+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP PhD Graduate Stream 2022 - Processing times & delays

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
OINP is a joke, applied Nov 2021, Req for additional Document May 2022, still decision pending. Good thing I got ITA for Express entry, once I get PPR, I am withdrawing from this BS

deltaV

Dec 22, 2022
I received the nomination letter today :cool:, total days: 87 days from the very very beginning (submit for EOI).
I received the nomination letter today! I think OINP is processing applications on a first come first serve basis. I applied a day after yours and received nomination a day after you received it.

Pitlord1991

Oct 21, 2022
I received the nomination letter today! I think OINP is processing applications on a first come first serve basis. I applied a day after yours and received nomination a day after you received it.
Congrats, they are doing the process faster than the past. i checked the website, there are a lot of forms need to be submitted for non-express entry.

Avi_Mathur

May 21, 2018
@Pitlord1991, @deltaV @alphaparrot @BerryLover @nematodehero I have recently registered EOI for the OINP PhD steam in Jan 2023 and am expecting to receive an invite in the next lottery (possibly end of Feb). I wanted to understand if once we receive the nomination from the province, while applying to IRCC through the non-express entry program, do we need the IELTS/ language requirement proof? (since its not mandatory at least for the OINP PhD steam part)

deltaV

Dec 22, 2022
@Pitlord1991, @deltaV @alphaparrot @BerryLover @nematodehero I have recently registered EOI for the OINP PhD steam in Jan 2023 and am expecting to receive an invite in the next lottery (possibly end of Feb). I wanted to understand if once we receive the nomination from the province, while applying to IRCC through the non-express entry program, do we need the IELTS/ language requirement proof? (since its not mandatory at least for the OINP PhD steam part)
Yes, you need to provide language test score, IELTS/CELPIP, while submitting Non-EE application to IRCC.

Pitlord1991

Oct 21, 2022
No need to provide language test if you do not put any test from the start.

Avi_Mathur

May 21, 2018
@Pitlord1991 That's what I thought. Found several post and people on canadavisa forum who went through the same situation and ended up not giving the IELTS. Still looking for a comprehensive guide for the IRCC part of the process though. Do you mind kindly helping with that while you do yours?

deltaV

Dec 22, 2022
No need to provide language test if you do not put any test from the start.
You could be correct!

As per my interpretation, according to the Non-EE Document Checklist, English language score is mandatory for NOC C and D and PhD graduate stream does not fall under NOC C or D. However, in the document checklist there's another statement in the Language Proficiency section in bold letters which states, "You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to IRCC."

I found no document/webpage where it is specifically mentioned that NOC 0, A or B candidates are required or exempted from submitting language test results.

Please guide me if anyone knows any source to validate this requirement.

Naseer_k

Jan 1, 2019
You could be correct!

As per my interpretation, according to the Non-EE Document Checklist, English language score is mandatory for NOC C and D and PhD graduate stream does not fall under NOC C or D. However, in the document checklist there's another statement in the Language Proficiency section in bold letters which states, "You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to IRCC."

I found no document/webpage where it is specifically mentioned that NOC 0, A or B candidates are required or exempted from submitting language test results.

Please guide me if anyone knows any source to validate this requirement.

Naseer_k

Jan 1, 2019
Hi all,

Need advice. My OINP application (under Phd) stream got notice of intent to refusal and I am asked to submit response within 30 days.

The reason mentioned as "not completing one year of residency in Ontario".

Background and Time line:
EOI submitted : May 3rd 2022
NOI received : October 25th, 2022
Application/Documents Submitted: Nov., 4th, 2022
Received intent of refusal : Feb 1st, 2023

My question is don't they consider/count the residency from the date when you submitted the EOI? or it is counted when you submit the documents(like after getting the NOI)?I had been in Canada before, but during the Covid times (when everything was online), I travelled back to the home country and then while I planned to return, I was stuck as flights ban etc.
I mentioned these reasons with details in additional letter/explanation while I submitted my documents but they say in the letter during the last two years (Nov, 2022 to Nov, 2020), your residency is not one year which shows that they consider the time when the actual application is submitted (after NOI).

My question is :

1. What next steps should I take? If they consider the dates when I submitted the application (after getting the NOI) then yes, their reasoning is correct but if it is considered from the point when I submitted my EOI (May 2022), then I meet the critera. The reason is that IRCC OINP site states that

"3. Residency in Ontario
You must have legally lived in Ontario for at least one year in the past two years before you apply.
Note that your one year of residency can be cumulative. This means that there can be gaps provided that all the periods of residency in Ontario add up to 12 months within the past two years before you apply".

So this phrase of "before you apply" cause misunderstanding to me.

2. Should I write a response and say that I accept their objection and will submit a new application in the same stream.

3. When they give final decision/refusal (if so) as I do not know wht justification is to there from my side?, so do I have to create a new EOI on this portal and can submit a new application under PhD stream (like apply after few months to meet the residency criteria)?

Can any one suggest what should be done to follow up as they ask to submit response within 30 days?

Kindly guide and suggest alternatives if any as this is really upsetting :-(

@Pitlord1991 , @deltaV , @alphaparrot , @nematodehero kindly share your opinions.

Thanks and Regards,

Naseer_k

Jan 1, 2019
Thank you @Pitlord1991 for taking the time and answering my query. Seems I will have to submit a new EOI at a later time.
Congrats to you and everyone here who got their PNP nomination and/or are in the next phases for application.

It is good to have this support forum to seek some guidance and/or opinion from everyone's experience.

Naseer_k

Jan 1, 2019
I would suggest to have the IELTS on a safe side as it will also increase your points. For my application, I submitted my EOI first (without IELTS) and since no draws were happening and it took longer, I gave IELTS and updated my EOI by providing IELTS score. This further increased my points.

Avi_Mathur

May 21, 2018
I would suggest to have the IELTS on a safe side as it will also increase your points. For my application, I submitted my EOI first (without IELTS) and since no draws were happening and it took longer, I gave IELTS and updated my EOI by providing IELTS score. This further increased my points.
I already have 45 points

Reactions: Naseer_k

Naseer_k

Jan 1, 2019
Yes, you need to provide language test score, IELTS/CELPIP, while submitting Non-EE application to IRCC.
@deltaV so does that mean that IELTS results MUST be valid for the whole time when you submit your application to IRCC? and for the whole time till theh final processing?