+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
hi there!! Congratulations on this blessed application. I would like to find out where to submit IRCC email for the application. is this regarding the follow up?
My parents submitted application on May 12, received biometrics approval on June 1, but until now no replies yet

IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

email at this address :

1) proof of relationship to confirm they are exempted to travel as immediate family member
2) quarantine plan
3) application details and country of residence

they will start processing your application once they receive the email.
All this info is available on CIC website

Reactions: marienne_20

crashcat007

Oct 13, 2012
Timeline is as follows

application submitted. 5 March 2020
Email sent to IRCC. 9 June
Medical Request. 28 July
Medical submitted 12 August
Medical passed. 17 August
Correspondence letter. 20 August
Approval and PPR. 21 aug
My parents will be submitting passports tomorrow will keep you guys posted when they get the passports back

Hi,

Following is the timeline for my parents supervisa
Application submitted: 9th May 2020
Biometrics request: 11th May 2020
Biometrics submitted: 25th June 2020

Since then haven't seen any update on the application and neither have they request for medicals or such yet.
My parents stay in UAE and visa office to process their application was selected as Abu-Dhabi, UAE.

My parents have been to Canada on Supervisa before, this is their 2nd application as their supervisa expired in Aug 2020.
I know my timeline has not exceeded supervisa processing time as listed for Abu Dhabi office, but I was wondering whether should I email them asking about status of application ?
I was atleast expecting a medical request by now

Any advise on this ?

Thanks,
Althaf

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi,

Following is the timeline for my parents supervisa
Application submitted: 9th May 2020
Biometrics request: 11th May 2020
Biometrics submitted: 25th June 2020

Since then haven't seen any update on the application and neither have they request for medicals or such yet.
My parents stay in UAE and visa office to process their application was selected as Abu-Dhabi, UAE.

My parents have been to Canada on Supervisa before, this is their 2nd application as their supervisa expired in Aug 2020.
I know my timeline has not exceeded supervisa processing time as listed for Abu Dhabi office, but I was wondering whether should I email them asking about status of application ?
I was atleast expecting a medical request by now

Any advise on this ?

Thanks,
Althaf
Did u email to IRCC to resume application after June 9 because you need to send an email to IRCC asking them to resume processing.: see the conversation above on this page... without email they won’t process your application I assume

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents have a Supervisa and they live in India. Given the current situation , Can they travel to Canada ?
Yes as long as they agree to quarantine for 2 weeks when they enter Canada. They must stay in a separate area like a basement if you have one with a bathroom, stay in a hotel or AirBnB or if they stay with your family your whole your whole family will need to quarantine for 14 days.

crashcat007

Oct 13, 2012
Did u email to IRCC to resume application after June 9 because you need to send an email to IRCC asking them to resume processing.: see the conversation above on this page... without email they won’t process your application I assume

Thank you for your quick reply.
I emailed IRCC today with the following details:
1) proof of relationship to confirm they are exempted to travel as immediate family member
2) quarantine plan

I also booked appointment for upfront medical for parents. Will raise a Webform to update the application once I have the E-medical report on hand.

Hoping for the best

Warm Regards,
Althaf

marienne_20

Star Member
Apr 10, 2011
Thank you for your quick reply.
I emailed IRCC today with the following details:
2) quarantine plan

I also booked appointment for upfront medical for parents. Will raise a Webform to update the application once I have the E-medical report on hand.

Hoping for the best

Warm Regards,
Althaf

hi there,

I will email the same now to IRCC, excited for their reply! By God's grace all will be done soon!!,,

I actually thought the upfront medical are not allowed , as they are supposed to email you a letter to show the hospital , before any actual medicals are to be done. Will they honor an E- medical report? In this case, how you would do it?

mgelgendy

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Doc's Request.
25-06-2018
AOR Received.
23-09-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-02-2019
Hey guys,

I would appreciate some help here please.

My mother in law applied for a visitor visa three times in 2017 and was rejected every time because the officers were not convinced she will leave Canada on time. I was on a student visa at that time and was studying full-time (very low income).

Now I am a PR and I am working full-time. I would like to invite both my parents in law. Do you think it would be a wise idea to get them apply for a supervisa? or should they just stick to a regular visitor visa?

crashcat007

Oct 13, 2012
hi there,

I will email the same now to IRCC, excited for their reply! By God's grace all will be done soon!!,,

I actually thought the upfront medical are not allowed , as they are supposed to email you a letter to show the hospital , before any actual medicals are to be done. Will they honor an E- medical report? In this case, how you would do it?
I thought the same that I have to wait for the email from CIC with letter to get medicals then, however then I saw the instruction on the following URL that we can do upfront medical for supervisa applications.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#when
The physicians panel I booked the appointment does E-medical for Canadian visa applicants so I do think visa office will honor it since the E-medical option has been provided to physicians by the CIC.

Reactions: marienne_20

crashcat007

Oct 13, 2012
Hey guys,

I would appreciate some help here please.

My mother in law applied for a visitor visa three times in 2017 and was rejected every time because the officers were not convinced she will leave Canada on time. I was on a student visa at that time and was studying full-time (very low income).

Now I am a PR and I am working full-time. I would like to invite both my parents in law. Do you think it would be a wise idea to get them apply for a supervisa? or should they just stick to a regular visitor visa?
I think it depends on the country as well from where you are applying ?
My parents applied for Visitor visa from UAE 5 times and got rejected 5 times. Even though I was on PR status at that time.
However 2yrs ago I decided to go ahead with SuperVisa application and they got it in first attempt.

Reactions: mgelgendy

mgelgendy

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Doc's Request.
25-06-2018
AOR Received.
23-09-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-02-2019
I think it depends on the country as well from where you are applying ?
My parents applied for Visitor visa from UAE 5 times and got rejected 5 times. Even though I was on PR status at that time.
However 2yrs ago I decided to go ahead with SuperVisa application and they got it in first attempt.

They applied and will apply from Egypt.

Was there a major difference between your status in the two cases (when they were rejected and when they were accepted?

crashcat007

Oct 13, 2012
They applied and will apply from Egypt.

Was there a major difference between your status in the two cases (when they were rejected and when they were accepted?
During First visitor visa attempt, I was on an open work permit status

Remaining 4 visitor visa attempts, I was on PR status.

For 1st supervisa attempt, I was still on PR status and it got approved

Reactions: mgelgendy

marienne_20

Star Member
Apr 10, 2011
I thought the same that I have to wait for the email from CIC with letter to get medicals then, however then I saw the instruction on the following URL that we can do upfront medical for supervisa applications.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#when
The physicians panel I booked the appointment does E-medical for Canadian visa applicants so I do think visa office will honor it since the E-medical option has been provided to physicians by the CIC.

Wow good information. I'll do it soon. :) I got a reply from IRCC , please see below details:

NEW – Since June 9, you will be exempt from the travel restrictions if entering Canada for a period of at least 15 days to be with an immediate family member who is a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident. You do not need a written authorization from the Government of Canada.

NOUVEAU – Depuis le 9 juin, vous serez exemptés des restrictions de voyage si vous entrez au Canada pendant une période d’au moins 15 jours pour être avec un membre de la famille immédiate qui est citoyen canadien ou résident permanent. Vous n'avez pas besoin d'une autorisation écrite du gouvernement du Canada.

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

*** This is an automated reply. Please read the following message and do not reply to this email***

Good day,

This inbox is only for those who:

1. Need to request a written authorization from the Government of Canada to reunite with an immediate family member (residing in Canada and who is NOT a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident) for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose; or
  2. Want to tell us they are exempt from the travel restrictions AND their TRV (visitor visa) application received before April 9 is still in progress AND travelling to Canada for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.

ALL OTHER ENQUIRIES RECEIVED THROUGH THIS INBOX WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

1. Written authorization from the Government of Canada
Who needs to request a written authorization from this inbox?1. You are a foreign national wanting to reunite with an immediate family member residing in Canada that is NOT a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident; and
2. You hold a valid visitor visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), or applied for one before April 9, 2020 and the application is still in progress; and
3. You are travelling to Canada for an essential purpose.
Who is considered an immediate family member?Spouse or common law partner, dependent child, dependent child of a dependent child, parents or step parents, guardian or tutor.
How do I apply for a written authorization letter?Email us at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and provide all the following information for you and your immediate family member in Canada:
· Full name
· Date of Birth
· UCI
· Application Number
· Passport Number
· Detailed purpose of travel
· Proof of relationship with an immediate family member in Canada
· Proof of immigration status of the immediate family member in Canada
· Proof of Temporary Resident Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization
If you have already submitted an incomplete request but meet the above criteria, please resend all documents and information in a single email.

2. Exemptions from the travel restrictions
Who needs to tell this inbox they are exempt from the travel restrictions?· You are a foreign national who applied for a visitor visa before April 9, 2020 and the application is still in progress; and
· You are exempt from the travel restrictions; and
· You are travelling to Canada for an essential purpose.
Who is exempt from the travel restrictions and can enter Canada without written authorization?· Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Temporary foreign worker who has a valid work permit or was approved a work permit
· Student who has a valid study permit or was approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020
· Foreign national who is coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose from the United States
· Immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, in Canada or abroad.
· Other exemptions
What to do if I’m exempt and need to apply for a TRV (visitor visa)· Starting April 9, you must apply online
· You must tell us why you’re exempt from the travel restrictions and why you’re travelling for an essential purpose.
· When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to ensure your application is prioritized:
a) For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
b) For question 1 b) description field, write COVID-19 exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

For all other information, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html.

If you still need assistance, you may submit your question through our webform at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx. Note: If you are submitting your question via the webform and do not already have a UCI, you may enter 00000000 in the webform UCI field.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

marienne_20

Star Member
Apr 10, 2011

Another question, what does this mean exactly? im not sure what this process is and why we need to mention COVID -19.. this is not written in any of the application forms or links for super visa:

i got this reply from IRCC:

· Starting April 9, you must apply online

· You must tell us why you’re exempt from the travel restrictions and why you’re travelling for an essential purpose.

· When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to ensure your application is prioritized:

a) For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.

b) For question 1 b) description field, write COVID-19 exactly like this (you must use capital letters).