canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
anvar21 said:
I need some advice how to bring my spouse and my daughter.
I received Manitoba Nomination today, now i want to bring my dependents as soon as possible if I can.
Post your question in the PNP or Foreign Worker section of the forum.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Skyline29 said:
I'm present residing at angus Ontario , I'm been here at canada 4years going to 5 years on February, I'm came here to work as caregiver then I get married September 2013 , my husband is a Canadian citizen then instead I apply my caregiver application , we apply family sponsor / spouse together with that I have my Open work permit application too we send that January 2014 then come back February coz some of form is not updated so we update that then send it again same month February then by August I think then send back my application of open work permit coz they say I own them 5$ coz the processing fee is increase 5$ before it's 150 then increase 155 so they told to me to resend that when I have receive a letter from immigration so my work permit is expired that time so I need to get a status here so the fast to get is visitor permit to remain in canada but the thing is my Ohip is already expired too & I'm pregnant so everytime I go for check up I'm paying something, my question is is there anything I can do to have a letter for immigration for applying of my open work permit so that I can get a OHiP or any letter can I give to Get Ohip card , my due date is 2nd weeks of February , when I submit that application the processing time before is 9month then it when up as the month goes by:( I just want to apply my open permit & get a Ohip & bring my son here in canada to wait for the decision of my application of permanent residence .
Hope u could help me , thank u very much for help, god bless

I read / see this cic news - The government of Canada has launched a pilot program issuing open work permits to certain spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in the Spouses or Common-Law Partners in Canada class (SCLPC). Applicants making an Inland application (i.e. while residing in Canada) for permanent immigration to Canada may now be issued open work permits before the ‘approval in principle’ decision has been made on their application.

So what this means that inland sponsor spouse can apply now even no 1st approval for the application hows that work or is there a form for the spouse for OWP? Please help or any advice , thank u very much:)

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Skyline29 said:
I read / see this cic news - The government of Canada has launched a pilot program issuing open work permits to certain spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in the Spouses or Common-Law Partners in Canada class (SCLPC). Applicants making an Inland application (i.e. while residing in Canada) for permanent immigration to Canada may now be issued open work permits before the ‘approval in principle' decision has been made on their application.

So what this means that inland sponsor spouse can apply now even no 1st approval for the application hows that work or is there a form for the spouse for OWP? Please help or any advice , thank u very much:)
It is hard to understand what you are saying. Did you apply under the Caregiver program for the PR or your husband sponsored you ?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any further information on this?

I dont want to wait 4 more months to get my OWP....

I want it NOW

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Any further information on this?

I dont want to wait 4 more months to get my OWP....

I want it NOW
Why James you have continued to work anyway so what difference does it make to you?

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
if it want to work for a new employer, that's why.
At least you're working. Most of us are sitting on our ass for months, not being able to do anything.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Gaymer said:
At least you're working. Most of us are sitting on our ass for months, not being able to do anything.
Well James is being a little naughty and shouldn't really be working as many people have pointed out to him on here!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brucem said:
Well James is being a little naughty and shouldn't really be working as many people have pointed out to him on here!
I am allowed to work and I dont want to get into this again so please stop bringing it up as its boring.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
I am allowed to work and I dont want to get into this again so please stop bringing it up as its boring.
Course you are!

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Jamesdavid3 said:
JamesDavid, no reason to argue , you are right, it is boring. The four months processing times are for new applications, let's hope you get yours anytime soon and you can change employers and everybody will know that applying to change comditions of your stay allows you to comtinue working under the same comditions of your previous work permir as you did NOT request an extension of your IEC wp BUT an open work permit.

cro_papillon

Jan 2, 2015
Hello ladies and gentleman, first of all, Happy New Year to everyone.

Second ;D

I have simple question, let's do it this way:

WP expired: May 11, 2014
Applied for a new work permit: May 09, 2014
Refused: July 14, 2014 (had implied status for 2 months, status expired July 11, 2014)

Got married: August 30,2014 to a great Canadian woman

Found immigration consultant to file an inland sponsorship and restoration of status, didn't pay full price because I did all the work and he just checked both applications and filed them, now we have a problem:

Application for inland sponsorship filed: October 17, 2014
Restoration filed: October 17, 2014 :eek: :-\ :-\ :-\ Clearly his mistake, I lost my status because of him :mad: :mad: :mad:

AOR received: November 20, 2014

Since I'm clearly out of status right now, even though I did everything right, but one wrong decision, I trusted this guy. Now I'm trucked (just being polite :D).

Is there any chance to flag pole, get visitor record, apply for OWP under pilot or not? Is there anything I can do? I have all my emails sent and received to and from this gentleman who trucked me up. What? What? Show me the light. Tnx

susana

Nov 4, 2008
cro_papillon said:
Hello ladies and gentleman, first of all, Happy New Year to everyone.

Second ;D

I have simple question, let's do it this way:

WP expired: May 11, 2014
Applied for a new work permit: May 09, 2014
Refused: July 14, 2014 (had implied status for 2 months, status expired July 11, 2014).

Got married: August 30,2014 to a great Canadian woman

Found immigration consultant to file an inland sponsorship and restoration of status, didn't pay full price because I did all the work and he just checked both applications and filed them, now we have a problem:

Application for inland sponsorship filed: October 17, 2014
Restoration filed: October 17, 2014 :eek: :-\ :-\ :-\ Clearly his mistake, I lost my status because of him :mad: :mad: :mad:.

WHY HIS MISTAKE? You submitted your application after 90 days of the refusal of your work permit , you said you did all the work so why took you lo long ? You had until Octuber 14 to be received your application in Mississauga with the open work permit/restoration of status.

AOR received: November 20, 2014

Since I'm clearly out of status right now, even though I did everything right, but one wrong decision, I trusted this guy. Now I'm trucked (just being polite :D). YOU DID NOT DO EVERYTHiNG RIGHT, you sent your apllication after the 90 days period allowed to request restoration of status .

Is there any chance to flag pole, get visitor record, apply for OWP under pilot or not? Is there anything I can do? I have all my emails sent and received to and from this gentleman who trucked me up. What? What? Show me the light. Tnx

You could be refused re-entry due to your overstay. You submitted your apllication one week late,, as you know it takes time to gather all the documents , fill the forms, put everything together , so you submited after the restoration period ended , so take part of the blame.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
susana said:
JamesDavid, no reason to argue , you are right, it is boring. The four months processing times are for new applications, let's hope you get yours anytime soon and you can change employers and everybody will know that applying to change comditions of your stay allows you to comtinue working under the same comditions of your previous work permir as you did NOT request an extension of your IEC wp BUT an open work permit.
I'm not arguing that point. His application was returned thus losing any implied status he may have had which has been clearly pointed out by those with far more knowledge and experience than me. Anyway it is an argument which has played out.

cro_papillon

Jan 2, 2015
susana said:
You could be refused re-entry due to your overstay. You submitted your apllication one week late,, as you know it takes time to gather all the documents , fill the forms, put everything together , so you submited after the restoration period ended , so take part of the blame.
It wasn't me who filed too late, I had all paperwork done by October 1. But yes, I'll take part of the blame and never trust anyone again ;)