+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

Leomedeiros

Aug 6, 2020
You guys miss understood,
My previous employer not supporting to apply oinp ,so i have found a new employer he supported through the whole Oinp process , I got nomination from his support , I am going to move approved nomination where i got from .
Thank you. Sorry about that.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
OINP Profile Created: July 21, 2020
OINP Submitted: August 3, 2020
OINP Assessment: August 20, 2020
Additional Documents Request (from Employer): August 27, 2020
Additional Documents Submitted: August 28, 2020
OINP DIP: September 11, 2020
OINP Application Approved: September 25, 2020

Varindersohal

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
Congrats

Island_man

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Congratulations , Are you Inland or outland applicant ?

CEC- Bob

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
You need a valid job offer as well as meet the requirements of the stream. You can read all about these here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-1 Note that this stream is about to undergo significant changes, so all of this could be out of date soon.

Generally speaking, I believe most of the outland candidates in this thread are working for companies who have offices in Canada and are transferring. For myself, I was already in and working in Canada and asked my employer to sponsor me. Getting an employer to sponsor you in Canada, without having worked for them previously and not being physically located in Canada yourself is going to be incredibly difficult.

Depending on what your country of origin is, I would suggest looking into alternate ways to start working in Canada (Working holiday, LMIA, etc) these can range from easy to hard in difficulty to get approved for and will get you closer to PR.
I definitely agree with you , There will be a big change on ranking system (EOI) especially for foreign worker stream , I believe Actual canada work experience - being already worked in canada - or Having LMIA should give more point

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
I definitely agree with you , There will be a big change on ranking system (EOI) especially for foreign worker stream , I believe Actual canada work experience - being already worked in canada - or Having LMIA should give more point
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday there was an online session by OINP (I don’t have any source, but i was told by someone). In the session they have mentioned that after this “EOI system” proposal passes it will take technical team 8-10 months to develop the system. So, EOI system is not coming until at least mid next year.
Another thing discussed in the session was that OINP is planning to open International student stream and foreign worker stream again this year.

Last edited:

CEC- Bob

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday there was an online session by OINP (I don’t have any source, but i was told by someone). In the session they have mentioned that after this “EOI system” proposal passes it will take technical team 8-10 months to develop the system. So, EOI system is not coming until at least mid next year.
Another thing discussed in the session was that OINP is going to open International student stream and foreign worker stream again this year.
Thanks for update

Is that means foreign worker and students program will open again this year with the same old system (first come first served)?

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Thanks for update

Is that means foreign worker and students program will open again this year with the same old system (first come first served)?
Yes, I believe it will be the same old system if these streams opens up.

In my opinion, the reason for their plan reopen these streams is that there were so many applicants who withdrew their files because later they found out they weren’t eligible or their employer did not want to support them.

CEC- Bob

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Thanks a lot
You really help me - I hope I could register my name this time - I am working in canada more than 2 years with positive LMIA

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
They normally meet the allocation in October/November, so if there are more draws scheduled they're running out of time (they can take up to 120 days to process). Do you know anything about the master's graduate stream? I'm starting to suspect that due to the labour market impact Covid-19 has had, there's a chance the stream doesn't open at all this year.
Well as per past trends, if they have extra applicants they move them to next year’s allocation.

They basically said Employer Job offer streams, so master’s graduate stream is one of them. They could just open any one of them who knows.