+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP/ Ontario PNP sent in Jan 2016, Lets connect Here

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
TMNK said:
Thanks. No chance I'm giving up on this :)

Did you check the name on DD and the amount?
There are instances where amount was found to be 1506 CAD or 1538 CAD or the spelling mistake in the name. Some banks do not write properly and there was one instance where 1500 CAD looked like 1600 (hand writing problem) but in words it said Fifteen hundred.

Well I don't think anything like this would have happened.

Its just showing inefficiency on their part. They write wrong email ID and don't check it before sending AOR. 10 out of 100 applicants in Dec facing this problem. Even in January group we can see many applicants have still not recd AOR email, which could be the same problem, sent on wrong email ID. The OINP officers are just below standard and playing with the future of applicants. Hope things go smooth and they improve on their services after all they are paid for it. We pay them 16.66 CAD/day for 90 days processing.

TMNK

Jul 23, 2016
No email from OINP, just the return packet through Purolator

Contents:
Cover letter stating incomplete application and I cannot resubmit
2 enclosures:
1. Checklist
2. My complete application

Checklist has the following sections (only Fees has a cross against it):
1. Eligibility
2. Fees
3. Forms
4. Supporting Documents (this has many sub-parts)

Fees section elaborated:
"Payment of CAD$1500 payable to "The Ontario Minister of Finance", drawn on a Canadian Bank. Acceptable methods of payment includes money orders, cashiers/certified cheques, postal money orders, and bank drafts.
The method of payment should be valid for at least six months from the date of receipt of a complete application by the OINP (this is the only sentence in bold)
Please be advised that the program does not accept personal cheques.

So they opened my application and returned it on 18th Jul even though the draft is still valid.
Will go to the bank first thing tomorrow (Monday) and will then write back to OINP. Will keep you all posted!

TMNK

Jul 23, 2016
Hi bestofluck,
The draft looks perfect. I could not have written it out any better :)
I did notice something strange on the checklist though:
Application guide says draft should be issued to "Ontario Minister of Finance".
Checklist says "The Ontario Minister of Finance".
But if this was the issue they should have highlighted this in bold as opposed to the validity.
Also, most of my friends who have received AOR / Pre-AOR had their drafts made out to "Ontario Minister of Finance". So I'm assuming this isn't the issue.
Your thoughts?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
TMNK said:
No email from OINP, just the return packet through Purolator

Contents:
Cover letter stating incomplete application and I cannot resubmit
2 enclosures:
1. Checklist
2. My complete application

Checklist has the following sections (only Fees has a cross against it):
1. Eligibility
2. Fees
3. Forms
4. Supporting Documents (this has many sub-parts)

Fees section elaborated:
"Payment of CAD$1500 payable to "The Ontario Minister of Finance", drawn on a Canadian Bank. Acceptable methods of payment includes money orders, cashiers/certified cheques, postal money orders, and bank drafts.
The method of payment should be valid for at least six months from the date of receipt of a complete application by the OINP (this is the only sentence in bold)
Please be advised that the program does not accept personal cheques.

So they opened my application and returned it on 18th Jul even though the draft is still valid.
Will go to the bank first thing tomorrow (Monday) and will then write back to OINP. Will keep you all posted!
Please update here after you approach the bank.

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TMNK said:
Hi bestofluck,
But if this was the issue they should have highlighted this in bold as opposed to the validity.
Also, most of my friends who have received AOR / Pre-AOR had their drafts made out to "Ontario Minister of Finance". So I'm assuming this isn't the issue.
Your thoughts?
No this should not be the case .. i have got my AOR and draft mentioned Ontario minister of Finance ... there was no "THE".

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
TMNK said:
Hi bestofluck,
Your thoughts?
What do you mean saying " I could not have written....you should have not written the name on paper and given to Bank. you should always show the copy of application guide printed to them and let them copy the name.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
@ TMNK, Thats the mistake !!

Ontario Minister of Finance - The Ontario Minister of Finance

Hope you get another PT in November. Good luck

TMNK

Jul 23, 2016
My draft is made out to "Ontario Minister of Finance".
The checklist they have sent says "The Ontario Minister of Finance".

TMNK

Jul 23, 2016
"I could not have written it any better" ... I was only commenting on the neatness of the draft. The amount in words and figures, the date, the currency, "Payable to", all fields are written out clearly

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
TMNK said:
My draft is made out to "Ontario Minister of Finance".
The checklist they have sent says "The Ontario Minister of Finance".

Ontario Minister of Finance
is the correct name.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
TMNK said:
"I could not have written it any better" ... I was only commenting on the neatness of the draft. The amount in words and figures, the date, the currency, "Payable to", all fields are written out clearly
Okay please visit the bank and do update us. Good luck

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TMNK said:
And you guys read from another candidate that his package was returned because he sent a photocopy of the draft. However, he was given a chance to resubmit within 30 days. I don't understand the problem in this case, everything seems to be correct.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The guide indeed says "the Ontario Minister of Finance" (as it is with bold). However, mine DD was to "Ontario Minister of Finance".

kbcware

Jan 6, 2016
Hi folks, please add me to the list:

FSW outland
App Received: jan 4, 2016
AOR: june 30, 2016 :)
Proactively sent WES ECA duplicate copy on July 2
Nomination waiting

Does anybody know the answer to the following:

1.) I renewed my passport last month because it is expiring by December. My old passport (the one registered in Express Entry and sent to OINP) has already been cancelled. What do I need to do? How do I notify EE and OINP? What documents/forms do I need to send? Would it be by mail/fax/email?

2.) What's the average time nowadays to nomination from AOR date?

3.) I will be going in and out of the country for the next several months. What documents do I need to pre-secure or things I need to do in my home country? Is it possible to go through the rest of the process while travelling abroad? (i.e., while on tour in US)

Thanks in advance for your help!