+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Applications from the US

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Seems that they have been a little bit slow recently.

Applied Oct. 10, still no response (no email, nothing on MyCIC). Anyone with a similar situation?
Or if you applied recently, please share your timelines ;)

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
Im in the same situation........ CANADIANS ARE GETTING SLOWER!!!! at first it will take a month to get everything done, or even same-day/2-day processing available!..., Now everything goes online and it'll take one month just to ask you to mail the passport..

Do you mind sharing your date once you've got the request for submitting your passport? Thanks !!

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Actually today I got my passport! :p

Timeline for online application:

Applied online: Oct 10
Passport request: Nov 5 (sent that same day to LA)
Passport received: Nov 9

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
scrls5 said:
Actually today I got my passport! :p

Timeline for online application:

Applied online: Oct 10
Passport request: Nov 5 (sent that same day to LA)
Passport received: Nov 9
Congrats!!! have no idea why LA is becoming so slow to put a stamp on your passport.it's over a month, which is unusual...because I believe LA is faster than NY... now you really gimme a question: where should i send my passport to??? lol

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
To be honest I've also read horror stories about the times for NY.
If you can, I would send it to LA, I've had now two relatively good return times with them.

Also important (just in case) for internet based applications: Make sure you write EAPP on the address, a lot of people just write the address and do not add "EAPP" when they fill out the postal form;

this is to let the Canadian Embassy know that this is an electronic application that has already been processed, otherwise there is the risk that they will assume it is a paper-based application and will put you on a queue. i've done it both times, good luck! and let me know if you have any other question ;)

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
thx scrls5!!! I read a lot of posts suggesting people write EAPP on mail address... though i don't find it on the official website, i'll definitely add that! still feeling uncertain about my visa...still waiting...

scrls5 said:
If you can, I would send it to LA, I've had now two relatively good return times with them.

Also important (just in case) for internet based applications: Make sure you write EAPP on the address, a lot of people just write the address and do not add "EAPP" when they fill out the postal form;

this is to let the Canadian Embassy know that this is an electronic application that has already been processed, otherwise there is the risk that they will assume it is a paper-based application and will put you on a queue. i've done it both times, good luck! and let me know if you have any other question ;)

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
By the way you found the LA consulate mail address on their official website?(there is one posted on their website for mail applicants) or the request for passport letter indicates the exact address you should send it to>?? Thanks!

scrls5 said:

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
anburaj1985 said:
Could be please tell me what is EAPP.
When you apply online and the visa office requests your passport to put a stamp on it, they request to have EAPP written on the address in the envelope; I believe it stands for Electronic APPlication and is a way for them to know that this was already processed online and just needs to have the stamp placed on the passport (you need to send a copy of a letter they email to you in the same package you send your passport)

anburaj1985

Nov 25, 2013
Thank you for your detailed explanation. I applied on Nov 19th online.. Don't know when to expect the passport request.
I have travel plans for Christmas.

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
anburaj1985 said:
Thank you for your detailed explanation. I applied on Nov 19th online.. Don't know when to expect the passport request.
I have travel plans for Christmas.
I applied on Nov 4.. still no notification... i'm in the same boat..having plans for christmas!!

Im becoming worried..!!!

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
zgzjhzxhq said:
I applied on Nov 4.. still no notification... i'm in the same boat..having plans for christmas!!

Im becoming worried..!!!
do not worry, it takes around a month.

elifirem90

Nov 19, 2013
Hi everybody,
I am from Turkey who lives in NY and applied online on 4th of November, they wanted my passport on 18th and I sent it on 21th of November. I also received message from USPS that General Consulate received my passport. How long it will take to come back? I am worried because I should leave USA (at most ) on 31th of December(because my J-1 ends). Besides, I am worried that my passport is safe.

elifirem90

Nov 19, 2013
anburaj1985 said:
Which Embassy did you send your passport? LA is bit faster than NY.
Hi,
I sent it to General Consulate of Canada in New York. It is the closest one. And I have a question. Instead of writing 'Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada in New York
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York
10020' I just forgot to write Immigration Section on the address. Will this create a problem?