+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
By the way, it took them more than 8 months. The minister said himself before in an interview that they were coincidentally already working on it.
Well, I still salute them; apparently they must have fast-tracked whatever the project was - something like this normally takes an amount of time to implement that's proportional to the size of the organization and bureaucratic overhead. I'm still well impressed with them even mentioning that it was available - they could have totally tried to stealth roll it out (Wouldn't have worked; forums like this would have exploded with the news), but they're owning it, so hats off to them.

crystalchang

May 22, 2019
I wonder why you say that you cant get back to US. Are you not having valid I94 which you can use it for reentering US even if you dont have valid visa?
Cant you hit nearby land border of Canada and attend the test and drive back?
If you are working there then you can get back to US without any problem as i do cross the border once in few weeks. No issues.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html
https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1218?language=en_US
Thank you. I didn't think about driving as I thought the land border is closed. And I'm not working here either, just visiting my partner.
I should have clarified I can still fly back to US after taking the test, but I just thought it makes much more sense to wait in Canada until I complete the entire process and get the new passport, instead of flying back and forth for the oath ceremony, passport, etc.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Real respect to citizenship(/any country where we are not even citizen) is all about not being a traitor, not evading taxes, not working against the govt/people.
Having citizenship and doing any of the above is not the way of respecting the country and certainly changing the flag doesnt really mean anything.

Last edited:

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Real respect to citizenship(/any country where we are not even citizen) is all about not being a traitor, not evading taxes, not working against the govt/people.
Having citizenship and doing any of the above is not the way of respecting the country and certainly changing the flag doesnt really mean anything.
Exactly. I got my British and most likely Canadian citizenship based on my highly skilled immigration category. I did highly skilled engineering jobs and paid huge taxes to the UK and Canada and never indulged in anything wrong. I never forget my country of origin where I studied and made me a skillful person.
Unfortunately some people come to western countries as a refugees, blame their home country to secure asylum status and enjoy all the social benefits from tax payers money without contributing to the economy.

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
Can someone eplain the logic behind sending invites to applicants who never had a date cancelled yet there are some who had a test date that was cancelled days before the sitting because of the pandemic , and still waiting to be rescheduled.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Can someone eplain the logic behind sending invites to applicants who never had a date cancelled yet there are some who had a test date that was cancelled days before the sitting because of the pandemic , and still waiting to be rescheduled.
Well I am March 2019 applicant and there were ppl who applied after me, got the citizenship and casted their votes in the elections last year. I still have to receive a test invite. Not everything is fair and square in this world but no complaints here.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Please use this sheet if you receive online test invite.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yBH5ufXJcqqj7Cujbr_wLMaUXvXCVotdvoJMwhojzFw/edit?fbclid=IwAR2qz0sG8457wEWv9n1vFkQAM2XrOXFvlwO64Dw79WgutJRHoulc5CQMB0E#gid=0

From FB by a member:
I don't see any test invites in the tracking sheet yet ,
Please keep an eye on this sheet and try to fill it whenever you get updates. Just know this sheet can be seen by everybody. It is meant to help understand the overall scenario with testing and virtual oaths right now.
Also , it is a shareable link so you can also repost and share it with people in comments whenever they update about file movement. This will help to capture the most current data.

Kyru

Jun 18, 2014
Please add me on the google sheet.

No. Of Applicant: 2
Place: Ottawa, Ontario
Application Submitted: January 13, 2020
AOR Recvd: March 9, 2020
In Process: September 3, 2020

NNN

Jul 4, 2015
I applied in September 2019 and also waiting for the online test invite. Yesterday we received emails from the IRCC saying we did not forget about you, this is normal, wait. Is this a good sign that i will get the test invite? Has anyone else got similar email?

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
I applied in September 2019 and also waiting for the online test invite. Yesterday we received emails from the IRCC saying we did not forget about you, this is normal, wait. Is this a good sign that i will get the test invite? Has anyone else got similar email?
This simply means that IRCC wants to tell you to wait until further instruction, sit back and relax and dont need to contact us for now.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
They still say that you need to bring some documents to the test, like notice to appear, your passports, transcripts ... etc, I wonder why and how they will check these documents online?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
They still say that you need to bring some documents to the test, like notice to appear, your passports, transcripts ... etc, I wonder why and how they will check these documents online?
The webpage is not fully updated. Seems they are scrambling to update online test detail in multiple places and not cleaned up yet. Also online test is just another option whereas the inperson test is still available(pending to resume). So we should be following the instructions based on the email as it varies based on inperson or online.

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Look, from what I can see so far, it's too soon to describe what is the criteria used to call for the test. Under my point of view, they can use two criterias: 1) starting from the oldest, to all the people who was ready to take the test by order. In my case, I should be one of the first ones to be called because my test was schedule for March 17th and it was cancelled on March 14th; really a shame, but it is what it is... This has some advantages, it seems to be the more "fair: criteria but there were two or three weeks of tests cancelled from what I know, so what after that???. Other issue with this criteria is some local offices are way faster than others, and that can potentially affect the process of the people of Toronto for example, and why you should be waiting if the only testing is national...doesn't make sense.
The second criteria could be to start calling the oldest processes by AOR, we all know that many offices have longer waiting times than others; this can be look as fair as well, to some that processes since march last year, but it definitely not good, if your process was pending some documentation, fingerprints or whatever and it was only completed during the pandemic (there were other people with their processes completed before)...

So anyways, too soon to tell. My guts are telling me that they will start calling by AOR dates. this is the same criteria used in some similar processes...in which case i should wait a couple of months to be called for my test...We'll see.

To all the people that is trying to cheat the system and take the test outside of Canada, let me tell you something...DON'T...I am going to give the moral reasons and the punible reasons: In first place, if you are planning to be a canadian citizenship is because you like this country, and you also believe in the commitment with the respect of the law, order and values. What you are thinking of doing is basically breaking the law, you are commiting fraud to a federal process. Just by thinking on doing that, show no respect for the law and values of this country and all of the rest of the permanent residents like us, that we really praise this country. second of all, and this was mentioned before, if somehow the fraud is exposed. You will lose your citizenship, very likely your PR and you will be deported to your country (maybe even some time in jail). maybe with a good lawyer you can solve a lot of these charges against but my two cents are, even if it wasn't morally and ethically wrong, it's not worth the risk either.

"unrestricted respect for the life project of others "

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
Government issued documents can be verified online. The same way they can verify your driver’s license and/ or national ID when taking any government sponsored test like Smart Serve. There must be some key security features that can be used to verify each government issued document through the camera .

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi everyone, got online test invite today and have 21 days to complete the test (Dec 1st - 21st). It is a great news and I appreciate it, but THE PROBLEM is I'm still in Alaska with my partner now, and I was not planning to go back to Canada till June 2021. Not sure what I should do now.
I could 1). go back to Canada in a rush and complete the online test. However I'd have to wait until I finally get the Canadian passport to be able to see my partner in US again, no idea how long it gonna take. I also don't have a place to live in Canada at this moment. (my partner is not Canadian so he can't come with me).
2). give up on this online test and wait until in-person test resumes. However no idea when that will be either :( Still have to fly back to Canada on short notice when that happens.
Any suggestions or insights on what's a better option? I really appreciate it!
So you can't take it online out of Canada ? Does the invite say so ?