Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Re: O

orotibash said:
hi everyone! i am applying for an OWP but how come i can't open the forms that i have to fill up (extend stay as worker) evrytime i click on it there's a message about adobe update/download but i've already got the new version of iyt. need help with this pls. thanks
You can open them with Internet Explorer or after a right click you can save them to your PC.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Re: O

orotibash said:
hi everyone! i am applying for an OWP but how come i can't open the forms that i have to fill up (extend stay as worker) evrytime i click on it there's a message about adobe update/download but i've already got the new version of iyt. need help with this pls. thanks
Download the forms, save it in your documents, and open the file from there.

fabbarr

Jan 3, 2015
Hey everyone, as an applicant under SCLPC program, I'm sending my OWP on Monday.
I need some help if you have already sent yours!

In the form IMM5710E:
1- Under 3. "I am applying for one or more of the following:", what would you check off? I currently have a valid work permit till 2015-8. Should I check off "A work permit with the same employer" and / or "Restoration of your status as a worker" or else?
2- Under Coming to Canada, "Date and place of your original entry in Canada". I came in 2011 under the international Canadian experience program for 6 months, then left, then came back in july 2012 under the same program but different type of visa, then extended my stay with a new work permit. I naturally put July 2012, but not sure if that's accurate.
3- Does anyone know where the "Document number" is if we have a work permit? is it the number in red (mine starts with BB...) on the top right corner or is it right below it (mine starts with "U" then numbers)?

Finally, looking at cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp what do they mean by :

"use Special Program Code “SPO” (sponsored spouse or partner) and standard note “Pending FC APR” (to be entered in Remarks so it appears on the physical document)."

should I enter this info on a separate piece of paper?
I saw that sophieee you sent more documents than required and wanted to see what you did with this Pending FC APR remark. (canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2014-t179207.4110.html;wap2=)

Thanks all for your help!

spyro02

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
Hey everyone, as an applicant under SCLPC program, I'm sending my OWP on Monday.
I need some help if you have already sent yours!

In the form IMM5710E:
1- Under 3. "I am applying for one or more of the following:", what would you check off? I currently have a valid work permit till 2015-8. Should I check off "A work permit with the same employer" and / or "Restoration of your status as a worker" or else?
You would check "with the same employer" only if your previous work permit was already open, otherwise you check "with a new employer". "Restoration of status as a worker" only applies your previous permit lapsed and you are applying to restore your lawful status within 90 days of expiry.

2- Under Coming to Canada, "Date and place of your original entry in Canada". I came in 2011 under the international Canadian experience program for 6 months, then left, then came back in july 2012 under the same program but different type of visa, then extended my stay with a new work permit. I naturally put July 2012, but not sure if that's accurate.
You put the date you were issued your last work permit at the border. So in your case, July 2012 seems to be correct.

3- Does anyone know where the "Document number" is if we have a work permit? is it the number in red (mine starts with BB...) on the top right corner or is it right below it (mine starts with "U" then numbers)?
The red BB number is the stock control number of the paper. The number (including the letter) is your actual document number.

Finally, looking at cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp what do they mean by :

"use Special Program Code “SPO” (sponsored spouse or partner) and standard note “Pending FC APR” (to be entered in Remarks so it appears on the physical document)."

should I enter this info on a separate piece of paper?
I saw that sophieee you sent more documents than required and wanted to see what you did with this Pending FC APR remark. (canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2014-t179207.4110.html;wap2=)

Thanks all for your help!
You don't need to do anything with that. These are instructions for the person issuing your work permit.

fabbarr

Jan 3, 2015
spyro02 said:
You would check "with the same employer" only if your previous work permit was already open, otherwise you check "with a new employer". "Restoration of status as a worker" only applies your previous permit lapsed and you are applying to restore your lawful status within 90 days of expiry.

You put the date you were issued your last work permit at the border. So in your case, July 2012 seems to be correct.

The red BB number is the stock control number of the paper. The number (including the letter) is your actual document number.

You don't need to do anything with that. These are instructions for the person issuing your work permit.
Thanks a ton spyro02!
It's a bit more clear to me now. I guess for 2. I will put the date of my last work permit, which was in july 2013. I got a working holidays visa in july 2012 which was open to any employer, and I applied for a new work permit in july 2013 tied to my current employer.

Thanks again!

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
susana said:
Good luck ! As long as you had a valid status when he applied, you will be approved. Make sure you inlude copy of the payment receipt of your PR application as you do not have an AOR.
Hi Susana:) yup I have valid status (working permit) when we apply & it's my mistake not to renew it before it expired coz I thought if I submit OWP together with the Sponsoship they will give me or process my OWP before my work permit exprired but when I find out that they process that OWP when 1st approval is done for Sponsoship so my status before implied status then they by August 2014 they sent back to me my OWP because of 5$ that I own them coz of the processing fee is increase 150 to 155$ so I immidiatelly apply visitor visa to restorate my status, that's my story.
I'm thinking to put a copy of my sponsorship receipt but I didn't but I put a copy of my online sponsorship application that show my name, address , the date that the immigration receive my document/application so hope that would be enough for prove that I have application for sponsorship:)
Anyway I will keep posted whatever I will find out bout my application on my OWP under pilot program , hopefully they will lessen the process time for inland.
God bless us all & gud luck to everyone:)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can we get back on topic and talk about this new process, a lot of this talk can just go into the general 2014 thread.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Just so you know, two people already got their OWP under the new pilot (both OWP application was sent before the pilot was announced).
The info came from here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/inlandsponsorship/

underthesea

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Dec-2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Recived LOA 10 Dec 2012 (Dated: 26 Nov 2012)
AOR Received.
05 - Feb - 2013
IELTS Request
Already Submited
File Transfer...
5 Feb 2013
Med's Request
26 April 2013
Med's Done....
5th May 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21 Oct 2013
Hey,
My Spouse is out of country , i am going to apply for her :
just need your suggestion Like can i apply for two visa for her like one is Pilot temporary and one application for her PR like normal Spouce visa.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
underthesea said:
Hey,
My Spouse is out of country , i am going to apply for her :
just need your suggestion Like can i apply for two visa for her like one is Pilot temporary and one application for her PR like normal Spouce visa.
To qualify for this program you need to have an inland application. But if your wife are coming to Canada, then yes, once she is here, you can send an inland PR application and the OWP application together to Mississauga.

ibackpacker

Jan 6, 2015
Hello everyone!

Quick question: I'm sponsoring my wife (Inland Application). We applied for her RP in SCLPC on Oct 1th without applying for OWP at that time, but we applied for the OWP on Dec 22nd after the announcement of the 1-year pilot. she currently has a TRV which will expire on Feb/2015, so she's legally in Canada.
My question is: Should we extend her visitor visa or by applying for the OWP (even not at the same time as the Sponsorship app) she'll have implied status and will satisfy the requirement of "legal status" for the OWP (as the OWP process takes 4 months, at that time her TRV will be expired)?

Thank you!

fabbarr

Jan 3, 2015
ibackpacker said:
Hello everyone!

Quick question: I'm sponsoring my wife (Inland Application). We applied for her RP in SCLPC on Oct 1th without applying for OWP at that time, but we applied for the OWP on Dec 22nd after the announcement of the 1-year pilot. she currently has a TRV which will expire on Feb/2015, so she's legally in Canada.
My question is: Should we extend her visitor visa or by applying for the OWP (even not at the same time as the Sponsorship app) she'll have implied status and will satisfy the requirement of "legal status" for the OWP (as the OWP process takes 4 months, at that time her TRV will be expired)?

Thank you!
I believe she had implied status at the time you applied your OWP, which is what matters (you have implied status if you applied to a permit 90 days prior to your current status expiration). Let's see if someone else can confirm it!

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
Some great reading on this post. Thanks, everyone.

This pilot certainly makes inland applications more appealing. My question is, how does a US citizen legally get into Canada to live prior to applying inland? I can't imagine that I just book my husband a one-way ticket from the US to Canada and customs allowing him in because we will be applying for PR inland. Can someone please clarify how this works?

We have been married for over 2 years, living in the US. I am a Canadian citizen, and we were looking into applying outland. From what I can read/see, the outland applications are happening in 7-9months. I believe this means in 7-9 (if numbers stay consistent), he can legally enter Canada to live, work, study, and have health care. Yes?

So much thanks to everyone who posts on here. There's so much to learn from everyone asking questions and especially those taking the time to answer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cillyx5 said:
This pilot certainly makes inland applications more appealing. My question is, how does a US citizen legally get into Canada to live prior to applying inland? I can't imagine that I just book my husband a one-way ticket from the US to Canada and customs allowing him in because we will be applying for PR inland. Can someone please clarify how this works?

We have been married for over 2 years, living in the US. I am a Canadian citizen, and we were looking into applying outland. From what I can read/see, the outland applications are happening in 7-9months. I believe this means in 7-9 (if numbers stay consistent), he can legally enter Canada to live, work, study, and have health care. Yes?
He enters as a visitor. You guys should pay the PR fees beforehand so that he has the receipt when he enters Canada. He should not come with all of his belongings, just a few bags like a regular visitor.

Don't apply inland. Straightforward American apps have been going through in 6 months or less, some as fast as 3 months. He can be in Canada as a visitor while the outland app processes.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
cillyx5 said:
Some great reading on this post. Thanks, everyone.

So much thanks to everyone who posts on here. There's so much to learn from everyone asking questions and especially those taking the time to answer.
ask canuck said, US applicants are getting approved in 6 months or less! for solid proof of this, check my stats to the left, and click on the blue link in my signature below. that is the ottawa spreadsheet where we track progress. you will notice most applicants from 2014 are approved and landed. Currently July 2014 applicants are getting approved. the OWP for inland applicants is NOT a reason to apply for inland processing. just because CIC says it will be issued in 4 months, doesn't mean that will actually happen. we won't know that actually happens until probably march when the first round of applicants are approved.

Look at it this way, for a us applicant:

apply outland - be totally approved in 6 months, be able to legally work and apply for healthcare.

apply inland - take 2 years for total approval, hopefully get the open work permit issued in 4 months, which doesn't automatically mean a person can apply for health care (dependant on the province) or get a job. some provinces (such as ontario) requires the person to have an employer and i *think* work a certain amount of hours before they are eligible for healthcare. remember, it take time to get a job and not all employers can hire foreign workers on a work permit. the government issues quotas for businesses on that, so it's not guaranteed. while it's also not guaranteed a pr will find a job, i'd imagine they are more appealing to an employer because they have full, permanent, legal status (as opposed to temporary permission to work). while "survival jobs" are easier to get, they usually pay minimum wage ($11/hour) or just over. professional full time jobs will take 6-8 months to secure for most people, sometimes longer especisally for those without canadian experience or references. also, i'm not sure how it works when a person has multiple jobs or wants to change jobs when they have an owp. it is definitely something to research and consider if employers can be changed automatically or if a person can hold more than 1 job while on an OWP. I honestly don't know much about the rules and if it matters.

While i have no doubt the OWP is a welcomed piece of paper for those stuck in inland processing for 2 years and who wouldn't see a quick outland processing (such as those from countries requiring visas), in my opinion as a US citizen, the "jump start" the OWP gives a person isn't enough to say it's beneficial for any visa exempt applicant to apply inland. APPLY OUTLAND! You will certainly be happy with the choice 6 months down the road. Yes, an applicant can be IN Canada as a visitor while their outland application processes. they can not work in canada until they are approved for PR. They CAN work remotely for us employer while there, so that is usually the ideal situation. I really think when making a decision, it's important to understand the larger picture. as ponga said in a previous post "don't let the dangling carrot fool you"!

Either way, no matter which you choose (achem - outland -achem), you will want your husband to have a return ticket upon his arrival to canada. not having one will be a red flag for CBSA and most likely trigger a secondary inspection. it's always best to get a refundable ticket that you can cancel after entering!