Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
cro_papillon said:
Hello ladies and gentleman, first of all, Happy New Year to everyone.

Second ;D

I have simple question, let's do it this way:

WP expired: May 11, 2014
Applied for a new work permit: May 09, 2014
Refused: July 14, 2014 (had implied status for 2 months, status expired July 11, 2014)

Got married: August 30,2014 to a great Canadian woman

Found immigration consultant to file an inland sponsorship and restoration of status, didn't pay full price because I did all the work and he just checked both applications and filed them, now we have a problem:

Application for inland sponsorship filed: October 17, 2014
Restoration filed: October 17, 2014 :eek: :-\ :-\ :-\ Clearly his mistake, I lost my status because of him :mad: :mad: :mad:

AOR received: November 20, 2014

Since I'm clearly out of status right now, even though I did everything right, but one wrong decision, I trusted this guy. Now I'm trucked (just being polite :D).

Is there any chance to flag pole, get visitor record, apply for OWP under pilot or not? Is there anything I can do? I have all my emails sent and received to and from this gentleman who trucked me up. What? What? Show me the light. Tnx
Hi! We have almost the same situation, but the thing is I process my restoration as visitor first within 90 days. I just receive my TRV, and I did it all the paperworks on my own with a help of my husband. I tried to phone different agency but their fee to process PR are very expensive and it will cost $4000.00 installment tho but still.. I think all you have to do now is to wait.

cro_papillon

Jan 2, 2015
Serenity03 said:
Hi! We have almost the same situation, but the thing is I process my restoration as visitor first within 90 days. I just receive my TRV, and I did it all the paperworks on my own with a help of my husband. I tried to phone different agency but their fee to process PR are very expensive and it will cost $4000.00 installment tho but still.. I think all you have to do now is to wait.
I haven't paid 4000$, I paid just for checking out my apps and submitting, you are in great position, I'm trucked up, but willing to risk, go with my wife on some small border crossing with all the paperwork, be honest 120% and try to solve this, nothing bad can happen lol

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
cro_papillon said:
Is there any chance to flag pole, get visitor record, apply for OWP under pilot or not? Is there anything I can do? I have all my emails sent and received to and from this gentleman who trucked me up. What? What? Show me the light. Tnx
Unfortunately CIC will not care one bit who was responsible for not filing the restoration of status form on time.

What country are you from, is it visa-exempt? If so you can always try exiting and re-entering Canada and hopefully they would just give you a brand new 6-months status. Worst case scenario they could refuse you entry (though probably unlikely) in which case your inland app would be cancelled and you'd have to return to your home country to apply outland.

Depending on what country you're from, it may still be a better choice to simply do an outland app. If you wait until Inland AOR, then another 4 months to send in and process your OWP... that will probably be 8-10 months time before you can work, or same as some visa offices process entire outland applications.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cro_papillon said:
I haven't paid 4000$, I paid just for checking out my apps and submitting, you are in great position, I'm trucked up, but willing to risk, go with my wife on some small border crossing with all the paperwork, be honest 120% and try to solve this, nothing bad can happen lol
I take it that you realize flagpoling involves physically leaving Canada? And that no matter how small, there's always some chance you may not be allowed back in? So flagpoling certainly carries risks.

cro_papillon

Jan 2, 2015
Rob_TO said:
Unfortunately CIC will not care one bit who was responsible for not filing the restoration of status form on time.

What country are you from, is it visa-exempt? If so you can always try exiting and re-entering Canada and hopefully they would just give you a brand new 6-months status. Worst case scenario they could refuse you entry (though probably unlikely) in which case your inland app would be cancelled and you'd have to return to your home country to apply outland.

Depending on what country you're from, it may still be a better choice to simply do an outland app. If you wait until Inland AOR, then another 4 months to send in and process your OWP... that will probably be 8-10 months time before you can work, or same as some visa offices process entire outland applications.
I'm from Croatia, visa exempt country.

cro_papillon

Jan 2, 2015
scylla said:
I take it that you realize flagpoling involves physically leaving Canada? And that no matter how small, there's always some chance you may not be allowed back in? So flagpoling certainly carries risks.
I know what flagpoling is, you can see from my posts that I know what I'm talking about, I'm aware of all the risks, just asked if somebody was in same position, I also know that everything depends on CBSA officer, but what I don't know is if I risk and go with all my paperwork, be 120% honest, show that I'm aware that I made a mistake (it wasn't me, but I'll take the blame), is there even 50% chance to get visitor record and reset counters and apply for new pilot, if chances are around 50%, I'm willing to take that chance :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cro_papillon said:
I know what flagpoling is, you can see from my posts that I know what I'm talking about, I'm aware of all the risks, just asked if somebody was in same position,
You said "nothing bad can happen" - which made it sound like you weren't at all aware there were any risks involved and weren't familiar with the process. I wanted to make sure you were aware that you can in fact be refused entry (even if you are visa exempt).

Like you said, absolutely your call whether you take the risk or not.

Good luck.

cro_papillon

Jan 2, 2015
scylla said:
You said "nothing bad can happen" - which made it sound like you weren't at all aware there were any risks involved and weren't familiar with the process. I wanted to make sure you were aware that you can in fact be refused entry (even if you are visa exempt).

Like you said, absolutely your call whether you take the risk or not.

Good luck.
By "nothing bad can happen" I was thinking nobody will beat or kill me, everything else is acceptable lol

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
cro_papillon said:
By "nothing bad can happen" I was thinking nobody will beat or kill me, everything else is acceptable lol
If it's acceptable that you have to leave Canada, go back to your home country and start a brand new outland application with a red flag, than yes... This is the worst that can happen.

You can try and park in the Canadian side of the border, walk in to the office and tell your story. This way the officer can still remove you or take a pity on you and give you some extension. I'm not sure if it's any safer (probably not), but sounds a little safer to me than actually leaving Canada.

googleguy

Jan 2, 2015
I submitted my wife's sponsorship application and a new wp application on the day her postgraduate wp expired.I submitted it to canadapost on a friday which means it got to missasauga on Tuesday the following week.
I spoke to an agent and I was assured that as long as there is a canadapost stamp on it that shows I submitted on friday(which was the day her wp expired) that she will be under implied status, it doesn't matter when it got to missasauga that she will qualify for the open wp.....
-I cant verify what date canada post put on the application, am considering submitting a restoration and a new wp permit application to Vegeriville before the restoration period runs out in 2 weeks time and include a letter of explanation
-is this a good idea...pls I need your response as time is running out.thanks everyone.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
googleguy said:
I submitted my wife's sponsorship application and a new wp application on the day her postgraduate wp expired.I submitted it to canadapost on a friday which means it got to missasauga on Tuesday the following week.
I spoke to an agent and I was assured that as long as there is a canadapost stamp on it that shows I submitted on friday(which was the day her wp expired) that she will be under implied status, it doesn't matter when it got to missasauga that she will qualify for the open wp.....
-I cant verify what date canada post put on the application, am considering submitting a restoration and a new wp permit application to Vegeriville before the restoration period runs out in 2 weeks time and include a letter of explanation
-is this a good idea...pls I need your response as time is running out.thanks everyone.
I suggest to verify it by a call centre agent (or by a couple agents, because not everyone of them are reliable). But at first glance it looks like you will need to restore your status. Be aware that CIC need to receive your application to restore your status within 90 days.

googleguy

Jan 2, 2015
sophieee said:
I suggest to verify it by a call centre agent (or by a couple agents, because not everyone of them are reliable). But at first glance it looks like you will need to restore your status. Be aware that CIC need to receive your application to restore your status within 90 days.
Thanks alot for your response. Have called cic, spoke to different agents and I was told that as long as the sponsorship and wp was sent on the day her wp expired and there is a canadapost stamp that shows that on the envelope that she will be on implied and get the new spousal wp even though it will have been received after her wp expired.
Contacted Canadapost customer service too and even went to the outlet I sent it and I was assured that they stamp envelopes on the day they receive it...I was even told even if a document is submitted after cut off on a Friday (5pm local time) that even though it will only leave the canadapost outlet on the following monday, it will still be stamped as the friday it was received. In our case it was submitted around 9am to 10am on that Friday.

Based on this assurances I think we should be good.we can only keep hoping and praying. Thanks for taking your time to respond ones again.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
susana said:
It is hard to understand what you are saying. Did you apply under the Caregiver program for the PR or your husband sponsored you ?
I Susana:) I just read ur comment / reply, thanks:) my husband is the one who sponsor me , I'm doing my OWP under SCLPC, I will mail it tomorrow hope everything goes well, my sponsor application summitted February 2014 , till now I didn't heard from them so hopefully I get my OWP & hope it will allow me to renew my Ohip :)

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
O

hi everyone! i am applying for an OWP but how come i can't open the forms that i have to fill up (extend stay as worker) evrytime i click on it there's a message about adobe update/download but i've already got the new version of iyt. need help with this pls. thanks

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Skyline29 said:
I Susana:) I just read ur comment / reply, thanks:) my husband is the one who sponsor me , I'm doing my OWP under SCLPC, I will mail it tomorrow hope everything goes well, my sponsor application summitted February 2014 , till now I didn't heard from them so hopefully I get my OWP & hope it will allow me to renew my Ohip :)
Good luck ! As long as you had a valid status when he applied, you will be approved. Make sure you inlude copy of the payment receipt of your PR application as you do not have an AOR.