+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV application from USA taking way too long

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
That makes sense. In that case the delays are likely being caused by the countries Canada is trying to get information from. Unfortunately countries in some parts of the world are slow to react to information requests of this nature. Good luck - hope you have an answer soon.
Thank you :)

Yeah my native country I'm sure can be incredibly inefficient.
We'll see how long it takes. Good thing I pulled all my money out of Canada while my previous visa was valid (and the rate wasn't as bad as today, hehe)

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bellaluna, you're spot on!
I checked and you're right. I never noticed it before, but it indeed says we are doing background checks. Wow.[/QUOTE
Does your status show we are checking your elegibility as well and your application is in progress or just we are doing background checks?
Spouse's status says they're doing all at the same time. And it's been this way since submission.

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
I believe "we are checking eligibility" is just the default, like this is how it starts.
I just have these. Everything else says not needed etc, will tell you if this changes.

I actually got a reply to my very first prod, which was back when it was "only" 1 month (we're over 1.5 now) saying they're doing additional verifications and that the time is outside their processing time.

I thought of sending them additional documents to establish that I'm here (loans, etc)...but I think the damage is done anyway...plus they never asked for such stuff (employment has generally been more than enough...even for the Europeans, anal as they are)

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe "we are checking eligibility" is just the default, like this is how it starts.
I just have these. Everything else says not needed etc, will tell you if this changes.

I actually got a reply to my very first prod, which was back when it was "only" 1 month (we're over 1.5 now) saying they're doing additional verifications and that the time is outside their processing time.

I thought of sending them additional documents to establish that I'm here (loans, etc)...but I think the damage is done anyway...plus they never asked for such stuff (employment has generally been more than enough...even for the Europeans, anal as they are)
It seems Bellaluna is right. Background checks are taking for ever. I'm started to think that you and my spouse hail from the same country ....lol...

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Haha, for his sake and yours, I hope not!...Mine is one of the least efficient & most vicious governments on the planet.
Although, quite stupid on IRCC's part, because I cannot think of anyone who's more of an open book (due to history and frequent contact with Canada & US visa authorities)...

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha, for his sake and yours, I hope not!...Mine is one of the least efficient & most vicious governments on the planet.
Although, quite stupid on IRCC's part, because I cannot think of anyone who's more of an open book (due to history and frequent contact with Canada & US visa authorities)...
Now I'm quite sure. It's the least efficient government specially now. Sadly it's one of the most beautiful countries.
We've been visiting Canada for ever. Living and working in the US.

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Hahaha, if you speak Spanish like I'm guessing, then my country is much worse than yours hehe.

If you guys are in the US, why do you even care about Canada?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hahaha, if you speak Spanish like I'm guessing, then my country is much worse than yours hehe.

If you guys are in the US, why do you even care about Canada?
I do speak Spanish but I'm not Spanish.....not even Latin. Most people in my country speak 3, 4 languages....
My family moved to Canada a while ago. We go visit very often.

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
I do speak Spanish but I'm not Spanish.....not even Latin. Most people in my country speak 3, 4 languages....
My family moved to Canada a while ago. We go visit very often.
Aaaah I see...so like me..visiting family...it's the only reason I ever go now. As far as I'm concerned, they could keep their precious dirt to themselves for all I care.

Wow 3-4 languages...I'm stumped then hehe. This sounds like a European country but then you wouldn't be lurking on this forum with us mortals who need visas if that were the case hehe

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aaaah I see...so like me..visiting family...it's the only reason I ever go now. As far as I'm concerned, they could keep their precious dirt to themselves for all I care.

Wow 3-4 languages...I'm stumped then hehe. This sounds like a European country but then you wouldn't be lurking on this forum with us mortals who need visas if that were the case hehe
NOT a European country!

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Alrighty! Don't splurge it out then as that would probably expose your identity....Region is enough, I'll only say that damn, I'm pretty sure it's a country I'd be very interested in visiting!

Nope, just the same old "we're doing background checks". I gave up and we changed our plans to not need me in Canada....though we have plans in the medium term, so let's hope they're smart enough to give it for at least a year.

This is were I love America, they just give many years regardless, making their & everyone's lives easier.