+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
So you can't take it online out of Canada ? Does the invite say so ?
It clearly says so on the IRCC website .

Fo to the website and look up under the section on. “ who must take the test “

That’s actually part of the 3-4 prerequisites they seem to state under that section .

negarina

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Please use this sheet if you receive online test invite.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yBH5ufXJcqqj7Cujbr_wLMaUXvXCVotdvoJMwhojzFw/edit?fbclid=IwAR2qz0sG8457wEWv9n1vFkQAM2XrOXFvlwO64Dw79WgutJRHoulc5CQMB0E#gid=0

From FB by a member:
I don't see any test invites in the tracking sheet yet ,
Please keep an eye on this sheet and try to fill it whenever you get updates. Just know this sheet can be seen by everybody. It is meant to help understand the overall scenario with testing and virtual oaths right now.
Also , it is a shareable link so you can also repost and share it with people in comments whenever they update about file movement. This will help to capture the most current data.
Its scary to see the amount of 2019 and even some 2018 applicants here

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
It clearly says so on the IRCC website .

Fo to the website and look up under the section on. “ who must take the test “

That’s actually part of the 3-4 prerequisites they seem to state under that section .
If we invited you for an online test, you

have 21 days from the date in the invitation to take the test
If you need an extension, email the office that sent you the test invitation with your explanation.
Our officers give extensions on a case-by-case basis.
must be in Canada to take the test. (WOW)
can wait until the in-person tests resume (date to be determined) if you can’t or don’t want to do the online test

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
If we invited you for an online test, you

have 21 days from the date in the invitation to take the test
If you need an extension, email the office that sent you the test invitation with your explanation.
Our officers give extensions on a case-by-case basis.
must be in Canada to take the test. (WOW)
can wait until the in-person tests resume (date to be determined) if you can’t or don’t want to do the online test
I think the same rule applies on the online oath too ..

Regardless of wether you have a stable network connection wherever you might be , they still require you to be “ Xooming” from within Canda .. lol

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
I applied in September 2019 and also waiting for the online test invite. Yesterday we received emails from the IRCC saying we did not forget about you, this is normal, wait. Is this a good sign that i will get the test invite? Has anyone else got similar email?
Wait in the line I applied in May 2019 no invite yet u should receive invite after 6-8 months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Look, from what I can see so far, it's too soon to describe what is the criteria used to call for the test. Under my point of view, they can use two criterias: 1) starting from the oldest, to all the people who was ready to take the test by order. In my case, I should be one of the first ones to be called because my test was schedule for March 17th and it was cancelled on March 14th; really a shame, but it is what it is... This has some advantages, it seems to be the more "fair: criteria but there were two or three weeks of tests cancelled from what I know, so what after that???. Other issue with this criteria is some local offices are way faster than others, and that can potentially affect the process of the people of Toronto for example, and why you should be waiting if the only testing is national...doesn't make sense.
The second criteria could be to start calling the oldest processes by AOR, we all know that many offices have longer waiting times than others; this can be look as fair as well, to some that processes since march last year, but it definitely not good, if your process was pending some documentation, fingerprints or whatever and it was only completed during the pandemic (there were other people with their processes completed before)...

So anyways, too soon to tell. My guts are telling me that they will start calling by AOR dates. this is the same criteria used in some similar processes...in which case i should wait a couple of months to be called for my test...We'll see.

To all the people that is trying to cheat the system and take the test outside of Canada, let me tell you something...DON'T...I am going to give the moral reasons and the punible reasons: In first place, if you are planning to be a canadian citizenship is because you like this country, and you also believe in the commitment with the respect of the law, order and values. What you are thinking of doing is basically breaking the law, you are commiting fraud to a federal process. Just by thinking on doing that, show no respect for the law and values of this country and all of the rest of the permanent residents like us, that we really praise this country. second of all, and this was mentioned before, if somehow the fraud is exposed. You will lose your citizenship, very likely your PR and you will be deported to your country (maybe even some time in jail). maybe with a good lawyer you can solve a lot of these charges against but my two cents are, even if it wasn't morally and ethically wrong, it's not worth the risk either.

"unrestricted respect for the life project of others "
Would add that is there is a large amount of fraud or attempted fraud then there is a good chance that online testing will be reconsidered.

Reactions: BOYX

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hi everyone, got online test invite today and have 21 days to complete the test (Dec 1st - 21st). It is a great news and I appreciate it, but THE PROBLEM is I'm still in Alaska with my partner now, and I was not planning to go back to Canada till June 2021. Not sure what I should do now.
I could 1). go back to Canada in a rush and complete the online test. However I'd have to wait until I finally get the Canadian passport to be able to see my partner in US again, no idea how long it gonna take. I also don't have a place to live in Canada at this moment. (my partner is not Canadian so he can't come with me).
2). give up on this online test and wait until in-person test resumes. However no idea when that will be either :( Still have to fly back to Canada on short notice when that happens.
Any suggestions or insights on what's a better option? I really appreciate it!
Wondering did you try opening the link for test while in The States, is it blocked?

Also, is it possible to share an image of the email or letter here by redacting personal information?

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
Says who?
Wondering did you try opening the link for test while in The States, is it blocked?

Also, is it possible to share an image of the email or letter here by redacting personal information?
Government sites are usually not accessible from outside Canada ,without a VPN

That said , I recall seeing an option on the IRCC site for outside Canada access , but obviously for other types of applications.

I doubt if u would want to risk it and use a VPN for something this important ,

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Would add that is there is a large amount of fraud or attempted fraud then there is a good chance that online testing will be reconsidered.
Yeah yeah, of course ... A fraction of a suspicion will fix your affairs... This should get you some rejoicing and jubilation, i suppose.

... It is the perfect excuse to delay the process and prevent people from becoming citizens ... This blockage will last long enough until O'toole comes to power ... And reshipping us to all our envelopes, and changing the law retroactively ...

And there, you will take out the champagne to celebrate, right? ... Tssss ... You always have to come and add your "pinch of salt".

... More seriously, and irony aside ... So you say, because you presume that a certain tiny fraction of people will cheat on the exam (an exam which, let's remember, very, very few people fail, even before covid period), so because of suspicion from a fraction of dishonest people ... You want to break the dreams of hundreds of thousands of honest people and taxpayers to become Canadian, and also you want to expand the backlog indefinitely, that's right, @canuck78 ??

I would have immensely more respect for you if you were brave enough to speak your mind ... and to say that for ideological reasons you want the process of citizenship to be stopped entirely ... Or so immensely complicated, at point that it becomes almost impossible ...

It is exactly to counter the retrograde ideology of voters like you that we need to put more pressure, without stopping ... Anuller the demonstration of Ottawa was the biggest mistake of the lead of peassure lobby group ...

I will make pressure for him to restart the movement this January, after Christmas ...

Let me tell you very frankly, @canuck78 ... Your ideological current scares me ... If you take power, I might have to wait 10 years or more before I become a citizen ... Scary.

Last edited:

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
I think you meant "Would add that if there is a..." or was it a freudian slip? Accusations and suppositions without evidence that assume that law-abiding PRs would try to break the law in large numbers are uncalled for. It suggests that you probably have a bias. Perhaps you can take this test https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/user/agg/blindspot/indexrk.htm to determine if you do. That would be evidence.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Let's extend this punish everyone for the actions of a few, shall we?

If some medical students cheat on their exam, let's stop education all together. Who needs doctors?

For example, if there are a lot of citizens of convenience, let's simply start worldwide taxation for all Canadians regardless of where they live.

If there are a few anti maskers (we all know which side of politics they are on), let's impose nationwide curfews.

If there is 1 shooting incident, confiscate all guns.

Guilt by association is a wonderful thing, eh?

Last edited:

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
I think you meant "Would add that if there is a..." or was it a freudian slip? Accusations and suppositions without evidence that assume that law-abiding PRs would try to break the law in large numbers are uncalled for. It suggests that you probably have a bias. Perhaps you can take this test https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/user/agg/blindspot/indexrk.htm to determine if you do. That would be evidence.
Let's analyze his statement. He says "if there is evidence of fraud or attempted fraud"/

What would be the nature of such evidence? Will it not be known exactly who is doing this fraud at an individual level? Under no circumstance can I imagine that there will be evidence of fraud without knowing exactly which candidate(s) were involved in the fraud.

So, if we know exactly who did it, why not simply limit the punishment to that person?

Why cancel the whole system?

This canuck78 user is the kind of person who wants to shut down all immigration because every year, some people try to defraud it.