OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haq ali said:
Hi Eagle
Hope you will good i read your forum since 7 months and i was quite happy to find this helpfull forum as you said that after sending additional documents regarding eligbility maximum time is 3 month for decision. Eagle i did send documents on 24 dec 15 and yet i did not contacted.my question is that is they clear eligbility and check backgroud or what you say where is my application now.Thanks
[/quote

Hello haq ali,

Request your GCMS today you will know where you stand in CIC's scale. I cannot tell you why this is this way or that way? Seriously I urge you to request your notes. Those notes will light up your mind as you are not sure what is going on in your file.

k.kaur

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi Eagle
we r feb applicant..we done MP enquiry .they Saïd same as in gcms notes That eligibility passed ,criminalité nd Security not started bt why we did nt receive remedical request till now as Our médical expired in jan.wt Is reason behind it...pls suggest..we r very depress

Canadianinbrazil

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-04-2016 AOR2 22-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
17-10-16
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-16
LANDED..........
15-11-16
Question: I received my AOR1 on March 30th. I still haven't received an SA email.

Right now, on the sponsor side it says they have received the application, started processing the application on March 29th, and sent me correspondence about the receipt on March 30th.

The PA side has two lines- that they received the application and, last week, it was added that medical results have been received.

Can anyone shed some light on what this means? Is the application likely still in Mississauga or does this mean the VO has received the application?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Canadianinbrazil said:
Question: I received my AOR1 on March 30th. I still haven't received an SA email.

Right now, on the sponsor side it says they have received the application, started processing the application on March 29th, and sent me correspondence about the receipt on March 30th.

The PA side has two lines- that they received the application and, last week, it was added that medical results have been received.

Can anyone shed some light on what this means? Is the application likely still in Mississauga or does this mean the VO has received the application?
it means they are still processing the sponsor application. SA does not come immediately after AOR, so if you haven't heard anything about sponsor approval after the current processing time for sponsor approval has passed, then call CIC. At this point, you are still within the processing time for Sponsor approval, so calling will not be helpful. currently sponsor approval is taking 30-60 days to complete. it is still too early for you to be concerned.

I'd recommend joining the thread specific to March 2016 applicants and tracking who is receiving sponsor approval when.

ratedk8

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
WINNIPEG
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2015
AOR Received.
AOR2 Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Passport Req..
March 30, 2016, DM April 10
VISA ISSUED...
April 15, 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Got DM last April 10.. Hopefully will get the ViSA soon..

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Hi Eagle I have a question about security/background check, On family members form, my wife mistakenly put a wrong address of her sister who is living US and put an old address of an other country where she lived before. Is that a problem? do they find out?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
gabba50 said:
Hi Eagle I have a question about security/background check, On family members form, my wife mistakenly put a wrong address of her sister who is living US and put an old address of an other country where she lived before. Is that a problem? do they find out?
It never hurts to correct mistakes.

What may be important here is whether your wife has lived in the US. If not, and she put the address down, the VO may see this and ask for police reports, but you should not need to produce one because your wife never lived there. If she did live in the US, then it may still matter as it could be a different state. You know what I mean.

Correcting is simple...fill in the form again, sign, scan and upload via case-specific-enquiry system and explain in the box that you made a mistake. If there are quite a few addresses in the past, it can happen. Did you get AOR2 yet? If not, this is a chance to fill out this form with history back to 18 years old and not 10 years (many get asked to do this), so you might as well do it now.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
cheng9999 said:

What may be important here is whether your wife has lived in the US. If not, and she put the address down, the VO may see this and ask for police reports, but you should not need to produce one because your wife never lived there. If she did live in the US, then it may still matter as it could be a different state. You know what I mean.

Correcting is simple...fill in the form again, sign, scan and upload via case-specific-enquiry system and explain in the box that you made a mistake. If there are quite a few addresses in the past, it can happen. Did you get AOR2 yet? If not, this is a chance to fill out this form with history back to 18 years old and not 10 years (many get asked to do this), so you might as well do it now.
Thanks, She never lived in the US, only her sister who isn't even part of this application. You know the form you list your siblings and their address, that where my concern was. Yes we got AOR2 last week, and application shows process now.

k.kaur

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
cheng9999 said:

hi ..pls clearify my doubt about background check.wt they r check in background check..because as I see the current home address in ecas ..it shows that adress of my lawyer...both current home ND mailing address.Is it ok or we should change it...
pls do reply ...m worried

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
k.kaur said:
hi ..pls clearify my doubt about background check.wt they r check in background check..because as I see the current home address in ecas ..it shows that adress of my lawyer...both current home ND mailing address.Is it ok or we should change it...
pls do reply ...m worried
Theres the adress of your lawyer couze at the time of the sponsorship all the information is going directly to him,
theres nothing bad there, couze if you change it, it could be a delay for you aplication, for everybody who is in
the sponsorship aplication the CIC does backgraound check, theres nothing to worry about

Labbadulc

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city / Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
(AOR-1) 23-12-2015 (AOR-2) 21/04/2016
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
17-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Guys, I just received a email that looks like this...

April 21, 2016

UCI: XXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX
Montreal,
XXX XXX
Canada

Ms. XXXXXXXXXX:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office
on 11/02/2015. We have created a file with the application number provided above. You must quote
this application number in any future correspondence.

is this AOR 2??? this was sent by Mexico VO

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Labbadulc said:
Guys, I just received a email that looks like this...

April 21, 2016

UCI: XXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX
Montreal,
XXX XXX
Canada

Ms. XXXXXXXXXX:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office
on 11/02/2015. We have created a file with the application number provided above. You must quote
this application number in any future correspondence.

is this AOR 2??? this was sent by Mexico VO
Yes it is.

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
what should i focus on the gcms notes which section there is so much and im confused.

k.kaur

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi eagle
pls help us ..we r very worried about our file
we r Feb applicant.medical expired in jan2016.bt no remedical request till now.according to gcms ND mp enquiry ..no intrvew,eligibility passed,background check going on...we passed our eligibility on 12 December 2014.after that there is no any update..file location in notes is registry ...pls clear my doubts ND give me some hope pls....pls reply soon

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Eagle333 said:
The NEW IN PROCESS has replaced the old status called APPLICATION RECEIEVED if it says:

IN PROCESS: We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
Medical Results have been received

This way you are not off of the interview's hook yet, they just update your Ecas with those 2 lines they will only show the date they started processing your file when Eligibility passes and background checks have then begun. You will mostly likely see the third line after months and months when your file has matured for PPR and ready for a decision. Hopefully this helped

Warm Regards and good luck
Hi Eagle,

I received SA April 5, 2016 and AOR2 April 15, 2016. A few days later the status on ECAS changed to "In Process" and looks like:

Permanent Residence
1.We received XXXXXXX application for permanent residence on February 25, 2016.
2.We started processing XXXXXXX application on April 13, 2016.
3.Medical results have been received.

Now, based on what you said above about the new in process, you believe that eligibility has passed and we are off the interview hook based on the third line showing when they started processing our application?

I know you also mention that it usually won't appear for months and months until PPR is looming, but we received that line after just 2 weeks from file transfer which has me very confused.

Please give me your opinion.