+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV application from USA taking way too long

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
So, as I'm preparing to send it to Ottawa, I found their instructions here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

However, the label has a shipping date. How am I supposed to know the date? For example say I send on Monday, expected to reach them on Wednesday. What is the shipment date to choose for the return label? They obviously don't stamp in just 2 days but have to make it an excruciating wait..

If I pick a shipment date and they take forever, will the FedEx label be still usable?

What they say is not very useful either:
"" Select “SHIP DATE”: If not today or tomorrow (further in the future) ""

@bellaluna @Bryanna , Thanks for your help in advance :)
Yeah, about 2-3 business days should be safe.

Junash

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

My father in law has applied TRV online from USA on 28 August 2018. He is currently on visitor visa status in USA and will depart home country in 2nd week of October. Howveryit is almost 12 days and no update on application. He don’t need biometrics has he has provided in the past but I was wondering normal processing time is 10 days and still no update anyone can shed light why so such delay?

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Biometrics are the only painless part in the process -- probably because it's done by Americans, not Canadians lol

There's no way to tell. I do not think there posted times are accurate at all. After the approval & passport request letter they're suddenly responding to all my enquiries, 1-2 months later, which to me sounds like they really are taking 2 months without even getting to look at applications.

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Been over a week and the passport isn't even shipping yet. Is this normal? They have even the stupid commercial invoice they asked for with the shipping label.

Seriously what's so hard about stamping a passport?

Justin2

Sep 14, 2018
I personally couldn't care less for Canada. The only reason I'm applying is that my wife's family is there. It's insane that customers should enter such

Thank you Scylla.

I guess this inefficiency is inevitable with the complete indemnity and absolute lack of transparency that IRCC have (as far as I know at least - do they have metrics or does anyone at all get in trouble for not doing their work?)

The US for comparison, give you the decision on the spot, no indefinite waiting like this.
I completely agree with you on this. This is just terrible structure of Canada for processing visiting visas. I have been to the U.S. couple times, but it ain't like this. I have been waiting for Canada TRV for last 2 months but there is no update from them. Now I know, why the United States is greatest country on earth.

Junash

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I need urgent response.
Iam shocked and confused that after almost one month my father in law got medical request. He have applied for TRV and currently is in USA on visitor visa. I read on website medical is generally not required on TRV for six months and less. Can anyone tell me what to do