Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
Hi, I got a nomination in the middle of May and waiting for AOR. My work permit is expired in the end of June next year. I am looking for timing when I apply a closed work permit. Current work permit process time is 197 days. what a terrible!!! I don't want a gap of OHIP in my family. To extend OHIP, I need work permit. So, I am considering to apply closed work permit soon. Is there same status with me?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Biometrics no longer required for some Canadian immigration applicants.

Canada is waiving biometrics requirements for permanent residence applicants who submitted biometrics in the last 10 years.

Reactions: rfc_club

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
yep, hope everything goes positive like you mentioned, that's all of us wanted, however, the key point here is, how IRCC knows that the applicants lost their jobs, more likely the applicants will not report this to IRCC on their own bat, neither their ex-employers. In the second part of the announcement, it mentions that provinces and territories are responsible to report this, then it means there shall be some process for the PNP to re-validate the nominees whether they still have valid job to support the nomination, this of course will take time, so the main concern is will both IRCC and province take some date as deadline to complete this re-validation process before IRCC continue?
As per the nomination letter, both, employee and employer, have the obligation to inform the province if the job is terminated. If not, the nominee can incur in misrepresentation.
The second part of the announcement says "Provinces are responsible for advising the applicant that IRCC will put their PNP application on hold"... that is... the province must inform the nominee that the application is on hold until he/she gets a new job.

Last edited:

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Guys,

I've received my passed medical last Thursday...

I requested the GCM notes today... But I requested the one that we don't need to pay... What's the difference between them?

I think that now I will need just to wait, wait, wait, wait... right?
Did you get medical request? I am still waiting for MR.

Reactions: J20190911

gradApplicant_2020

Jun 2, 2020
You need a valid job offer as well as meet the requirements of the stream. You can read all about these here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-1 Note that this stream is about to undergo significant changes, so all of this could be out of date soon.

Generally speaking, I believe most of the outland candidates in this thread are working for companies who have offices in Canada and are transferring. For myself, I was already in and working in Canada and asked my employer to sponsor me. Getting an employer to sponsor you in Canada, without having worked for them previously and not being physically located in Canada yourself is going to be incredibly difficult.

Depending on what your country of origin is, I would suggest looking into alternate ways to start working in Canada (Working holiday, LMIA, etc) these can range from easy to hard in difficulty to get approved for and will get you closer to PR.
You need a valid job offer as well as meet the requirements of the stream. You can read all about these here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-1 Note that this stream is about to undergo significant changes, so all of this could be out of date soon.

Generally speaking, I believe most of the outland candidates in this thread are working for companies who have offices in Canada and are transferring. For myself, I was already in and working in Canada and asked my employer to sponsor me. Getting an employer to sponsor you in Canada, without having worked for them previously and not being physically located in Canada yourself is going to be incredibly difficult.

Depending on what your country of origin is, I would suggest looking into alternate ways to start working in Canada (Working holiday, LMIA, etc) these can range from easy to hard in difficulty to get approved for and will get you closer to PR.

Thank you for your valuable information. Working holiday is not applicable for me as there is maximum age limit of 35 years. Maybe, I can give a try for LMIA for openings in finance sector. Would be grateful if you have any inputs related to this.

Sep 23, 2020
Hi folks

I am a software engineer and my NOC job code is 2174.
I moved to Toronto in May 2019 with ICT(Intercompany transfer) with 3 years closed work permit.
I finished one year working in Canada in May 2020. I worked in India for the same position for the last 6 years.
So I think I am eligible for OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream.

I have a job offer as I am already working.
I created an Express entry profile and I see that my score is 443 if I mention that I have a valid job offer.
This score is not sufficient to get an invitation in the express entry draw.

So I am thinking to apply for OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream.
Am I eligible?

Sep 23, 2020
OINP Foreign Worker
Submitted - Aug 03, 2020
Assesment- Aug 15, 2020
Decision in Progress - Sept 22, 2020
Hi how are you

I moved to Toronto in May 2019 with ICT(Intercompany transfer) with 3 years closed work permit.
I finished one year working in Canada in May 2020. I worked in India for the same position for the last 6 years.

I created an Express entry profile and I see that my score is 443 if I mention that I have a valid job offer.

Am I eligible?

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hi folks

Am I eligible?
Hi Harsha, you can still get an invitation to apply for PR under CEC (not FSW) with that score. I hope your express entry reflects this fact that you are CEC eligible.

In this stream under OINP, your employer needs to fully cooperate and include some confidential information about the company. You cannot just completely apply on your own in this stream. Also note that this nomination is not express entry eligible, meaning you won't get 600 points. You need to withdraw the Express entry profile and apply via what is called Paper PR in this stream. No need of IELTS or WES under this OINP foreign worker stream. Also note that this stream is undergoing significant changes soon. So beware of the latest updates. All the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfc_club

sina_msi

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hello all,

I want to translate my birth certificate and marriage certificate and send it to IRCC as a part of my application
Can I translate it by a translator in my country or it is better to translate the document by an Ontario Licenced translator in Canada?
Also, are there any requirements (from IRCC) for a translator in my country to translate the documents?

Thanks

pdrlins

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hi, I got a nomination in the middle of May and waiting for AOR. My work permit is expired in the end of June next year. I am looking for timing when I apply a closed work permit. Current work permit process time is 197 days. what a terrible!!! I don't want a gap of OHIP in my family. To extend OHIP, I need work permit. So, I am considering to apply closed work permit soon. Is there same status with me?
Use your closed work permit letter in the en
Hello all,

I want to translate my birth certificate and marriage certificate and send it to IRCC as a part of my application
Can I translate it by a translator in my country or it is better to translate the document by an Ontario Licenced translator in Canada?
Also, are there any requirements (from IRCC) for a translator in my country to translate the documents?

Thanks
In the manual of application, they say that you have to use an Ontario licenced translator. I used docbase.

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
sina_msi said:
sina_msi said:
Hello all,

Thanks
Use your closed work permit letter in the en

In the manual of application, they say that you have to use an Ontario licenced translator. I used docbase.
I believe you can use local translator, if local translator has affidavit and certified by a notary public. Of course we can save some headache by using licensed/certified translator, and your language is popular like Spanish, Hindu, Chinese, Portuguesses, German etc .
Btw I have some questions:
- For certify true copies, is it OK to use black/white copies or must use color copies ?
- For passport, do we need to certify true copies all pages or just picture page and Canada page ?
- For police certificate, application package mentioned that I need to request new PC, since PC just has valid date in 1 year. However, EE mentioned that you can submit old PC if it is after 6 months when u leaving that country. So my question here is it OK to submit old certificate or just process with new police certificate, because paper stream is different to EE ?
If the translation is not done by a certified translator (a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial association of translators and interpreters in Canada), you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator.

An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a person authorized to administer oaths in the country where the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.

Translators who are certified in Canada don’t need to supply an affidavit.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

In Canada:

• a notary public
  • a commissioner of oaths
  • a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020
Hi Harsha, you can still get an invitation to apply for PR under CEC (not FSW) with that score. I hope your express entry reflects this fact that you are CEC eligible.

In this stream under OINP, your employer needs to fully cooperate and include some confidential information about the company. You cannot just completely apply on your own in this stream. Also note that this nomination is not express entry eligible, meaning you won't get 600 points. You need to withdraw the Express entry profile and apply via what is called Paper PR in this stream. No need of IELTS or WES under this OINP foreign worker stream. Also, note that this stream is undergoing significant changes soon. So beware of the latest updates. All the best.
Thanks for the reply.
I see that the last two CEC draws scores are July 23rd 445(CEC) August 20th 454(CEC).
But my score is 443 only. So I am assuming the next CEC draw cutoff will be more than my score.

Regarding the OINP Foreign worker stream, If I just get PNP and no 600 points, how can i get PR? Could you please explain?
Where can I get the latest/future updates on the changes in this stream?

OINP HCP, it looks like the only the province will send a notification, but i can't apply by myself.
Is there any other OINP steam that will work for me?

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
hi Guys,

IRCC just announced that PR Applicants are exempted from Biometrics who has both i) new or pending application and ii)given biometrics in the last 10 years.

now the question is: only the applicants are exempt? what about spouse and kids do they still have to do their biometrics?