+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Uhhh ok .Bythe way do you have any rough idea how long it usually takes to get results of the sputum test?
If the results are positive (hopefully, it won't be the case) then I think it would be about two months to repeat the tests after taking a course of medicines. Do check this forum. There were some cases like this

Reactions: ms shabbir

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi, could someone help me understand where the delay is happening in my mother-in-law's super visa application?

Application submitted online: 12th Jan 2019
Request letter to pay Biometric fees: 15th Jan 2019
Biometric fees paid: 15th Jan 2019
Request for Biometric collection: 17th Jan 2019
Biometric given: 24th Jan 2019
Biometric info updated in online application: 24th Jan 2019
Medical done: Upfront (medical was done in June 2018 when she applied for her Visitor visa)

The status has been the same ever since:
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also got info that the visa is being processed at New Delhi, India office.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, could someone help me understand where the delay is happening in my mother-in-law's super visa application?

Application submitted online: 12th Jan 2019
Request letter to pay Biometric fees: 15th Jan 2019
Biometric fees paid: 15th Jan 2019
Request for Biometric collection: 17th Jan 2019
Biometric given: 24th Jan 2019
Biometric info updated in online application: 24th Jan 2019
Medical done: Upfront (medical was done in June 2018 when she applied for her Visitor visa)

The status has been the same ever since:
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also got info that the visa is being processed at New Delhi, India office.
Additional documents + Background checks

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Will it be a problem if you pre-pay for the application and biometrics fee? Or does one need to wait for the "request" before payment.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
There was no additional document requested other than biometric payment receipt.
It says 'Review of additional document' the status update. Did you send any additional documents or additional information (without IRCC requesting it)?

Does a background check take a month, considering they had checked her background in June 2018?
It won't help to guess how long background checks can take.... several weeks or months.

Any idea why your mom's previous application too went through background checks? It's unusual for background checks to be done for India applicants

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Will it be a problem if you pre-pay for the application and biometrics fee? Or does one need to wait for the "request" before payment.
Are you paying for someone else? You can pay online, print off the receipt, and the applicant must include the receipt when s/he applies as a paper application (only)

Reactions: neochanges1

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Are you paying for someone else? You can pay online, print off the receipt, and the applicant must include the receipt when s/he applies as a paper application (only)
Here's the situation, I applied supervisa for my father-in-law and we did upfront medical. He was requested to do sputum test which he passed and would have to do another Xray on April 30.

We also applied online and I don't see an option here to upload the receipt that's why I'm wondering if we're better of requesting a refund for our pre-payment and wait for their instruction to pay the fee.

Thanks @Bryanna

ms shabbir

Jan 11, 2013
Here's the situation, I applied supervisa for my father-in-law and we did upfront medical. He was requested to do sputum test which he passed and would have to do another Xray on April 30.

We also applied online and I don't see an option here to upload the receipt that's why I'm wondering if we're better of requesting a refund for our pre-payment and wait for their instruction to pay the fee.

Thanks @Bryanna
Would u mind me asking how long it takes for the sputum result to get passed?? My mom also got upfront medical and sputum test

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Thanks @Bryanna
As he has already applied, he/you won't get a refund. You could email the scanned receipt to the visa office + request for the Biometrics Instruction Letter (or else request for the BIL to be issued later after the second x-ray is done).

BTW did he apply for a super visa when he still had a valid TRV? Did he give his biometrics for the previous visa application? If yes, when?

Reactions: neochanges1

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Would u mind me asking how long it takes for the sputum result to get passed?? My mom also got upfront medical and sputum test
I'm gonna say it took about 2 weeks after 3 sputum tests then is scheduled for another Xray on the 30th of April.

As he has already applied, he/you won't get a refund. You could email the scanned receipt to the visa office + request for the Biometrics Instruction Letter (or else request for the BIL to be issued later after the second x-ray is done).

BTW did he apply for a super visa when he still had a valid TRV? Did he give his biometrics for the previous visa application? If yes, when?
No, he currently resides outside of Canada and we haven't submitted his application yet cause of the issue of his medical. Would you suggest for us to submit it now even though he was told that he needed to do another Xray on the 30th of April?

Reactions: ms shabbir

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No, he currently resides outside of Canada and we haven't submitted his application yet cause of the issue of his medical.
In that case, you can request IRCC to refund the visa fees + the biometric fees.

Would you suggest for us to submit it now even though he was told that he needed to do another Xray on the 30th of April?
I feel would be best to wait until end-April/early May. In any case, even if he applies now, he won't get a decision or processing might not even start until he passes the medical tests

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
In that case, you can request IRCC to refund the visa fees + the biometric fees.

I feel would be best to wait until end-April/early May. In any case, even if he applies now, he won't get a decision or processing might not even start until he passes the medical tests
That's what I'll do.

Thanks!

Rumbi

Mar 22, 2017
Any January 2019 super visa applicants still waiting? My parents passed their medicals, still waiting for final decision. Review of additional documents says: We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. It has been like that for days now but we haven't received any requests for additional documents yet. Is this normal? @Bryanna and other experts.