+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP employer job offer stream 2017

ruic3429

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Thanks. what is inland and outland means?
From my understanding, inland means that your application is processed by visa office in Canada, and you also live in Canada. Usually, applying through inland means that you cannot leave Canada before receiving an result.
Outland applicant means that it's processed by visa office of your country of origin, you can choose to live in Canada or other countries but you might not be able to apply for open work permit in Canada if you apply through outland (I am not 100% sure about this, but I believe so)

ruic3429

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Where exactly did you read that???
The source is not official. I was told by people who went through this process before. Also I read some blogs about this issue. It looks like at a certain point (maybe between AOR and Medical exam), we would receive notifiation from CIC that we cannot leave Canada until a decision has been made. But again, I didn't read this from official docs. I'll update when I get to that step

ksharma516

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
From my understanding, inland means that your application is processed by visa office in Canada, and you also live in Canada. Usually, applying through inland means that you cannot leave Canada before receiving an result.
Outland applicant means that it's processed by visa office of your country of origin, you can choose to live in Canada or other countries but you might not be able to apply for open work permit in Canada if you apply through outland (I am not 100% sure about this, but I believe so)
Thanks, Is that means I cannot travel outside of Canada after sending the application?

bsht

Jun 8, 2016
You are free to travel outside of Canada until CIC tells you not to. Or maybe they will never do
I think you can't make generic statements on this issue. It probably depends on individual status, for example if your work permit expires during PR processing, you may be able to continue working, but if you leave Canada, you'll immediately lose legal status inland and as a consequence, CIC may abandon your application.
CIC web page has the following info:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:
If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.

JayJK

Nov 13, 2016
Hi. Guys.

How long did you get nomination package after changing "Approved" status on your oinp account?

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
The source is not official. I was told by people who went through this process before. Also I read some blogs about this issue. It looks like at a certain point (maybe between AOR and Medical exam), we would receive notifiation from CIC that we cannot leave Canada until a decision has been made. But again, I didn't read this from official docs. I'll update when I get to that step
I am leaving Canada in Sept for 1 month for festival (Diwali in India). Wish me Good Luck to come back!.. lol:p

Reactions: richard.sohal