Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
If by any chance those tests were for TB then it would take at least 2-3 months after the initial tests for IRCC to confirm that the reports are clear. That could be one reason for the delay.

This is typically another reason why processing takes longer. There's nothing you can do to expedite these background checks
Hi Again

TB test was done in October 17, 2018 and the reports came after two months in January 2019. Those reports were sent. Is there any other thing you think may give us this experience?

Just FYI, the reply CIC sent to me and the status is the update of today.

I was thinking of sending a web form as they didn't update anything on the medical status and it passed 24+ weeks now since we applied.

Thought I should get your opinion before any further action.

Thanks for your advise.
SHSajib

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

Guess what? To rule out TB. They ordered Ultrasound of her chest because they saw abnormality in her regular chest X-ray result. She went there yesterday and the Pulmonologist confirm hearing an abnormal sound in her lungs.

I asked to have the Pulmonologist rule out TB but if its anything else, I ask him not to write in the e-medical. I hope he will listen.
@canuck78 would be able to advise about the reason for the abnormal sound in the lungs.

I don't think the sound in the lungs is because of TB, but maybe a heart issue. I'm just guessing.

BTW panel physicians won't 'write' what someone tells them to write. Even if they do, IRCC has an in-house team to review the reports

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
@Bryanna - I was reviewing our documentation and saw my mother + father in law's marriage certificate had a typo. My MIL's date of birth is off by 4 years on the cert. All other documentation has her dob correct. Is it worth it to write a simple letter stating her marriage certificate has a typo? Or can we let it go since everything else is correctly documented?

Another note, their marriage cert was reissued in 2008 due to the original being lost. Hence the reason for typo.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 would be able to advise about the reason for the abnormal sound in the lungs.

I don't think the sound in the lungs is because of TB, but maybe a heart issue. I'm just guessing.

BTW panel physicians won't 'write' what someone tells them to write. Even if they do, IRCC has an in-house team to review the reports
They were investigating an abnormality they saw on the x-ray with an ultrasound. They may decide to do a biopsy or further imagining if they are still concerned about the abnormality. Lungs sounds just means that your lungs are not operating perfectly. Can be due to an infection, previous damage to the lungs or a chronic condition like COPD. The whole point of the medical is for the panel physician to report their findings so you can't tell them not to write stuff. You'll have to wait for the results of the ultrasound. You also should ask about the lung sounds. For example an inhaler may be needed.

Reactions: Bryanna

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Hello everyone, IMM 5645E - Family Information form. We have my MIL listed as applicant, FIL as spouse and selected him as Yes to accompany MIL to Canada.

Section B - we listed my Wife (PR in Canada) and her brother and sister. Both her siblings are residing in native country and we selected No for them to accompany Parents to Canada. What about my wife? She is already here, do we select Yes?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone, IMM 5645E - Family Information form. We have my MIL listed as applicant, FIL as spouse and selected him as Yes to accompany MIL to Canada.

Section B - we listed my Wife (PR in Canada) and her brother and sister. Both her siblings are residing in native country and we selected No for them to accompany Parents to Canada. What about my wife? She is already here, do we select Yes?
Do go through IMM 5256 Instruction Guide for filling the forms

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018

Yes, I agree with you about panel MD not listening to ppl. Thank you for relaying my case to canuck78. Greatly appreciated! Whether my granny receive the visa or not, at least we are figuring out her pulmonary health status. I am happy about that. Thank you for your expertise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, I agree with you about panel MD not listening to ppl. Thank you for relaying my case to canuck78. Greatly appreciated! Whether my granny receive the visa or not, at least we are figuring out her pulmonary health status. I am happy about that. Thank you for your expertise.
My best wishes that your grandmom is in the best of health (her medical reports should be negative for whatever the panel physicians are investigating).... and, I hope she gets the super visa

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
They were investigating an abnormality they saw on the x-ray with an ultrasound. They may decide to do a biopsy or further imagining if they are still concerned about the abnormality. Lungs sounds just means that your lungs are not operating perfectly. Can be due to an infection, previous damage to the lungs or a chronic condition like COPD. The whole point of the medical is for the panel physician to report their findings so you can't tell them not to write stuff. You'll have to wait for the results of the ultrasound. You also should ask about the lung sounds. For example an inhaler may be needed.
Absolutely, an inhaler maybe needed. She had TB in 1970s, there must be scars from it. The radiologist confirmed her ultrasound was clear but who knows what the pulmonologist will see. Like u said, we are waiting for the new x-ray and ultrasound result. If they wants a biopsy, that might take forever.Nonetheless, I am truly grateful of your expertise.

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
My best wishes that your grandmom is in the best of health (her medical reports should be negative for whatever the panel physicians are investigating).... and, I hope she gets the super visa
Well Bryanna, Idk if you are getting paid or not for this forum, but you have helped hundreds of people, or even more...you have shared your knowledge to people like me who desperately need guidance...I wish i knew about this forum before i would have done things very differently with the applications...anyhow, the kind words coming from you means so much to me because you are immersed in mountains of good merit, esp. due to the blessings from families you have united. I have a very good feeling now about my grandma, whatever the situation maybe i am not giving up. Thank you for your wholesome presence here!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well Bryanna, Idk if you are getting paid or not for this forum, but you have helped hundreds of people, or even more...you have shared your knowledge to people like me who desperately need guidance...I wish i knew about this forum before i would have done things very differently with the applications...anyhow, the kind words coming from you means so much to me because you are immersed in mountains of good merit, esp. due to the blessings from families you have united. I have a very good feeling now about my grandma, whatever the situation maybe i am not giving up. Thank you for your wholesome presence here!
Thanks so much for your generous words of kindness. I try to help anyone I can in whatever little way that's possible. And, maybe the good karma will come back :) And, no I'm not paid to advise people LOL

The relationships between grandparents and their grandchildren is truly special and heartwarming. You have worked very hard to bring your grandmom to Canada. It shows how close and deep your relationship is with her. I truly hope and pray that you and your family are reunited with your grandmom soon.

And, don't allow these medical tests to quite literally test your faith. When you truly want something, the Universe will conspire to make it happen :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna - I was reviewing our documentation and saw my mother + father in law's marriage certificate had a typo. My MIL's date of birth is off by 4 years on the cert. All other documentation has her dob correct. Is it worth it to write a simple letter stating her marriage certificate has a typo? Or can we let it go since everything else is correctly documented?

Another note, their marriage cert was reissued in 2008 due to the original being lost. Hence the reason for typo.
Four years is quite a bit. You can include the explanation + your MIL's passport will be considered as her correct DOB.

You must include the birth certificate of your wife that states her parents' names (this is the important document).

Do keep in mind that all documents must be in English or translated into English by a certified translator

Reactions: mle.87

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Four years is quite a bit. You can include the explanation + your MIL's passport will be considered as her correct DOB.

You must include the birth certificate of your wife that states her parents' names (this is the important document).

Do keep in mind that all documents must be in English or translated into English by a certified translator

Thank you Bryanna, I checked all her other documents and they are listed with the correct dob. Not sure how this one passed with the 4 year differential. We do have my wife's birth cert that includes her parents names and all documents notarized in english. :)

Does my letter of explanation need to be signed? I was hoping I could just type one up on Word and upload it right away.

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Wow.. such kind words. Absolutely true for @Bryanna