+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Applications from the US

strikereureka

Nov 22, 2013
No not yet. I dont see any activity on my return tracking #.
I am in a very strange situation. I sent my passport to LA on Dec 6th via Priority Express Mail. USPS tracking is not working for me(strange I know ). So I am not sure if my passport reached LA. USPS folks say because of the snowstorm in the midwest, package "may" have been delayed.

I checked my status in GIC today and it says "A final decision has been reached This application has been approved".

Star01151988

Dec 16, 2013
strikereureka said:
No not yet. I dont see any activity on my return tracking #.
I am in a very strange situation. I sent my passport to LA on Dec 6th via Priority Express Mail. USPS tracking is not working for me(strange I know ). So I am not sure if my passport reached LA. USPS folks say because of the snowstorm in the midwest, package "may" have been delayed.

I checked my status in GIC today and it says "A final decision has been reached This application has been approved".
I sent my passport on the same day, call usps the automated thing will track it for u, let me know when u receive urs

Star01151988

Dec 16, 2013
CarlinaYamel said:
Don't panic. I sent my pp to LA consulate the same day you did with an overnight envelope. They tried to delivered it on Saturday but of course it was closed. So I scheduled a redelivery yesterday to be delivered today. To my surprise when I checked my tracking today it said that it was already delivered yesterday at 11:58am. And I even checked the tracking before scheduling the redelivery and it still said in transit. Remember the USPS tracking tool takes time to be updated so check tomorrow again it should be updated by then.
Hi did u get ur pp yet?

HoneyBadger

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know what is the contact info of there is any to reach out to cic office here in US? I had applied online for TRV in Nov 11 from US and its Dec 17 and gotten no response at all. This is just frustrating as it does not justify how people applying in later dates gets pp request in less than 15 days and so forth. I understand its case by case but its just stupid that i have to now postpone my plans and reservations for upcoming holidays.

cayfe

Dec 16, 2013
I know, I have the same situation, I applied on the 13 Nov, and no response at all. it still says the decision has not been decided it yet.

strikereureka

Nov 22, 2013
Star01151988 said:
I sent my passport on the same day, call usps the automated thing will track it for u, let me know when u receive urs
I got my passport today. USPS tracking is screwed and it gave me sleepless nights.

arazis

Dec 20, 2013
Hi everyone. I am really in a bad situation. I am visiting medical student in Boston. I am an Azerbaijani citizen and i am a permenant resident of Turkey. I have a flight back to Turkey on 27 dec with Air canada over Toronto. When i booked my ticket neither website nor ticket agency informed me about the Canadian transit visa. I have heard about it only 2 days ago. First i tried to change my flight to an another airlines and another transit country but air canada said its not possible. I have to cancel my flight (NON REFUNDABLE) and buy a new ticket if i dont want to travel through Canada. As you understand i am a student and can not cancel my ticket and buy new one . I sent an email to consulate explaning my situation. I went to Canadian consulate in Boston but i have told that only New York office provides Visa. I dont know what to do. my friend hwo told me about the visa had same situation 2 years ago. He said that he got visa in 2 hours from London embassy. What should i do now?

yli2013

Dec 10, 2013
I applied the TRV online on Nov. 8th. No update at all. Does anyone know the longest time it will take for them to make the decision?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
yli2013 said:
Well, did you figure out a way to contact them? I sent LA emails, they didn't reply.
Hi, I am also waiting for my visitor's visa since November 9th. I emailed NewYork and the email I got is:

"Thank you for your email. For applications submitted online please direct your inquiry to:

CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT @ cic.gc.ca
"

I haven't received a reply yet from Ottawa, but I think they might be gone for holidays and not much work is being done right now.

yli2013

Dec 10, 2013
namaste said:
Hi, I am also waiting for my visitor's visa since November 9th. I emailed NewYork and the email I got is:

"Thank you for your email. For applications submitted online please direct your inquiry to:

CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT @ cic.gc.ca
"

I haven't received a reply yet from Ottawa, but I think they might be gone for holidays and not much work is being done right now.
Thanks for sharing. Hope I can get some useful information from them.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
yli2013 said:
Thanks for sharing. Hope I can get some useful information from them.
After a week, I finally got a response from Ottawa, but a very useless one. They basically sent me a standard answer listing the reasons an application might take longer than anticipated, nothing specific to my case.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Sure, here's their reply:

No further action is required on your part at this time. One or more of the following could delay the processing of your application:

your application is not complete;
you need a medical exam;
you need a background or security check;
you have a criminal record;
you need an interview;
we need to verify your documents; or
other external factors beyond our control.