Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
When online oath happened for the first person(for that doctor/scientist), one group of people here talked about like its against the law, issues in executing hence impossibility, cheating possibilities, entirely discouraging statements etc and this group was sure that online oath wont be brought to practice.

When new applicants were calling for online test, same group was talking about the same above points.

Now we have online test and after that too they talk the same above points to essentially want these go away which is not a surprise (for me at least). This group is just happy only to see the same procedure that was held for long and want no other alternate even if cic cant/wont conduct in-person tests/oaths during pandemic.

And for that group's surprise, online test too will continue just like online oath.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
When online oath happened for the first person(for that doctor/scientist), one group of people here talked about like its against the law, issues in executing hence impossibility, cheating possibilities, entirely discouraging statements etc and this group was sure that online oath wont be brought to practice.

When new applicants were calling for online test, same group was talking about the same above points.

Now we have online test and after that too they talk the same above points to essentially want these go away which is not a surprise (for me at least). This group is just happy only to see the same procedure that was held for long and want no other alternate even if cic cant/wont conduct in-person tests/oaths during pandemic.

And for that group's surprise, online test too will continue just like online oath.
My opinion is the following:

The motivation of the people you're talking about is certainly not the integrity of the tests or the immigration system in general ... Absolutely not, it's just a pretext.

Their real motivations are ideological. For me it is absolutely clear and without any gray area.

If tomorrow a conservative majority O'toole government changes the citizenship law retroactively (to make the process more difficult), and cancels and then returns our requests, the same people mentioned above will be happy, and find that quite normal. (I remind everyone that it is very likely, in the event of an early election this spring, if the Trudeau minority government does not pass the confidence vote test linked to the filing of the new finance law).

We must therefore maintain the balance of power and pressure, and maintain active lobbying all the time, always .... As the spousal sponsors did before us. (And still do, even after their claims have been accepted!).

Without this necessary effort on our part, the Conservatives and their supporters will destroy us. Without mercy.

The rights of newcomers will shrink like sorrows ... And the more the immigrants are silent, the more hate speech and xenophobia will grow and take power, more and more ... ('' Why are you complaining? ... Do you feel happy to be here? ... You are not a priority, Canadians first !, Go back to your country! '', Etc, etc ...)

, Piotr.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenLinus6

defintelyguru

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
Its scary to see the amount of 2019 and even some 2018 applicants here
I am one of the 2018 applicants...
And I'm kind of pissed that some applicants from late 2019 are getting their invite BEFORE me.
How's that fair? How hard is it to just use the AOR date to send invites?

Just sent another webform asking for status...

(Sorry for the rant... but it's been a looooong time waiting)

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
I am one of the 2018 applicants...
And I'm kind of pissed that some applicants from late 2019 are getting their invite BEFORE me.
How's that fair? How hard is it to just use the AOR date to send invites?

Just sent another webform asking for status...

(Sorry for the rant... but it's been a looooong time waiting)
Which citizenship processing office is working on your application?

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Which citizenship processing office is working on your application?
seems to me that certain cities take way longer to process applications as the no. of applicants there are comparatively high! wondering if there is a list or reference data somewhere that helps us understand this better

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Thank you. I didn't think about driving as I thought the land border is closed. And I'm not working here either, just visiting my partner.
I should have clarified I can still fly back to US after taking the test, but I just thought it makes much more sense to wait in Canada until I complete the entire process and get the new passport, instead of flying back and forth for the oath ceremony, passport, etc.
Hi,
It would be great if you can give us some update about the test.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I read the book twice and used the Alpaca app to practice questions (I bought the full version but it's not worth it).

Read the book a couple of times, practice a few questions and you'll be fine.

Hello,

First of all, congratulations on the result of your test, it is true that it is easy, and I often have scores in 17/20 and 20/20 myself when I pass simulations ... Without even having specially read the book a lot. The only errors can occur in historical dates, and again, sometimes we can go by deduction and logic. A good general culture is enough.

(You can practice in this website, which is very well done: It is not an official site, but it is the site of a serious organization benefiting from the direct funding of IRCC CIC:

http://www.citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz)

I have a question, if you allow, @raphaeldpm

Do you like the group of people (The press speaks of a number of 5000 people) who saw their test scheduled in person, then canceled because of this covid calamity? Right?

If so, please remember when your in-person test was first tested before it was canceled the first time? Thank you very much.

I suspect they are sending out the 5,000 invitations in small groups, gradually in order of cancellation. My in-person test was canceled too, I want to get some idea. Thank you very much once again!

, Piotr.

Reactions: itwillbegood