 10. Sent email to IRCC on June 10. Received Additional Documents request and Medical request on June 12. Submitted documents ( updated employment letter for host and NOA) on June 14. Did their Medicals on June 14. Medical report submitted by doctor on June 19. Medical passed on June 22. Nothing ever since. Even the status of additional documents is still "additional documents uploaded".
My parents are Syrians but they live in Qatar.

What about you? What country are your parents from?
They applied from Oman but are from Pakistan ... thank u for the info

notusman

May 26, 2017
Hi,

I want to apply for my parents' super visa and I have a few questions, it would be of great help if anyone can provide it. I have searched a lot but could not find information.

1. I am a Permanent Resident since September 2019 and have started working in May 2020. My spouse started working in Dec 2019. Her 2019 Tax Notice Assessment contained income for December 2019 only whereas in my Notice of Assessment there is no income mentioned. Will my and my wife's pay stubs be sufficient for the last few months as proof of income?
2. Can I also ask my brother to provide his pay stubs and that would add up as proof of income?

Thanks.

notusman

May 26, 2017
I'm trying to apply for supervisa for my mom. But I have some concerns about it. Would appreciate your advice,

1. My last years NOA is below LICO. Is it okey if I submit employment letter (with salary details) & pay stubs?
2. I have got a permanent job and started working from last month, with an annual salary just above the required LICO minimum. Is this okey?
3. Have funds about $25000 in my bank account here. With another $10000 in my moms account. Is this sufficient to support point 2 above?

Thanks in advance
Did you get any response? I am a new resident and also have similar questions:

1. I am a Permanent Resident since September 2019 and have started working in May 2020. My spouse started working in Dec 2019. Her 2019 Tax Notice Assessment contained income for December 2019 only whereas in my Notice of Assessment there is no income mentioned. Will my and my wife's pay stubs be sufficient for the last few months as proof of income?
2. Can I also ask my brother to provide his pay stubs and that would add up as proof of income?

Thanks.

Vik01

Oct 10, 2017
No they don't need authorization now you are right. But, we are expected to send an email as instructed by IRCC. Check the "If you've already applied for a visitor visa" section on the link below and best of luck to both of us.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html#visa-applied
Hi Bro Just to let you know i got a new letter uploaded to my online account just today stating that "Your application for a temporary resident visa has been approved. You will be contacted by the New Delhi Mission who will advise on the next steps " :) but no passport request yet hopefully will get that soon. Any progress in your application?

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Hi Bro Just to let you know i got a new letter uploaded to my online account just today stating that "Your application for a temporary resident visa has been approved. You will be contacted by the New Delhi Mission who will advise on the next steps " :) but no passport request yet hopefully will get that soon. Any progress in your application?
That is great news. Congratulations! Hopefully you'll get the PPR from the mission soon.
No update for us since Medical Passed on June 22 .. and we are running out of patience
Did you get any updates on your account after Medical Passed and before you received the letter? Any sign that the application was actually being looked at?

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Also, would you please share where the letter was sent from? Not the New Delhi VO? I'm curious to know where applications are being processed.

Vik01

Oct 10, 2017
That is great news. Congratulations! Hopefully you'll get the PPR from the mission soon.
No update for us since Medical Passed on June 22 .. and we are running out of patience
Did you get any updates on your account after Medical Passed and before you received the letter? Any sign that the application was actually being looked at?
Thank you. No that's the only update i got after medical passed on May 17.
It only says this at the end
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

But they also send another letter today almost at the same time (bimetrics letter)
RE: validity of your biometric information
Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in
support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify
you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent
temporary resident applications to Canada.

and that is from
Sincerely,
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada
Application Enquiry: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

So i believe both the letters are from them.
I am hoping you will get the update soon as well.

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Also, would you please share where the letter was sent from? Not the New Delhi VO? I'm curious to know where applications are being processed.
Congratulations! You are luck I applied on March 5 and emailed them for exemption thing on June 9 and still no reply. Not even a medical request ... I am really frustrated at this point

Vik01

Oct 10, 2017
Congratulations! You are luck I applied on March 5 and emailed them for exemption thing on June 9 and still no reply. Not even a medical request ... I am really frustrated at this point
looks like they started working on applications again . i am hoping you will get the update soon.