OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aliaix said:
Hi Eagle 333,
This is not about Old vs New, but I have a few questions that I think you might help me with.
I am the PA, Outland family sponsorship, applied in Dec. 2015 and my file is in process. I have done my medicals and police clearance in June 2015 in Romania and came to Canada in July on my TRV. I only sent the file in December. I'll be going back to Romania in June, and wanted to know if, to avoid any further delays, I should redo my police clearance and medicals and send it to the Bucharest VO? I also have to renew my passport due to expiration date, so should I let them know about that as well?
Thanks in advance.
Hello aliaix,

It is always good to send documents ahead of time to avoid delay. If CIC request your Police Clearance and new passport they will delay the process. The sooner is the better. Medicals you should wait for a request.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haq ali said:
Hi Eagle
Hope you will good i read your forum since 7 months and i was quite happy to find this helpfull forum as you said that after sending additional documents regarding eligbility maximum time is 3 month for decision. Eagle i did send documents on 24 dec 15 and yet i did not contacted.my question is that is they clear eligbility and check backgroud or what you say where is my application now.Thanks
Eligibility can be cleared between 4-6 time frame but it all depend if your CHC is not experiencing backlog. usually 4 to 6 months you should know where you stand on eligibility if your application is a routine one. None routine takes more than 6 months to complete eligibility. I got to go to work I will answer other questions when I come back thanks.

aliaix

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest,RO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
File Transfer...
19-02-2016
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
12-06-2015
Passport Req..
18-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Eagle333 said:
Hello aliaix,

It is always good to send documents ahead of time to avoid delay. If CIC request your Police Clearance and new passport they will delay the process. The sooner is the better. Medicals you should wait for a request.
Thank you.

rsk8

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
09-12-2015
File Transfer...
29-12-2015 (in process)
Med's Request
gawd, thx none!
Med's Done....
31-08-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
none!
Passport Req..
30-06-2016 & submitted 01-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
Masriixo said:
Requesting payment means you are almost at the finish line. If they requested it's a good sign. Kinda of confused though as to why they didn't check it was paid for at the beginning.

Either way, goodluck :)
why wud they request it again tho? i paid mine upfron too. what did u do then? did u get back to them to clarify?

Ngabwes

Oct 1, 2015
Hello all!

What does decision made means?
Here is my timeline of my kenya outland application;
Application received on Aug 13,2014
We started processing of your application January 28,2015

Medical received
February 15,2016 we received a letter asking for new medical, kenya police clearence certificate.my wife submitted everything on February 26,2016 and received on 29, February, 2016.

On March 14,2016 my Ecas changed from in process to decion made but i never heard anything from them and i sent email asking for the process no reply. So i am very confused and no Idea if the aprouved or reject. They never even tell me if they received passeport. When i click on decisipn made nothing else display than application received, start proccess and medical teceived. Please any obe with experience advise me please. Thanks

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ngabwes said:
Hello all!

What does decision made means?
Here is my timeline of my kenya outland application;
Application received on Aug 13,2014
We started processing of your application January 28,2015

Medical received
February 15,2016 we received a letter asking for new medical, kenya police clearence certificate.my wife submitted everything on February 26,2016 and received on 29, February, 2016.

On March 14,2016 my Ecas changed from in process to decion made but i never heard anything from them and i sent email asking for the process no reply. So i am very confused and no Idea if the aprouved or reject. They never even tell me if they received passeport. When i click on decisipn made nothing else display than application received, start proccess and medical teceived. Please any obe with experience advise me please. Thanks
You are most likely approved . Congratulations .

Ngabwes

Oct 1, 2015
Thank you ! What does decision made means? My application changed from in process to deciaion made two weeks ago and they have my wife passeport. When i click on decison made nothing new diaplayed. I sent many email to ask them but no reply. Anyone have Idea please? Thank u again for explanation

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Ngabwes said:
Thank you ! What does decision made means? My application changed from in process to deciaion made two weeks ago and they have my wife passeport. When i click on decison made nothing new diaplayed. I sent many email to ask them but no reply. Anyone have Idea please? Thank u again for explanation
Just be patient. They will contact you when they are ready, if you don't hear anything in a month, order your notes to see if they have a different email or address on file

PR_Sn

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 06, 2016
AOR Received.
April 13, 2015
File Transfer...
March 20, 2015
Med's Request
Re-med: Dec 2015
Interview........
Nope!
Passport Req..
March 14, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2016
Eagle333 said:
Eligibility can be cleared between 4-6 time frame but it all depend if your CHC is not experiencing backlog. usually 4 to 6 months you should know where you stand on eligibility if your application is a routine one. None routine takes more than 6 months to complete eligibility. I got to go to work I will answer other questions when I come back thanks.
Hi Eagle,
I've a question, Is there any condition that a person should land within the 3 months of visa?
Please Advice

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
PR_Sn said:
Hi Eagle,
I've a question, Is there any condition that a person should land within the 3 months of visa?
Please Advice
In general, the COPR expiry is the date of your medical report expiry, which is about 1 year after the medical report was done. So not, it's not 3 months or 4 months or 2 months...it's when your medical expire.

There are cases where the time remaining is very short...a poster in the forum said that VO ask them whether they would land before that time (I think it was just a few weeks away). I would imagine the VO would ask the applicant to re-do medical if the time is deemed too short. There has been mention that the VO can extend validity of medical in order to allow a reasonable time for the COPR to be effective.

To have a longer medical validity, and therefore longer COPR time, some people do the medical later on after submission of the application package. On the other hand, people who did upfront medical (but with straight-forward cases with good documentation of the relationship) is are supposed to get processed quickly such that the 1 year medical validity is not an issue.

PR_Sn

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 06, 2016
AOR Received.
April 13, 2015
File Transfer...
March 20, 2015
Med's Request
Re-med: Dec 2015
Interview........
Nope!
Passport Req..
March 14, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2016
cheng9999 said:
In general, the COPR expiry is the date of your medical report expiry, which is about 1 year after the medical report was done. So not, it's not 3 months or 4 months or 2 months...it's when your medical expire.

There are cases where the time remaining is very short...a poster in the forum said that VO ask them whether they would land before that time (I think it was just a few weeks away). I would imagine the VO would ask the applicant to re-do medical if the time is deemed too short. There has been mention that the VO can extend validity of medical in order to allow a reasonable time for the COPR to be effective.

To have a longer medical validity, and therefore longer COPR time, some people do the medical later on after submission of the application package. On the other hand, people who did upfront medical (but with straight-forward cases with good documentation of the relationship) is are supposed to get processed quickly such that the 1 year medical validity is not an issue.
cool! Our visa (single entry) is valid till dec, that's y m askin' will there be any issue if he didnt come right away
Thanks for your reply thou'

Jasse

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
British Columbia, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
07-Jan-2017 Originally filed April 2015 but after receiving notes we had to withdraw and submit again :(
Doc's Request.
Feb 1 2017 uploaded schedule A
AOR Received.
11-Jan-2017 AOR2 11-Apr-2017
File Transfer...
01-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
Medicals received
Interview........
13-11-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
Hi Eagle!

Have you ever heard about 2nd eligibility stage? I asked my MP to inquire into my husband's file. CIC told her that my file is in the second stage of eligibility and then said the file will be processed in 17 months (This is how long the processing time is in India). This is a standard answer as many 2015 files have been getting their PPR this year. Presently they are working on April files. We have a red flag on our file. Its my third marriage and my husband's first. I sent in plenty of evidence of our relationship and even explained about my previous marriages. Do you think they will still spend a lot of time on our file because of my past? We are going to apply for notes.

Thanks a lot for giving up your personal time to answer questions on the forum.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Jasse said:
Hi Eagle!

Have you ever heard about 2nd eligibility stage? I asked my MP to inquire into my husband's file. CIC told her that my file is in the second stage of eligibility and then said the file will be processed in 17 months (This is how long the processing time is in India). This is a standard answer as many 2015 files have been getting their PPR this year. Presently they are working on April files. We have a red flag on our file. Its my third marriage and my husband's first. I sent in plenty of evidence of our relationship and even explained about my previous marriages. Do you think they will still spend a lot of time on our file because of my past? We are going to apply for notes.

Thanks a lot for giving up your personal time to answer questions on the forum.
First stage is eligibility to sponsor. It looks like it has passed...that would mean your sponsor has received the email (or letter) saying he qualifies to be sponsor.

Then the application goes to the local visa office (VO), and this would be 2nd stage...whether the applicant is eligible. Basically is this relationship genuine? 17 months is standard answer nowadays...you should look at the processing times of other people here to get a better idea.

Notes will help only if they started working on it, otherwise you may not see any comments in the relevant sections talking about your relationship. That said, it is also your only source of direct information, so you may want to consider ordering it regularly as it's only 5 dollars.

Good luck.

Jasse

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
British Columbia, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
07-Jan-2017 Originally filed April 2015 but after receiving notes we had to withdraw and submit again :(
Doc's Request.
Feb 1 2017 uploaded schedule A
AOR Received.
11-Jan-2017 AOR2 11-Apr-2017
File Transfer...
01-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
Medicals received
Interview........
13-11-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
cheng9999 said:
First stage is eligibility to sponsor. It looks like it has passed...that would mean your sponsor has received the email (or letter) saying he qualifies to be sponsor.

Then the application goes to the local visa office (VO), and this would be 2nd stage...whether the applicant is eligible. Basically is this relationship genuine? 17 months is standard answer nowadays...you should look at the processing times of other people here to get a better idea.

Notes will help only if they started working on it, otherwise you may not see any comments in the relevant sections talking about your relationship. That said, it is also your only source of direct information, so you may want to consider ordering it regularly as it's only 5 dollars.

Good luck.
Thank you Cheng9999, I guess its the waiting game.....Its unfortunate that they take so long!!!! The good old days files would be processed in 6 months!

haq ali

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 JULY 2015
Doc's Request.
24 NOV 2015 SENT 24 DEC 2015
File Transfer...
30 SEP 2015
Med's Request
NO
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
SOON INSHA ALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
INSHA ALLAH SOON
LANDED..........
INSHA ALLAH SOON
Eagle333 said:
Eagle where are you i am waiting for your response