OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jay80 said:
good day eagle,

this post from your thread concerned me a bit. On my eCAS, i was requested to provide a document to which I am not able to produce from one of my dependents. to support my concern on the requested document, I have submitted 3 documents- annulled marriage certificate, birth cert which from where i have not signed as the father and an affidavit waiving the right of my child from PR under my sponsorship. Will the following documents i just mentioned be sufficient enough to support my application?
jay80,

What kind of document request did you get from CIC?

AsWeWait

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-10-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2016
Eagle333 said:
Hello AsWeWait,

Congratulations for you passport request. Lolll I could have told you that PPR was to come before DM if I knew you're not a UK citizen. By and large, I am happy that your file will soon graduate into a visa and CoPR issuance then eCas will say DM. I know you're so excited right now and it feels like Christmas came to early for you lol. I wish you all the best in your life AsWeWait you're a good and patient person.

Best Regards
Thanks Eagle333!
I checked EACS today and it now says DM, however they didn't update anything else.
Hopefully the Pakistani office does not take too long to send the PP back with visa, once she sends it in.
Lol seems like I might have to change my forum name hahaha

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsWeWait said:
Thanks Eagle333!
I checked EACS today and it now says DM, however they didn't update anything else.
Hopefully the Pakistani office does not take too long to send the PP back with visa, once she sends it in.
Lol seems like I might have to change my forum name hahaha
For sure you need to change your forum name now. Congratulations!!!!

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
Hi Eagle333, I'm wondering if you can help me decipher the gcms notes I received today.

Under "ASSESSMENTS", it says:
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed

Under "PAPER FILE":
Office: Manila
(xxxour file numberxxx)

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT:
Assigned to: xxxx
Assigned by: xxxx
Due Date: 2015/12/15

and after a few pages, I see under "ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT"
(some info about case #/name/etc)
Type: Eligibility
Version: 2010-06
Conditional: Yes
Status updated by: xxx
Status updated Date: 2015/09/11
Due date: 2015/10/03

Under "SECURITY" & "CRIMINALITY" (same info)
Status updated date: 2015/08/02
Due Date: 2015/08/31

then after a few more pages:
ACTIVITY 1
(info/etc)
Activity Type: Eligibility
Field Name: Status
New Value: Recommend Passed
Updated date: 2015/09/11

under NOTES, I see that:
- on October 1, 2015 they received the files I sent with the Appendix A Request (not PPR although I am from a non-visa exempt country but I am currently in the US)

- on September 11, 2015, there's some notes about our case: Initial Review - FC 1 SPR is a CC residing in CDA. Married within the last two years. Married on xx Feb 2015. Relationship established. No common child No concerns on identity. No adverse info in FOSS. NBI cert x PA vu 21 March 2016 - NO RECORD FBI cert issued 25 May 2015 - no prior arrest data at the FBI. Does not preclude further criminal history at the state local level PA has been residing in USA since August 2008 to present MEDS x PA vu 12 July 2016 RPRF paid FF docs rqstd by PFL via email: - Appendix A

- on August 26, 2015, about my spouse's sponsorship approval, marriage cert on file, our excess chat records have been shredded (I guess I sent too many haha) and that they forwarded to VO for processing.

----

I apologize for the length. I'm just wondering about what the FCPNP-PUT-AWAY location is and also what the due dates mean? For reference, our ECAS status changed to In Process on August 29, 2015 (and they are both still In Process right now), my spouse got SA confirmation by phone on August 28 and by email on September 10, 2015 and a third line appeared on ECAS saying they started processing my application on September 2, 2015. I received the Appendix A request by email on September 21, 2015.

Thanks so much for your help.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xabibella said:
Hi Eagle333, I'm wondering if you can help me decipher the gcms notes I received today.

Under "ASSESSMENTS", it says:
Eligibility: In Progress

Under "PAPER FILE":
Office: Manila
(xxxour file numberxxx)

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT:
Assigned to: xxxx
Assigned by: xxxx
Due Date: 2015/12/15

and after a few pages, I see under "ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT"
(some info about case #/name/etc)
Type: Eligibility
Version: 2010-06
Conditional: Yes
Status updated Date: 2015/09/11
Due date: 2015/10/03

Under "SECURITY" & "CRIMINALITY" (same info)
Status updated date: 2015/08/02
Due Date: 2015/08/31

then after a few more pages:
ACTIVITY 1
(info/etc)
Activity Type: Eligibility
Field Name: Status
New Value: Recommend Passed
Updated date: 2015/09/11

under NOTES, I see that:
- on October 1, 2015 they received the files I sent with the Appendix A Request (not PPR although I am from a non-visa exempt country but I am currently in the US)

- on September 11, 2015, there's some notes about our case: Initial Review - FC 1 SPR is a CC residing in CDA. Married within the last two years. Married on xx Feb 2015. Relationship established. No common child No concerns on identity. No adverse info in FOSS. NBI cert x PA vu 21 March 2016 - NO RECORD FBI cert issued 25 May 2015 - no prior arrest data at the FBI. Does not preclude further criminal history at the state local level PA has been residing in USA since August 2008 to present MEDS x PA vu 12 July 2016 RPRF paid FF docs rqstd by PFL via email: - Appendix A

- on August 26, 2015, about my spouse's sponsorship approval, marriage cert on file, our excess chat records have been shredded (I guess I sent too many haha) and that they forwarded to VO for processing.

----

I apologize for the length. I'm just wondering about what the FCPNP-PUT-AWAY location is and also what the due dates mean? For reference, our ECAS status changed to In Process on August 29, 2015 (and they are both still In Process right now), my spouse got SA confirmation by phone on August 28 and by email on September 10, 2015 and a third line appeared on ECAS saying they started processing my application on September 2, 2015. I received the Appendix A request by email on September 21, 2015.

Thanks so much for your help.
xabibella,

Before I comment on your post, I have a question for you. When was your was file Received at CPC-M and when was it transferred to your visa office? What does your eCas says? I want the 3 lines and date. Then I will comment.

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
Eagle333 said:
xabibella,

Before I comment on your post, I have a question for you. When was your was file Received at CPC-M and when was it transferred to your visa office? What does your eCas says? I want the 3 lines and date. Then I will comment.
My file was received June 25, 2015. On the gcms, it says they transferred our file to Manila VO on August 28, 2015. On our ECAS it says,
Permanent Residence
1. We received xx's application for permanent residence on June 25, 2015.
2. We started processing xx's application on September 2, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

rugay

Jan 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi eagle333
my ecas shows like this

We received your application for permanent residence on March 2, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 8, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on June 30, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

my vo is manila and im wondering if they gonna ask me for re-med because my medical already expire last november 11 2015.

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Hi Eagle333,
I applied my notes on Oct 20, 2015 , got them on Nov 17, 2015. According to them my Eligibility is not started. When should I re order them? Can you please help. Thanks

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on April 15, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 19, 2015.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

jay80

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2015
Nomination.....
december 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
File Transfer...
june 2016
Med's Request
may 2015/ june 2016
Med's Done....
may 2015/ june 2016
Passport Req..
september 2016
VISA ISSUED...
october 2016 received
LANDED..........
landing before December
Eagle333 said:
jay80,

What kind of document request did you get from CIC?

medical examination from my son whom i have not in contact with for 12 years. I have declared him as dependent thinking that keeping him out from my application would warrant a misrepresentation. downside is my representative have not walked me through my application despite the fact that I have informed them of the situation on my previous marriage. - just giving you a background on my application

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xabibella said:
My file was received June 25, 2015. On the gcms, it says they transferred our file to Manila VO on August 28, 2015. On our ECAS it says,
Permanent Residence
1. We received xx's application for permanent residence on June 25, 2015.
2. We started processing xx's application on September 2, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.
Hi xabibella,

I apologize for the length. I'm just wondering about what the FCPNP-PUT-AWAY location is and also what the due dates mean?

The FCPNP that is the last department which was working on your file then put it away until 2015-12-15 when it will be pick up again for further processing. Your file is on high gear from the time CIC received it in Ontario up to now. You must consider yourself lucky to have a positive GCMS notes compared to others who are looking at your case. Many will agree with me that your file has been catapulted to the sky and don't be surprised to get your visa in the near future. I am amazed to see in short time so much has been done on your file. Rejoice :eek:

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rugay said:
hi eagle333
my ecas shows like this

We received your application for permanent residence on March 2, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 8, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on June 30, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

my vo is manila and im wondering if they gonna ask me for re-med because my medical already expire last november 11 2015.
Hello rugay,

It is up to CIC to request new Medicals or not, so hang tight and watch how things are unfolding. Soon or later you will know what they will do.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj04 said:
Hi Eagle333,
I applied my notes on Oct 20, 2015 , got them on Nov 17, 2015. According to them my Eligibility is not started. When should I re order them? Can you please help. Thanks

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on April 15, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 19, 2015.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:
Good Day rj04,

What does the initial note says in your GCMS? You may have an idea of what the office will likely do in the future.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jay80 said:
medical examination from my son whom i have not in contact with for 12 years. I have declared him as dependent thinking that keeping him out from my application would warrant a misrepresentation. downside is my representative have not walked me through my application despite the fact that I have informed them of the situation on my previous marriage. - just giving you a background on my application
Hi jay80,

OP 2 Processing Members of the Family Class stipulates this:

5.9. Assessing an application
officers must be satisfied that applicants and their family members, whether accompanying or not, are not inadmissible and otherwise meet all requirements of the family class [A11(1)]. Officers must also be satisfied that sponsorship requirements are still met at the time of visa issuance. If a sponsor is no longer eligible, officers must refuse the application except where the application has been approved under A25.

5.10. Non-accompanying family members
Applicants must declare all family members when applying for a visa and must again declare all family members, whether accompanying or not, prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Permanent residents who did not declare all their family members on their application are reportable under A44(1) [see also “Sponsor who may be subject to an A44(1) report” (section 10.5 below) and “Misrepresentation” (section 5.22 below)]. In addition, all family members, whether accompanying or not, must be examined, unless the appropriate officer determines that they are not required by the Act or the former Act to examine the family member [R117(10)]. Family members who were not declared and examined are excluded from the family class and may not be sponsored at a later date as per R117(9)(d) unless R117(10) applies. Non-accompanying family members must undergo medical examinations. They must also establish that they are not inadmissible for criminal or security reasons. If the requirement for minimum necessary income is applicable, sponsors must demonstrate that they can support all family members, including non-accompanying family members. Non-accompanying family members need not be in possession of a passport or travel document.

5.11. Inadmissibility and non-accompanying family members
All family members, whether accompanying the principal applicant or not, are required to be examined unless an officer decides otherwise. Normally, an inadmissible family member, whether accompanying or not, would render the principal applicant inadmissible. There are, however, two exceptions to this rule described in R23. The first is the separated spouse of the applicant and the second is where a child of the applicant who is in the legal custody of someone other than the applicant or an accompanying family member of the applicant, or where someone other than the applicant or accompanying family member of the applicant is empowered to act on behalf of that child by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law. If an applicant’s separated spouse or their children who are in the custody of someone else are inadmissible, their inadmissibility would not render the applicant inadmissible. Because separated spouses can reconcile and custody arrangements for children may change, examination is required in order to safeguard the future right to sponsor them in the family class. If these family members are not examined, they cannot be sponsored in the family class in the future under R117(9)(d) unless R117(10) applies. Satisfactory documentary proof of a separation and of custody being with someone other than the applicant is required. A separation agreement or custody papers are examples of acceptable proof.
Officers will not issue a permanent resident visa to separated spouses, common-law partners or children in the custody of someone else, even if they are examined. This is because separated spouses and partners are not members of the family class as per R117(9)(c) and because children in the custody of someone else are non-accompanying family members.

If these family members are genuinely unavailable or unwilling to be examined, the consequences of not having them examined should be clearly explained to the applicant and reflected in the GCMS notes. Officers may wish to have applicants sign a statutory declaration indicating they understand the consequences of failing to have the family member examined.
See also section 5.12, Exclusion from membership in the Family Class – R117(9)(d), R117(10) and R117(11) below. 5.12. Exclusion from membership in the family class – R117(9)(d), R117(10) and R117(11) (former OM OP 03-19) Under both the previous legislation and under IRPA, both the applicant and the applicant's family members, whether accompanying or not, must meet the requirements of the legislation. There are no exceptions to the requirement that all family members must be declared. With few exceptions, this also means that all family members must be examined as part of the process for achieving permanent residence.

Officers should be open to the possibility that a client may not be able to make a family member available for examination. If an applicant has done everything in their power to have their family member examined but has failed to do so, and the officer is satisfied that they are aware of the consequences of this (i.e., no future sponsorship possible), then a refusal of their application for non-compliance would not be appropriate.

Officers must decide on a case-by-case basis using common sense and good judgment whether to proceed with an application even if all family members have not been examined. Some scenarios where this may likely occur include where an ex-spouse refuses to allow a child to be examined or an overage dependant refuses to be examined. Proceeding in this way should be a last resort and only after the officer is convinced that the applicant cannot make the family member available for examination. The applicant themselves cannot choose not to have a family member examined. The intent of R117(9)(d), R117(10) and R117(11) is to ensure that persons whom the sponsor made a conscious decision to exclude (either by not declaring and/or not having the persons examined) from their own application for permanent residence cannot later benefit by being sponsored by this same person as a member of the family class.

Where, however, the applicant has declared the person and CIC chooses not to examine the family member, for example, because of an administrative decision or for policy reasons, or due to an administrative error, the family member is not excluded from membership in the family class. However, a sponsor cannot sponsor a family member if an officer determined at the time the sponsor previously submitted their application for permanent residence:

1. that the sponsor was informed that the family member could be examined and that the sponsor was able to make the family member available for examination, but did not do so, or
2. that the family member did not appear for examination when he was able to do so.

Many of the family class cases that are currently being processed have a sponsor who immigrated to Canada under the previous legislation. Under the previous legislation, certain persons either did not have to be examined as part of the application or could not be examined due to an administrative policy or decision taken by CIC.
There are two groups of persons who fall into the above category:
 The family members of an applicant for refugee status did not have to be examined as part of the application. (In addition, it should be noted that under the current Regulations, i.e., R176, the non-accompanying family members of a protected person, who is seeking to remain in Canada as a permanent resident, are not required to be examined and therefore should not be excluded from the family class in a subsequent sponsorship).

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
What do you mean by Initial Note? Eagle333?

PAPER FILE
PAPER FILE: 1
Created Date: 2015/04/28 06:56:44
Created By:
Updated Date: 2015/06/19 23:49:56
Updated By:
Primary: Y
Office: New Delhi
Paper File #: F
Archive Date:
FOSS: N

PAPER FILE HISTORY: 1
Created Date: 2015/06/19 23:49:56
Created By:
Updated By:
Paper File #:
Archive Date:

PAPER FILE TRANSFER HISTORY: 4
Created Date: 2015/06/17 04:52:30
Created By:
Updated Date: 2015/06/17 04:52:30
Updated By:
Office: CPC Mississauga
Paper File #:
Transfer ID: T
Transfer Type: Paper File & App
Transfer Outcome: Transferred
Transfer Reason: Eligibility

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj04 said:
What do you mean by Initial Note? Eagle333?

PAPER FILE
PAPER FILE: 1
Created Date: 2015/04/28 06:56:44
Created By:
Updated By:
Primary: Y
Paper File #: F
Archive Date:
FOSS: N

PAPER FILE HISTORY: 1
Created Date: 2015/06/19 23:49:56
Created By:
Updated By:
Paper File #:
Archive Date:

PAPER FILE TRANSFER HISTORY: 4
Created Date: 2015/06/17 04:52:30
Created By:
Updated Date: 2015/06/17 04:52:30
Updated By:
Office: CPC Mississauga
Paper File #:
Transfer ID: T
Transfer Type: Paper File & App
Transfer Outcome: Transferred
Transfer Reason: Eligibility
rj04,

Check the NOTES section of your GCMS if you will be able to see a note with capital letters, if not then that means they have not started the initial review yet.