30-08-2017
Med's Request
09-04-2018
Med's Done....
09-23-2018
Applied - April 02,2019
Bio Metrics done- April 10th 2019
Upfront Medical- April 11th 2019
Decision - Rejected as somehow medical results were not received by CIC and they rejected the application based on that.
Contacted Our Local Member of Parliament and told him the whole story that the medical was done upfront and some how Visa office did not get the results, Got the rejection letter stating that the application is rejected due to not complying with the medical instructions.
Just today CIC reverted the decision and the visa was approved .
Thought to post here for reference.

Reactions: myra20sharma

Annuabhi

May 30, 2019
Hi Everyone.
I am new to this forum.
Can anyone guide me about Supervisa for parents.
I arrived in Canada on PR 2 and half year back. I have 2 year NOA from CRA.
I want to apply for my parents supervisa. My parents never travelled to any country.
My income is more than LICO and i have enough bank balance to show for financial support to my parents.
Me and my wife both are having full time job.
Can I apply for supervisa for them? Is there any restriction by cic to apply visitor Visa then supervisa. Or I can directly apply super Visa for my parents.
If I can apply directly super Visa for my parents then how much bank balance and income required from my parents side.
I can show my income which is more than LICO.
But how much income my parents need to show?
Is CIC require any reason for super Visa?
Pls advise in this regard.

Thanks
Can anyone answer to my question. I will be thankful to the.

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
Yes, they will refuse your application if you do not complete the biometrics within 30-days of request. Best to arrange travels prior to applying if you have constraints.

Thank you so much for the information. We will make sure we complete it in the next couple of days then!!!

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
can anyone please post their parents experiences at the port of entry with the supervisa. My parents are coming soon and will be arriving via pearson. Im worried about what number of days they should put on the landing form. If they put 2 years and ask for 2 years entry will the border officer ask more questions and potentially reject their entry. Would it be better not to ask for two years entry but ive heard sometimes the borer officer can decide to limit their entry to less than two years at their discretion.

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
@Bryanna

Hope you are doing great. I have some update on my parent's super visa application.

My Mom received passport request yesterday but my Dad's status remains "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam"

Is there anything to worry about or is there any steps I may take?

Thanks for your help

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
My parents both received PPR at the same time for their Super Visa. Give it a few days and if nothing, then send a web forum to the Visa Office asking for an update.
Hi

Could you please confirm if your dad received the Visa even the medical status was showing like "Under review"?

My mom received PPR yesterday but dad's application status is "we are reviewing the result of your medical exam"

Thanks

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, just share my parents' timeline with you..hope it helps..

Online submission: April 4
Biometrics request: April 6
Medical request: May 3
Medical passed: May 13
Biometrics acknowledge letter: May 23
Father's PPR: May 30
Mother's PPR: June 3

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Hi

Could you please confirm if your dad received the Visa even the medical status was showing like "Under review"?

My mom received PPR yesterday but dad's application status is "we are reviewing the result of your medical exam"

Thanks

My mother received her Passport back with PG-1 Visa. My father still has not received his passport even though we sent both in at the same time. Medical Results are still pending review.

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
My mother received her Passport back with PG-1 Visa. My father still has not received his passport even though we sent both in at the same time. Medical Results are still pending review.
Thanks for your reply. I am pretty much in the same boat..in fact, for my parent's case, it's 8 months since we applied. My mom received passport request yesterday and my Dad's medical is under review for last 2 months. He had to undergo 3 furtherance medical request. Did you try to connect with the visa office?

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Thanks for your reply. I am pretty much in the same boat..in fact, for my parent's case, it's 8 months since we applied. My mom received passport request yesterday and my Dad's medical is under review for last 2 months. He had to undergo 3 furtherance medical request. Did you try to connect with the visa office?

I did a webform and was told to contact the medical office for an update as the application cannot progress further without the results. My parents contacted the medical office and was advised that the test needed time and they cannot rush the process. We are on month 2 now and typically TB tests can take up to 3 months from my research for diagnosis.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
can anyone please post their parents experiences at the port of entry with the supervisa. My parents are coming soon and will be arriving via pearson. Im worried about what number of days they should put on the landing form. If they put 2 years and ask for 2 years entry will the border officer ask more questions and potentially reject their entry. Would it be better not to ask for two years entry but ive heard sometimes the borer officer can decide to limit their entry to less than two years at their discretion.
The officer asked my in laws "oh why don't I just give you three years then?" Luckily my father in law replied "no I cannot stay that long I need to go back to tend to my land". I think he was trying to phish for information to see if my father in law would want to stay longer. (this was at pearson)

Reactions: mle.87

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

Hope you are doing great. I have some update on my parent's super visa application.

My Mom received passport request yesterday but my Dad's status remains "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam"

Is there anything to worry about or is there any steps I may take?

Thanks for your help
Nothing to worry about. Processing times for applications for family members can vary. In the case of your dad, IRCC/panel physicians are reviewing his medicals as it required medical furtherance. His medicals could be a matter of concern considering the tests.

Do wait for a week or two before you send a web form for your dad's status (if the status for his medicals are not updated by then)

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Nothing to worry about. Processing times for applications for family members can vary. In the case of your dad, IRCC/panel physicians are reviewing his medicals as it required medical furtherance. His medicals could be a matter of concern considering the tests.

Do wait for a week or two before you send a web form for your dad's status (if the status for his medicals are not updated by then)
Thank you so much. Will do accordingly!! I really appreciate your advise.

We are really loosing our patience as this is the 8th month since we applied. We complied with 3 furtherance medical request in 5 months after we applied and it's been the same status after the last report were sent.

Hopefully things will change positively this time. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again.

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
I did a webform and was told to contact the medical office for an update as the application cannot progress further without the results. My parents contacted the medical office and was advised that the test needed time and they cannot rush the process. We are on month 2 now and typically TB tests can take up to 3 months from my research for diagnosis.
Thanks for sharing.

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
My mother-in-law went to the VAC several hours ago. And on CIC application website, I see:

Biometrics:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: June 7, 2019
  • Expiry Date: June 7, 2029

This means the biometrics was completed and loaded on CIC site? Sorry for these simple questions but just want to confirm.

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited: