+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP PhD Graduate Stream 2022 - Processing times & delays

BerryLover

Aug 18, 2022
Just got my nomination letter! Total processing time: 191 days, start to finish.

Now I just have to figure out what it means that the letter says it's not valid for express entry and I have to apply for PR on paper....
Congrats, Bro!
Note that the non-EE federal applications are fully transformed to online now. Just make sure you check the application policy. Good luck!

BerryLover

Aug 18, 2022
Just got my nomination letter! Total processing time: 191 days, start to finish.

Now I just have to figure out what it means that the letter says it's not valid for express entry and I have to apply for PR on paper....
I am curious have they requested any additional document from you in the DIP stage before the final approval?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hello all,

I am currently a PhD student in one of Ontario's public university which is eligible according to the OPINP. I have been in the program in Canada for 2 years. I am considering applying to Ontario PhD stream, but do I need to obtain the degree in order to be eligible for the program?

BerryLover

Aug 18, 2022
Hello all,

I am currently a PhD student in one of Ontario's public university which is eligible according to the OPINP. I have been in the program in Canada for 2 years. I am considering applying to Ontario PhD stream, but do I need to obtain the degree in order to be eligible for the program?
I think it requires you to finish the PhD successfully to apply for OINP. It is good to double-check.

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
updates, I just knew it...After I submitted my PNP full package, I got an EE invitation. Ugh! PNP does not make sense if it took so long to apply. Shall I withdraw the OINP and do EE application instead? I really don't want constrain myself in one place. Thank you

Last edited:

Pitlord1991

Oct 21, 2022
Submitted application for EOI for the PhD Graduate Stream on Oct 21, 2022 with a score of 26 in the EOI system. I have a question,

Since I received a completion letter which says I completed all the requirements for PhD on 15 Oct and my degree will be granted on Feb 2023. Which date should I put in the graduation date box?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Naseer_k

Jan 1, 2019
Submitted application for EOI for the PhD Graduate Stream on Oct 21, 2022 with a score of 26 in the EOI system. I have a question,

Since I received a completion letter which says I completed all the requirements for PhD on 15 Oct and my degree will be granted on Feb 2023. Which date should I put in the graduation date box?

Thanks,
in my case, I put the date of my convocation (when I received the degree), but my convocation was held soon (after around three months when I completed my program) and hopefully you will be attaching the letter stating when you will receive the degree and that you have completed the requirements (in case you donot have the official transcript).

Reactions: Pitlord1991

Naseer_k

Jan 1, 2019

Congrats. That's good for you. Can you share what next steps you took to proceed with express entry after getting the nomination?

Pitlord1991

Oct 21, 2022

Thanks,
Update:

I received invitation to apply (after EOI) in Oct 25, 2022. I applied my full package on Nov 6th, 2022. 21 days "submitted".

Pitlord1991

Oct 21, 2022
in my case, I put the date of my convocation (when I received the degree), but my convocation was held soon (after around three months when I completed my program) and hopefully you will be attaching the letter stating when you will receive the degree and that you have completed the requirements (in case you donot have the official transcript).
Yes the letter from university did not say anything about the exact day of giving your degree. it just said degree will be granted in Feb. I put Feb 1st in the ONIP system. Lets see how it goes.

Pitlord1991

Oct 21, 2022
Yes the letter from university did not say anything about the exact day of giving your degree. it just said degree will be granted in Feb. I put Feb 1st in the ONIP system. Lets see how it goes.
Update: Dec 08, status has changed "all the documents are complete and your application will move to assessment (still Decision In progress). I expect to see status of "assessment" in few days. Lets see

Reactions: brown2030

deltaV

Dec 22, 2022
Update: Dec 08, status has changed "all the documents are complete and your application will move to assessment (still Decision In progress). I expect to see status of "assessment" in few days. Lets see

Any update? Did you receive nomination?
I also submitted my application a day after you, still in "assessment" stage.

deltaV

Dec 22, 2022
I received the nomination letter today :cool:, total days: 87 days from the very very beginning (submit for EOI).
Congrats!!! Please keep posting about next stages. I might need your help in filling the forms once I get my Nomination letter.

Hope I receive it soon.