+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

WhistlerHusky

Mar 11, 2019
A quick update: I just took the online test and I passed 20/20! :)
Congraturations~!

I wonder if there has been an update on your application status like below or you just got the invitation email.

4. We sent you a notice on February 29, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
<snip>

If so, please remember when your in-person test was first tested before it was canceled the first time? Thank you very much.

</snip>
(Acknowledging that you weren't asking me, but maybe puts some extra context around who's getting invites and who isn't)

My test was scheduled for March 25th, cancelled March 12th, no invites or updates as of yet. *crossing fingers*; I filed in Montreal.

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hi All
Can you please let me know that for which applicants they started the online test?
I am Feb 2020 applicants and I want to have some estimate about online test date.
Thanks

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Hi All
Can you please let me know that for which applicants they started the online test?
I am Feb 2020 applicants and I want to have some estimate about online test date.
Thanks
Hard to tell... There has been May, August and possibly October all that 2019. Impossible to vet that with the initial promise of IRCC saying that they would firstly deal with the invites cancelled back in March and urgent cases. From what I understand all of the invites here don't fall into either of those 2 categories. So it's been very sporadic and not logical to those outside the IRCC offices. I don't believe any of the 2020 applicants have got any invites unless they choose not to tell that here. You might get more luck checking the FB group (I'm not part of the modern social networks, so can't really tell you what's going on there).

Reactions: mafshinfar

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hard to tell... There has been May, August and possibly October all that 2019. Impossible to vet that with the initial promise of IRCC saying that they would firstly deal with the invites cancelled back in March and urgent cases. From what I understand all of the invites here don't fall into either of those 2 categories. So it's been very sporadic and not logical to those outside the IRCC offices. I don't believe any of the 2020 applicants have got any invites unless they choose not to tell that here. You might get more luck checking the FB group (I'm not part of the modern social networks, so can't really tell you what's going on there).
Thanks for your help

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
(Acknowledging that you weren't asking me, but maybe puts some extra context around who's getting invites and who isn't)

My test was scheduled for March 25th, cancelled March 12th, no invites or updates as of yet. *crossing fingers*; I filed in Montreal.
To add a data point, mine was scheduled for March 26th, cancelled March 16. It was soooo close :/

Reactions: chs

KAS995

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I have a question. The IRCC website said the person who takes the online test must complete it in Canada. How can they know the applicant's locations, through IP address? What if the applicant take the test in other countries via a proxy sever?

Reactions: itwillbegood

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
I have a question. The IRCC website said the person who takes the online test must complete it in Canada. How can they know the applicant's locations, through IP address? What if the applicant take the test in other countries via a proxy sever?
It would be evident when someone looks at Entry/Exit stamps on the passport or any other arrival/departure records.
Not worth the risk!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
ircc staff should be givin corona vaccine on priority.
But still they would argue that vaccine is not 100% protective hence they would still seek 699 code ;) even if we try to convince them that we will come to attend test/interview/oath after vaccination. :rolleyes:

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
ircc staff should be givin corona vaccine on priority.
I personally believe the vaccine is not going to solve this issue. IRCC's employees can say no or yes to the vaccine and the government can't force them to get vaccinated as they cannot force anyone else. In Alberta, the government is not supporting a mandatory vaccine for students.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3390399/alberta-government-not-supporting-mandatory-vaccinations-for-students/
People still have the freedom to choose.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
But still they would argue that vaccine is not 100% protective hence they would still seek 699 code ;) even if we try to convince them that we will come to attend test/interview/oath after vaccination. :rolleyes:
I would have liked it to be an irony ... But unfortunately it is the truth, human nature is made like this: Although the secretariat of the Treasury Board has forced them to return to work since last November 9 (By fixing limits and rules for using the 699 code to avoid abuse of public money), they have already started a legal challenge to "" preserve their right to the 699 code "...

I wouldn't be surprised if even when the vaccine becomes widely available, I wouldn't be surprised if they make such arguments, or even they might demand a more effective vaccine, and "safer" = They will demand more period of tests (Years or even decades) ... It is very common among unions to raise the `` auctions '' to the highest ... To extract the maximum benefits ... Except that in in this case, we are talking about public money, it is just unacceptable.

In short, they will gamble on time and try to make the most of the money of the honest taxpayers.