Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
ImABule said:
Hi Eagle,

I received SA April 5, 2016 and AOR2 April 15, 2016. A few days later the status on ECAS changed to "In Process" and looks like:

Permanent Residence
1.We received XXXXXXX application for permanent residence on February 25, 2016.
2.We started processing XXXXXXX application on April 13, 2016.
3.Medical results have been received.

Now, based on what you said above about the new in process, you believe that eligibility has passed and we are off the interview hook based on the third line showing when they started processing our application?

I know you also mention that it usually won't appear for months and months until PPR is looming, but we received that line after just 2 weeks from file transfer which has me very confused.

Please give me your opinion.

It is normal for ecas to look like this when they are processing your file. You would need to order your gcms notes to know if you have passed interview, but I think it's too early for any info.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Mrschino said:
It is normal for ecas to look like this when they are processing your file. You would need to order your gcms notes to know if you have passed interview, but I think it's too early for any info.
This is what I assumed. However on page one Eagle says they add the date they start processing when eligibility passes. That's why I'm confused because I got that rather quickly as many people seem to have.

phamhainguyen68

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront in Aug 2015
Interview........
Recommend Waived on 05-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016 (received on 21-06-2016)
LANDED..........
Waiting...
ImABule said:
This is what I assumed. However on page one Eagle says they add the date they start processing when eligibility passes. That's why I'm confused because I got that rather quickly as many people seem to have.
Unfortunately, what eagle333 stated in his first post is no longer valid. Throughout the topic, you will see a lot of cases (including ours) which have the same circumstance as yours. Our ECAS has 3 lines like yours and the eligibility has been only recommended passed.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phamhainguyen68 said:
Unfortunately, what eagle333 stated in his first post is no longer valid. Throughout the topic, you will see a lot of cases (including ours) which have the same circumstance as yours. Our ECAS has 3 lines like yours and the eligibility has been only recommended passed.
Furthermore , my ECAS has 4 lines my Eligibility Not Started and my Criminality in Process .

phamhainguyen68

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront in Aug 2015
Interview........
Recommend Waived on 05-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016 (received on 21-06-2016)
LANDED..........
Waiting...
TANMEX said:
Furthermore , my ECAS has 4 lines my Eligibility Not Started and my Criminality in Process .
I assume you use the PA's UCI number to log into the ECAS, is it correct? If so, the fourth line is the statement of AOR2

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
phamhainguyen68 said:
I see. My wife has had 3 lines since AOR2. That's why I didn't understand what Eagle was talking about.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phamhainguyen68 said:
I assume you use the PA's UCI number to log into the ECAS, is it correct? If so, the fourth line is the statement of AOR2
Yes I use the PA's File Number , when I use mine ( sponsor ) It only show 3 lines , SA which I received in December is not updated there .
PA's Ecas :
The 3rd line : we stared processing your application in VO ( Feb 10 )
The 4th line : we sent you an AOR (2) ( Feb. 18 )

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
TANMEX said:
Yes I use the PA's File Number , when I use mine ( sponsor ) It only show 3 lines , SA which I received in December is not updated there .
PA's Ecas :
The 3rd line : we stared processing your application in VO ( Feb 10 )
The 4th line : we sent you an AOR (2) ( Feb. 18 )
This is what my wife's ECAS says:

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on February 25, 2016.
2.We started processing your application on April 13, 2016.
3.Medical results have been received.

We received AOR2 email on April 18

It is exactly the same if I log in with my UCI

aprilpino

Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 10, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 8, 2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
May 18, 2016
LANDED..........
May 28, 2016
Hi Eagle333! It is very generous of you helping everyone in this journey. I was hoping you could comment on my notes and ecas on what you think is happening or possibly a timeline....

App received by CO office Havana: December 8
Started processing on December 10.

In our gcms notes, it states that our eligibility is recommended pass, criminality in progress, security not started, and medical is passed.

In the notes section, was all good things about our relationship and states the the seldec is recommended to be waived.

Our visa office asked for the contract to the police check on December 10, and recieved a few days later. It says the criminality began on December 10. But nothing was touched on the file since the day they wrote in they received the document. Could they even begin the criminality without the contract for the police check? At the time of submission, it wasn't stated to be included until about 3 weeks after.

I appreciate any input! Thank you!

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
phamhainguyen68 said:
My crazy naiveness tells me that most of applications received after Minister of Immigration announced fast family reunification, will be processed differently. There are 3 lines on Encas including IN PROCESS in less than 2 months which used to take several months to appear. am I wrong? :D :D ;D ;D :p :p

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
gabba50 said:
My crazy naiveness tells me that most of applications received after Minister of Immigration announced fast family reunification, will be processed differently. There are 3 lines on Encas including IN PROCESS in less than 2 months which used to take several months to appear. am I wrong? :D :D ;D ;D :p :p

For anyone else who was wondering about SECURITY & CRIMINALITY CHECKS
I copied this information from another Fourm .The information provided by QORAX one of the VIP members :

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Not sure how accurate this is, but it gives us a rough idea!

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
expectin said:
For anyone else who was wondering about SECURITY & CRIMINALITY CHECKS
I copied this information from another Fourm .The information provided by QORAX one of the VIP members :

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Not sure how accurate this is, but it gives us a rough idea!
Thank you so much for this. My husbands security is in process now and I always wondered what that entailed.

My husband has travelled a lot so hopefully this part doesn't take too too long. I'm ready to go home and start our life already.

AreWeDoneYet

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
Passport Req..
June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
Makes me curious how the notes would look for someone who is going through a ARC. Like I feel all the security and criminality checks would be done before approving a arc.

Question once you send your passport in for the request there's more security checks?
Seems so long a time consuming. I've read lots of ppl send their passports in waiting for a retun. Wonder if there stuck in security? Or just bad management

Labbadulc

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city / Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
(AOR-1) 23-12-2015 (AOR-2) 21/04/2016
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
17-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
I kinda got a third line but it's not the same one as everyone else...what would this mean or doesn't mean a thing?

Permanent Residence Application Status:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 2, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 21, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

It doesn't state they are processing anything.

2015sponsor

Apr 26, 2016
Hello Senior members,

I am new to this forum, Police certificate has expired last month, and I have obtained new police certificate...

1. How can I send the police certificate to CIC ? so my sponsorship application gets updated...

2. Upfront Medical has expired too, Shall I wait to get a response from Delhi High commission or just do another full medical exam...

Thank you for your reply