+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Applications from the US

nk1402

Nov 26, 2013
Hi everyone!

I applied online on Nov. 17 and got my passport request today. I am in NYC. I don't understand the difference between sending my passport to the VAC vs to the Consulate? As far as I understand, at the VAC I can drop it off and pick it up in person but I have to pay $46.75 in fees, whereas at the Consulate I have to send it by courier, but there is no fee. Given that the cost of the courier + the cost of the pre-paid envelope probably amounts to about $40, what is the advantage of doing one method over the other? Is one of them faster? I have a flight to Canada on Dec. 23.

Thanks for advice!

anburaj1985

Nov 25, 2013
Great. You got your passport request with in 10 days. Did you apply online or made any special request to make it faster. Bcoz still Nov 4 applicants haven't received any request.. Just Curious :)

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
anburaj1985 said:
Great. You got your passport request with in 10 days. Did you apply online or made any special request to make it faster. Bcoz still Nov 4 applicants haven't received any request.. Just Curious :)
Me too!! applied on Nov 4 and no reply yet.. I read some threads saying they applied on Nov4 and got request on 18, some even applied on Nov12 and got request on Nov18.. But I found most of them applied within Canada.

nk1402

Nov 26, 2013
I didn't make any special request... just gave as much information as I could!

Anyone can help with my original question?

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
anburaj1985 said:
I too got the passport request. Online application on Nov 19 and Passport request on Nov 27. :)
Cong!!

Hi guys,
please update the timeline so we know how long it takes from sending passport to receiving that with visa stamp on that :) Thanks!!

CarlinaYamel

Oct 31, 2013
Hi guys,

I applied online from the US on Nov 5 and I haven't got any response yet (only submission confirmation). It's going to be a month now on Thursday and I'm getting kinda of worried. Is this a good sign or a bad sign?

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
CarlinaYamel said:
Hi guys,

I applied online from the US on Nov 5 and I haven't got any response yet (only submission confirmation). It's going to be a month now on Thursday and I'm getting kinda of worried. Is this a good sign or a bad sign?
I applied on Nov 4... same situation.. i read a lot of threads saying delay for F-1 students.. don't know if you fall into this case...i've cancelled my flight actually... too bad..

strikereureka

Nov 22, 2013
Hi Guys,
I got my passport request on 12/6 and sent my passport the same day using USPS Priority Express Flat Rate Envelope. It should have been delivered to the LA consulate on Monday by 3PM. The tracking number shows it is still in transit. USPS guys are of no help saying we cant know for sure where your package is. I dont know if the Consulate received it as I see no updates in my mycic acc. I'm starting to panic as I have my travel scheduled on 12/19. Any suggestions?

grad_student

Dec 10, 2013
In the IMM5257E form in section "Details of Visit to Canada", I marked Tourism. What name and address can I give in question 4 in that section? Wondering what other people wrote in section 4? Any help will be much appreciated.

CarlinaYamel

Oct 31, 2013
strikereureka said:
Hi Guys,
I got my passport request on 12/6 and sent my passport the same day using USPS Priority Express Flat Rate Envelope. It should have been delivered to the LA consulate on Monday by 3PM. The tracking number shows it is still in transit. USPS guys are of no help saying we cant know for sure where your package is. I dont know if the Consulate received it as I see no updates in my mycic acc. I'm starting to panic as I have my travel scheduled on 12/19. Any suggestions?
Don't panic. I sent my pp to LA consulate the same day you did with an overnight envelope. They tried to delivered it on Saturday but of course it was closed. So I scheduled a redelivery yesterday to be delivered today. To my surprise when I checked my tracking today it said that it was already delivered yesterday at 11:58am. And I even checked the tracking before scheduling the redelivery and it still said in transit. Remember the USPS tracking tool takes time to be updated so check tomorrow again it should be updated by then.

strikereureka

Nov 22, 2013
Glad your passport got delivered Carlina.
No such luck for me. USPS still shows its in transit. The USPS guys have opened a case for tracking my envelope. Looks like the whole universe is conspiring to not let me visit Canada on the 19th :(
I am now concerned they might have lost the envelope, which is an even bigger reason to worry.

Star01151988

Dec 16, 2013
CarlinaYamel said:
Don't panic. I sent my pp to LA consulate the same day you did with an overnight envelope. They tried to delivered it on Saturday but of course it was closed. So I scheduled a redelivery yesterday to be delivered today. To my surprise when I checked my tracking today it said that it was already delivered yesterday at 11:58am. And I even checked the tracking before scheduling the redelivery and it still said in transit. Remember the USPS tracking tool takes time to be updated so check tomorrow again it should be updated by then.
Did you get your passport yet? I sent mine on the same day as well, my CIC account says it has been approved and the application has been closed, but my tracking number is still not working

strikereureka

Nov 22, 2013
Hi Star01151988
Does the status of "A final decision has been reached This application has been approved" mean that they got the passport and stamped it?

Star01151988

Dec 16, 2013
strikereureka said:
Hi Star01151988
Does the status of "A final decision has been reached This application has been approved" mean that they got the passport and stamped it?
I think so, but they have not mailed it, did you check your status? Have u gotten urs?