+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

hj2019

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
For applications before March 18, 2020 only. Means who submitted and lose their job by COVID, they will have 2nd chance if they can find a full-time job before March 21, 2021.
correct, but the problem is whether IRCC will hold on all applications till next Mar 17 make sure that the application still has valid job(no hold request received by then means the application still valid), or only hold those they already received the on hold request from PNP?
I heard some rumor that this might give them excuse to delay the process due to less capability to handle the case during pandemic, hope this is just a rumor.

hj2019

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hello everybody,

I've received my GCMS notes today (requested Aug 27). As per it:
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info sharing: Complete

Anxiously waiting :)

OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
Submitted:
Sep 5 2019 / Assessment: Oct 2 2019 / DIP: Oct 9 2019 / Nomination: Nov 1 2019

PR Provincial Nominee (paper based application) inland
Submitted:
Nov 12 2019
AR: Nov 15 2019
AOR: Feb 3 2020
Biometrics: Exempted
Pre Arrival Services Letter: March 10, 2020
Medical Request: Upfront June 25th, 2020
Medical Approved: July 07, 2020
best wish to you, btw, do you know what's mean for 'Ready for PS'? thanks.

Reactions: Fonca

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hello everybody,

I've received my GCMS notes today (requested Aug 27). As per it:
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info sharing: Complete

Anxiously waiting :)

OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
Submitted:
Sep 5 2019 / Assessment: Oct 2 2019 / DIP: Oct 9 2019 / Nomination: Nov 1 2019

PR Provincial Nominee (paper based application) inland
Submitted:
Nov 12 2019
AR: Nov 15 2019
AOR: Feb 3 2020
Biometrics: Exempted
Pre Arrival Services Letter: March 10, 2020
Medical Request: Upfront June 25th, 2020
Medical Approved: July 07, 2020
Only security left!!!

Reactions: Fonca

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
correct, but the problem is whether IRCC will hold on all applications till next Mar 17 make sure that the application still has valid job(no hold request received by then means the application still valid), or only hold those they already received the on hold request from PNP?
I heard some rumor that this might give them excuse to delay the process due to less capability to handle the case during pandemic, hope this is just a rumor.
I don't think so.
You told it... they are rumours. Either people like to talk BS, or they don't know how to interpret a simple text.

The text says:
"..enables provincial and territorial jurisdictions to request that a PNP application be placed on hold in cases where an applicant has experienced a job loss in Canada as a result of the pandemic. This measure aims to provide applicants with time to find new employment."

The text is clear enough! o_O
Where in the earth says they have stopped or will stop all applications?
I think we should be happy with this, instead of being in panic. Many applicants lost their job, and this notice means that they will no withdraw any application because of that, and they will give them the opportunity to continue the process.
They are not our enemy looking how to f*ck us!

Last edited:

hj2019

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
I don't think so.
You told it... they are rumours. Either people like to talk BS, or they don't know how to interpret a simple text.

The text says:
"..enables provincial and territorial jurisdictions to request that a PNP application be placed on hold in cases where an applicant has experienced a job loss in Canada as a result of the pandemic. This measure aims to provide applicants with time to find new employment."

The text is clear enough! o_O
Where in the earth says they have stopped or will stop all applications?
I think we should be happy with this, instead of being in panic. Many applicants lost their job, and this notice means that they will no withdraw any application because of that, and they will give them the opportunity to continue the process.
They are not our enemy looking how to f*ck us!
yep, hope everything goes positive like you mentioned, that's all of us wanted, however, the key point here is, how IRCC knows that the applicants lost their jobs, more likely the applicants will not report this to IRCC on their own bat, neither their ex-employers. In the second part of the announcement, it mentions that provinces and territories are responsible to report this, then it means there shall be some process for the PNP to re-validate the nominees whether they still have valid job to support the nomination, this of course will take time, so the main concern is will both IRCC and province take some date as deadline to complete this re-validation process before IRCC continue?

andrecarlos

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Guys,

I've received my passed medical last Thursday...

I requested the GCM notes today... But I requested the one that we don't need to pay... What's the difference between them?

I think that now I will need just to wait, wait, wait, wait... right?

Reactions: dthap and Fonca

gradApplicant_2020

Jun 2, 2020
Hi All,

I am new to this OINP program. I am outside canada and would like to know whether people like me can apply for this.

If yes, I read in the portal that we need to get job offer. What are the ways to get a job offer from a canadian employer?

Will they recruit a foreign national in this pandemic?

Reactions: J20190911

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
Guys,

I've received my passed medical last Thursday...

I requested the GCM notes today... But I requested the one that we don't need to pay... What's the difference between them?

I think that now I will need just to wait, wait, wait, wait... right?
they are basic the same information . Good luck!

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I am new to this OINP program. I am outside canada and would like to know whether people like me can apply for this.

If yes, I read in the portal that we need to get job offer. What are the ways to get a job offer from a canadian employer?

Will they recruit a foreign national in this pandemic?
You need a valid job offer as well as meet the requirements of the stream. You can read all about these here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-1 Note that this stream is about to undergo significant changes, so all of this could be out of date soon.

Generally speaking, I believe most of the outland candidates in this thread are working for companies who have offices in Canada and are transferring. For myself, I was already in and working in Canada and asked my employer to sponsor me. Getting an employer to sponsor you in Canada, without having worked for them previously and not being physically located in Canada yourself is going to be incredibly difficult.

Depending on what your country of origin is, I would suggest looking into alternate ways to start working in Canada (Working holiday, LMIA, etc) these can range from easy to hard in difficulty to get approved for and will get you closer to PR.

sina_msi

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hello all,

I have a question about the police clearance certificate as I got my nomination confirmation letter and want to submit my documents to IRCC. I am submitting my application to IRCC and need a police clearance certificate from each country that I have been there for more than 6 months. My back home country said that I need to do the fingerprint in Canada and send it to them to give me the police certificate. My question is that do I need to get one more print for the Canada part as I have been here for 3 years?
Do I need to get a police clearance certificate only or is there any difference between PCC and RCMP check as I wanna do it at the commissionaire office.

Thanks