+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP PhD Graduate Stream 2022 - Processing times & delays

May 8, 2023
I will update you guys as it goes. For now, I just submitted my application in Non-express entry. i do not expect to see any progress soon. I hope in 2 months later, it will change to AOR.
Hello, @Pitlord1991 I am looking forward to your updates on your file. Just a couple of questions: Did you submit any additional supporting documents besides what was required in your PR portal application? As we are filling out the Schedule 4 Economic classes form that asks for encumbered funds, do we need to add proof of funds?

Pitlord1991

Oct 21, 2022
Hello, @Pitlord1991 I am looking forward to your updates on your file. Just a couple of questions: Did you submit any additional supporting documents besides what was required in your PR portal application? As we are filling out the Schedule 4 Economic classes form that asks for encumbered funds, do we need to add proof of funds?
Hi, I put my job offer which explained the total of income which I will receive during a year ahead and also a little bit saving money as proof of fund, but I mean who has 15K cash in his bank for showing a complete proof of fund, right?

From 30 Jan which I submitted everything, on March 20, my application is received and on May 6, they ask me to pay for biometric (lol). This is very very very stupid thing which IRCC is doing now is that they ask to pay for biometric although you have done biometric in past, Like I did biometric in 2018 and it is valid until 2028, the information is just there in their website, but they asked for a new biometric, for both Visa and PR it happened, It also happened to some of other my friends too.

One surprised gift from IRCC is after few weeks from your submission, your profile will show up in your CIC account (LOL), It does not show up automatically, it is something that you need to go into your CIC and manually link your application to that. I mean you need to check it often times to see whether your application is there (lol). This is very very important as all of their communications would be from CIC account and not the website that you submit your profile.

Pitlord1991

Oct 21, 2022
Hello, guys. I just received my Confirmation of Nomation from OINP PhD Stream today. However, I find that "New Worker 09914" under "Name of Occupation and NOC". I am not sure if this will cause troubles in the following applications. Currently, I am unemployed but I write the "Machine Learning Engineer" under "Intented Occupation" in the oinp application. I wonder if there is someone else who face the same situation?
OINP is a very unclear process, when something like this happens, you need to just pray for your application :D. The only thing which I can suggest is that when you submit your application, put your biometric information (make a pdf and upload somewhere) as well otherwise they will ask and it will delay your process.

Zagro3

Jun 26, 2023
Hello guys. I am completing the profile in IRCC (I got my nomination letter OINP PhD stream). There is a question there; I am not sure about that! Should I apply under what program (" economic" or "other")? Which one is related to the graduate Ph.D. stream?

Derek000

May 16, 2023
Hello guys. I am completing the profile in IRCC (I got my nomination letter OINP PhD stream). There is a question there; I am not sure about that! Should I apply under what program (" economic" or "other")? Which one is related to the graduate Ph.D. stream?
economic

miladghaz

Sep 20, 2023
Any update on PhD stream-Ontario PNP?
I have sent my application last month but still "Decision in Progress".
I was expecting to receive the final decision 20-25 days!