+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
But it would be interesting to see if I get the approval whether it is going to be a PPR or only approval like New Delhi guys. Abu Dhabi embassy is open unlike embassies in India so let’s see.. will update u guys as soon as I receive a decision

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
But it would be interesting to see if I get the approval whether it is going to be a PPR or only approval like New Delhi guys. Abu Dhabi embassy is open unlike embassies in India so let’s see.. will update u guys as soon as I receive a decision
Yes I'm also curious to know!
I think they work on Sunday btw

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Yes I'm also curious to know!
I think they work on Sunday btw
Hey Guys! Finally some great news. I got an email to check update in Cic account. My parents super visa status of final decision says approved and there was a letter with Original Passport Request.
I am ecstatic as I was getting no updates for the longest time and suddenly everything is done. Hoping to get them here ASAP if the visa is stamped in 2 weeks i am assuming . Thank you everyone for your advice and support .
How much visa stamping normally takes? 2 weeks?

Reactions: marienne_20

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Hey Guys! Finally some great news. I got an email to check update in Cic account. My parents super visa status of final decision says approved and there was a letter with Original Passport Request.
I am ecstatic as I was getting no updates for the longest time and suddenly everything is done. Hoping to get them here ASAP if the visa is stamped in 2 weeks i am assuming . Thank you everyone for your advice and support .
What a great news! Congratulations! That's very reassuring and now my hopes are up that visas are actually being granted!
Was the PPR issued from Abu Dhabi VO?

In my experience from Qatar, passports are stamped and returned from Abu Dhabi within 10 days or less!

Reactions: marienne_20

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
What a great news! Congratulations! That's very reassuring and now my hopes are up that visas are actually being granted!
Was the PPR issued from Abu Dhabi VO?

In my experience from Qatar, passports are stamped and returned from Abu Dhabi within 10 days or less!
Thank you... I will keep you posted when I get the passports back,, they will call the courier on Sunday to pick up as Oman VAC is only doing courier pick up for passport. PPR does not mention a visa office but yesterday’s correspondence came from Abu Dhabi so I assume this also is auto generated PPR as the PPR letter has same date as of correspondence letter i.e 20 aug

do you know if we have to send photos with passports for stamping as the letter only requires us to send passport?

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Thank you... I will keep you posted when I get the passports back,, they will call the courier on Sunday to pick up as Oman VAC is only doing courier pick up for passport. PPR does not mention a visa office but yesterday’s correspondence came from Abu Dhabi so I assume this also is auto generated PPR as the PPR letter has same date as of correspondence letter i.e 20 aug

do you know if we have to send photos with passports for stamping as the letter only requires us to send passport?
Oh so letter is dated yesterday but the notification arrived today in the Account?

Not sure about the photos! Perhaps the VAC can help with that.

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Oh so letter is dated yesterday but the notification arrived today in the Account?

Not sure about the photos! Perhaps the VAC can help with that.
Yes , I think it must have been set on an auto email yesterday as Abu Dhabi is closed today

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Yes they did get the medical request and cleared it... everyone needs a medical exam if they want to reside more than 6 months

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Congrats,

What your time lines ?

My father cleared medical on 27 July ( upfront ), ever since then no news,
I am kind of anxious because validity of medical was 26 July 2020, as my father got his medical done in 26 July 2019.
Can they ask to redo the medical ? ( although in GC account, it mentioned "you pased the medical "

Malar2019

Sep 3, 2019
Also a positive thing is that the correspondence letter came from Abu Dhabi and the previous update of medical request came from Canada. So the file was moved to Abu Dhabi for passport stamping I assume otherwise the rejection letter could have come straight from Ottawa. Keeping finger crossed and hoping to get the decision in the next week
Congratulations!! Can you tell your timelines please. So that I can try guessing when I will get my parents visa

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Timeline is as follows

application submitted. 5 March 2020
Email sent to IRCC. 9 June
Medical Request. 28 July
Medical submitted 12 August
Medical passed. 17 August
Correspondence letter. 20 August
Approval and PPR. 21 aug
My parents will be submitting passports tomorrow will keep you guys posted when they get the passports back

shayanmubarak1

Mar 2, 2011
Hello Guys,
I am about to apply for my parent's super visa. They are exempt from travel restrictions as I am a PR in Canada.
I am not sure if I should write Purpose of travel on IMM5257E as Super visa or indicate other and then mention COVID19 so that their application is expedited.
Please advise me how selecting COVID19 can affect their application.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

marienne_20

Star Member
Apr 10, 2011
Timeline is as follows

application submitted. 5 March 2020
Email sent to IRCC. 9 June
Medical Request. 28 July
Medical submitted 12 August
Medical passed. 17 August
Correspondence letter. 20 August
Approval and PPR. 21 aug
My parents will be submitting passports tomorrow will keep you guys posted when they get the passports back

hi there!! Congratulations on this blessed application. I would like to find out where to submit IRCC email for the application. is this regarding the follow up?
My parents submitted application on May 12, received biometrics approval on June 1, but until now no replies yet.