kbcware said:
Hi folks, please add me to the list:

FSW outland
App Received: jan 4, 2016
AOR: june 30, 2016 :)
Proactively sent WES ECA duplicate copy on July 2
Nomination waiting

Does anybody know the answer to the following:

1.) I renewed my passport last month because it is expiring by December. My old passport (the one registered in Express Entry and sent to OINP) has already been cancelled. What do I need to do? How do I notify EE and OINP? What documents/forms do I need to send? Would it be by mail/fax/email?

2.) What's the average time nowadays to nomination from AOR date?

3.) I will be going in and out of the country for the next several months. What documents do I need to pre-secure or things I need to do in my home country? Is it possible to go through the rest of the process while travelling abroad? (i.e., while on tour in US)

Thanks in advance for your help!
1. You must complete the Change of Personal Information Form if there are any changes to your personal information, including new passport. This form can be downloaded from the OINP website. Completed forms should be submitted to OINP by mail, fax or email attachment. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPFORMS.html. Along with the form also send scanned copy of your passport. Refer to the Application Guide.

2. These days on an average it takes anywhere between 120-180 days for nominations post AOR.

3. Yes, you can. Just in case if they ask for additional documents, you should be able to submit it.

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Weird reasoning... now they just seem to be pruning the applications randomly..

Starluck

Jul 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The accknowldgment letter they have mailed us clearly says we are required to provide a replacement draft made out to the "Ontario minister of finance" invetered comma clearly mean it's just Ontario minister of finance.. The is not in the inverted comma..my previous draft also had the same name and the new one also had the same

kbcware

Jan 6, 2016
Stanlee said:
1. You must complete the Change of Personal Information Form if there are any changes to your personal information, including new passport. This form can be downloaded from the OINP website. Completed forms should be submitted to OINP by mail, fax or email attachment. Along with the form also send scanned copy of your passport. Refer to the Application Guide.

2. These days on an average it takes anywhere between 120-180 days for nominations post AOR.

3. Yes, you can. Just in case if they ask for additional documents, you should be able to submit it.

Thank you for your help! One more thing, once they ask for my physical passport for stamping, do I have to send it to a specific VFS office in my country of residence? Or can I send it to any VFS office in the world (since I might be in US or elsewhere that time)?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Mallikaasharmaa said:
Okay, Now I am also worried...

Mine says MINISTER OF FINANCE, ONTARIO

???
If the words are as you say, it is definitely a problem. find out what you can do. they dont give you chance to resubmit. call them up and say this was your mistake and if they allow you to send another DD.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
If the words are as you say, it is definitely a problem. find out what you can do. they dont give you chance to resubmit. call them up and say this was your mistake and if they allow you to send another DD.
The payment is going to Canadian Government so Canadian banks wouldn't be that fussy. Minister of Finance, Ontario may also get cleared by the bank but the real problem is OINP back office people who are just throwing back applications and requesting new drafts without even presenting the drafts to banks.

khoi_ke_hoonxa

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
DigitalDestiny said:
The payment is going to Canadian Government so Canadian banks wouldn't be that fussy. Minister of Finance, Ontario may also get cleared by the bank but the real problem is OINP back office people who are just throwing back applications and requesting new drafts without even presenting the drafts to banks.
The whole thing about not being allowed to resubmit is sheer injustice! Such a ruthless approach based on arbitrary parameters; No words to describe this gross mishandling of our applications! I have been trying hard to be resilient to all of this but it's not been easy at all.

I really think we should pursue ways of escalating this (i don't have anything specific to suggest though). .... Few weeks ago, I remember many of us writing to the minister. I find it convenient not to believe it is pure coincidence that OINP sped up processing January applicants.

bbjoshi

Jul 8, 2016
narayanf1 said:
And you guys read from another candidate that his package was returned because he sent a photocopy of the draft. However, he was given a chance to resubmit within 30 days. I don't understand the problem in this case, everything seems to be correct.
Because he was from French speaking category which is still open after May 9.

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
bestofluck said:

I remember showing the lady at the bank the exact words. She looked it up on the computer.
Took a long time for the whole thing and decided to write as she wrote.
Its going to some Toronto dominion bank
and it says in bold lettr Minister of finance, Ontario.

I think, at this point I am gonna wait and watch.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Mallikaasharmaa said:
I remember showing the lady at the bank the exact words. She looked it up on the computer.
Took a long time for the whole thing and decided to write as she wrote.
Its going to some Toronto dominion bank
and it says in bold lettr Minister of finance, Ontario.

I think, at this point I am gonna wait and watch.
okay, hope that works. God bless OINP with some wisdom

you are an March applicant, so even if they return it will be by September. And even if they give you 45 days to re apply it will be like November. In any case they will come out with new quota and you might get new PT. So it is not that serious . As per application guide that application will be deemed incomplete if DD has wrong amount. It does not say wrong name.

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
prashantduggal said:
No one knows exactly when scores will comes down. May be by end of the year there's probability to fulfill the target set by Canadian government.

I would suggest you to reappear for IELTS test and increase your score.

In November, OINP will again start accepting the applications, you can also try submitting your application then.
No further chance to increase score via IELTS, already sitting at 8.5 overall. Can score better in Writing but may not have much impact. Let me wait until Nov. 2016 , may the luck may smile again on me.

My IELTS is expiring on Feb. 2017, if I get PT in nov. 2016 and AOR by June 2017, do i need to give IELTS again ?

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
My New DD was delivered and received on July 18,2016.

I still have not got the receipt from OINP yet :'(

Is it normal? That's 5 business Days. ???

FBack54

May 25, 2015
khoi_ke_hoonxa said:
The whole thing about not being allowed to resubmit is sheer injustice! Such a ruthless approach based on arbitrary parameters; No words to describe this gross mishandling of our applications! I have been trying hard to be resilient to all of this but it's not been easy at all.

I really think we should pursue ways of escalating this (i don't have anything specific to suggest though). .... Few weeks ago, I remember many of us writing to the minister. I find it convenient not to believe it is pure coincidence that OINP sped up processing January applicants.
There is! Call the Ontario Ombudsman's complaint hotline and file a complaint against MCIIT and specifically the OINP. It's the ombudsman office's job to look into procedural delays and mishaps by government departments so they have a lot of power. Think of it like the police for the government. I spoke to the lady there and she said that if anyone has a complaint, they should call the hotline.

babe848

Nov 26, 2015
Hello all, I am a silent follower and I have benefited from this forum. Pls bear with me that I am sharing this late

Application submitted - Jan 7th
Application received - Jan 13th
AOR - May 19th
Nomination - June 2nd
Work Permit expired June 6th, 2016
I applied under masters graduate stream

I was always calling everyday because mywork permit was about to expire which was why I got my nomination kind of early
Additional document request include recent paystub, recent job searches, my professional registration (Educated civil engineer as in PEO and I emailed them that I am only eligible for PEO if I have my PR with attached application guide) and updated proof of fund. Two interviews with question about if I have apply to remain in status because of my expiring work permit.

Thanks