Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I personally believe the vaccine is not going to solve this issue. IRCC's employees can say no or yes to the vaccine and the government can't force them to get vaccinated as they cannot force anyone else. In Alberta, the government is not supporting a mandatory vaccine for students.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3390399/alberta-government-not-supporting-mandatory-vaccinations-for-students/
People still have the freedom to choose.
I agree that its not mandatory to get vaccinated but its mandatory for a federal worker to do his job and if it requires to interact with other people which makes them take vaccine shot and if they dont then they should be quitting the job instead of giving excuses that they cant vaccinate and wont do the job. Someone else will be happily do the job.

Well, this argument is just we expect but nothing in practical will happen. great. we have online test, online interview, online oath but still they cant clear the files. Very nice. Seems there is no solution with a known example of not cleared the files waiting for oath in the last 5 months. They simply not working. They just have still excuses on easy use of 699 code(even that november memo is still loose as they can easily give reasons such as no one is available for caring parent/child, sickness etc). Not good.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I agree that its not mandatory to get vaccinated but its mandatory for a federal worker to do his job and if it requires to interact with other people which makes them take vaccine shot and if they dont then they should be quitting the job instead of giving excuses that they cant vaccinate and wont do the job. Someone else will be happily do the job.

Well, this argument is just we expect but nothing in practical will happen. great. we have online test, online interview, online oath but still they cant clear the files. Very nice. Seems there is no solution with a known example of not cleared the files waiting for oath in the last 5 months. They simply not working. They just have still excuses on easy use of 699 code(even that november memo is still loose as they can easily give reasons such as no one is available for caring parent/child, sickness etc). Not good.
I hear you bro what else can I say? I was responding to people who believe that vaccines will miraculously solve this blocage with IRCC. They can say NO to the vaccine and no one can force them to get one not even the government as they said NO to covid 19 guidelines helping to resume in-person service. Let just see how they will react.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Disaster scenario: They will refuse to stretch the litigation of the 699 code, save time and wait for the result of their legal challenge.

It will take months, and even years ...

Enough time for the next early elections.

O'toole's conservative party will win a majority. (The we charity scandal and other will help him with that).

Popular and conservative discourse and politics: Cut-off in “non-priority” services, rise of the “Canadians first” discourse.

Proposal of a law to considerably tighten the conditions for obtaining citizenship. The law will be retroactive of course.

All pending applicants will receive their envelopes with a refund of fees. And they will be invited to make another application when they have the requirements of the new criteria ... And also when the applications resume (No time limit will be provided, the formula "until further notice" will be announced.). In the meantime no request will be processed, and the online test pilot will be canceled for “cheating possibility” considerations.

The conservative bases will applaud. "Canadians first" this slogan will be repeated often.

... In short, we will have to wait for years and years, maybe more than 10 years.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Disaster scenario: They will refuse to stretch the litigation of the 699 code, save time and wait for the result of their legal challenge.

O'toole's conservative party will win a majority. (The we charity scandal and other will help him with that).

Popular and conservative discourse and politics: Cut-off in “non-priority” services, rise of the “Canadians first” discourse.

Proposal of a law to considerably tighten the conditions for obtaining citizenship. The law will be retroactive of course.

All pending applicants will receive their envelopes with a refund of fees. And they will be invited to make another application when they have the requirements of the new criteria ... And also when the applications resume (No time limit will be provided, the formula "until further notice" will be announced.). In the meantime no request will be processed, and the online test pilot will be canceled for “cheating possibility” considerations.

The conservative bases will applaud. "Canadians first" this slogan will be repeated often.

... In short, we will have to wait for years and years, maybe more than 10 years.
No restrictions on dreaming....

• Haha
Reactions: siddharthbala

sinou39

Nov 29, 2017

What are you smoking my friend? Also this stance that conservative=bad;liberal=good aggravates partisanship. You are not helping :)

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question. The IRCC website said the person who takes the online test must complete it in Canada. How can they know the applicant's locations, through IP address? What if the applicant take the test in other countries via a proxy sever?

When there is a rule saying that you needed to be in Canada to take the citizenship exam, why don't you just follow instead of finding loopholes?

KAS995

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
When there is a rule saying that you needed to be in Canada to take the citizenship exam, why don't you just follow instead of finding loopholes?
A friend of mine want to go back to China after submitting the application and I tried to persuade him. He has always been a "clever" guy so he thing there must be some methods to skip the rule. So just a discussion.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
A friend of mine want to go back to China after submitting the application and I tried to persuade him. He has always been a "clever" guy so he thing there must be some methods to skip the rule. So just a discussion.
So your friend may well find can use a VPN or some other method to try fooling IRCC and then later your friend gets found out that they were not in Canada when taking the test then putting their whole citizenship application in jeopardy. If your friend wants to be clever and take that risk is their decision maybe they will be lucky maybe not depends how much they want citizenship.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
There's no discussion to be had on a public forum over illegal actions, but for the sake of it : CBSA now collects both entries and exits to the country, end of story.
Your friend has a choice between staying a PR / becoming a citizen and losing his access to Canada. He better choose wisely. :rolleyes:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
So your friend may well find can use a VPN or some other method to try fooling IRCC and then later your friend gets found out that they were not in Canada when taking the test then putting their whole citizenship application in jeopardy. If your friend wants to be clever and take that risk is their decision maybe they will be lucky maybe not depends how much they want citizenship.
Also, we have to note that a citizenship gained with a misrepresentation can be removed anytime (even years after the oath), and the person considered to have never been a Canadian citizen at the first place. Lucky means they don't find out before the person dies, but even then, consequences would still apply to his family (say, a non Canadian citizen who transmitted the canadian citizenship to their kids born abroad, who find out they're illegally in Canada someday down the road...)

Reactions: itwillbegood

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
He's free to do what his intelligence leads him to think is the best way forward. Having said that, the consequences of those decisions go hand-in-hand. If, on the cusp of vaccines and mass vaccination plans being rolled out in most countries of the world, this 'friend' is willing to gamble the possibility of getting in trouble for the cost of plane tickets and accommodation, then that's on him.

There really isn't much to discuss on that front - roll the dice, pay the price.

Reactions: his*marty

raphaeldpm

Sep 2, 2013
Hello,

First of all, congratulations on the result of your test, it is true that it is easy, and I often have scores in 17/20 and 20/20 myself when I pass simulations ... Without even having specially read the book a lot. The only errors can occur in historical dates, and again, sometimes we can go by deduction and logic. A good general culture is enough.

(You can practice in this website, which is very well done: It is not an official site, but it is the site of a serious organization benefiting from the direct funding of IRCC CIC:

http://www.citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz)

I have a question, if you allow, @raphaeldpm

Do you like the group of people (The press speaks of a number of 5000 people) who saw their test scheduled in person, then canceled because of this covid calamity? Right?

If so, please remember when your in-person test was first tested before it was canceled the first time? Thank you very much.

I suspect they are sending out the 5,000 invitations in small groups, gradually in order of cancellation. My in-person test was canceled too, I want to get some idea. Thank you very much once again!

, Piotr.
Thank you!

I was never scheduled for a test before, this was my first test. I don't think the information that they're only scheduling cancelled tests is accurate, since I know of more people (including a friend who applied around the same time as I did) that were invited without having a test scheduled before.