OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
OINP sent my husbands employer a final request Letter to show the efforts made to recruit him. He was on implied status when the employer gave him job offer. Can anyone help how to tackle this situation. the letter states intent to refuse. 29 days from today we have to submit proof of recruitment efforts. Any help will be appreciated.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
OINP sent my husbands employer a final request Letter to show the efforts made to recruit him. He was on implied status when the employer gave him job offer. Can anyone help how to tackle this situation. the letter states intent to refuse. 29 days from today we have to submit proof of recruitment efforts. Any help will be appreciated.
What method was this sent via - registered post or email?

Implied status could be what is causing you issues here - the guide states you must be on a valid work permit OR have a positive LMIA as part of the job offer.

Can you explain what you mean by he was on implied status? Implied status is when you have been on a work permit, and you have applied for a new one but it has expired in the meantime. What work permit would he have applied for if he is not PR / have nomination?

In any case the request from OINP sounds straight forward enough - the employer should show what methods they used for recruitment - postings on linkedin, Indeed, job boards etc, how many people they interviewed, why he was a good candidate.

You may want to consult an immigration lawyer to do this, though.

Edited: added more about implied status

Last edited:

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019

Implied status could be what is causing you issues here - the guide states you must be on a valid work permit OR have a positive LMIA as part of the job offer. In any case the request from OINP sounds straight forward enough - the employer should show what methods they used for recruitment - postings on linkedin, Indeed, job boards etc, how many people they interviewed, why he was a good candidate.

I agree, from what I know we are not supposed to change jobs or start a new one while in implied status.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....

Implied status could be what is causing you issues here - the guide states you must be on a valid work permit OR have a positive LMIA as part of the job offer.

Can you explain what you mean by he was on implied status? Implied status is when you have been on a work permit, and you have applied for a new one but it has expired in the meantime. What work permit would he have applied for if he is not PR / have nomination?

In any case the request from OINP sounds straight forward enough - the employer should show what methods they used for recruitment - postings on linkedin, Indeed, job boards etc, how many people they interviewed, why he was a good candidate.

He was on spouse open work permit. before his work permit expired he applied for study permit to be on implied status. He worked for the same employer for now three years. Last March when OINP opened, he was unsuccessful to get in. This time successfully registered but on implied status. Recruiting him was in 2017 by his employer and the employer hired few people in last two months but no one stayed. He is having all requirements for the job. Baker with 11 plus years of experience and diploma in hotel management.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....

Correspondence via email to the employer and OINP cc’d hubby!

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
He was on spouse open work permit. before his work permit expired he applied for study permit to be on implied status. He worked for the same employer for now three years. Last March when OINP opened, he was unsuccessful to get in. This time successfully registered but on implied status. Recruiting him was in 2017 by his employer and the employer hired few people in last two months but no one stayed. He is having all requirements for the job. Baker with 11 plus years of experience and diploma in hotel management.
They may just be unsatisfied with the original documentation provided, I imagine these types of roles aren't as heavily advertised as professional level roles would be. Employer just may need to provide more details and add that they have a hard time keeping people. My employer added a note explaining how difficult it was to hire and retain people in my role on my application.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
They may just be unsatisfied with the original documentation provided, I imagine these types of roles aren't as heavily advertised as professional level roles would be. Employer just may need to provide more details and add that they have a hard time keeping people. My employer added a note explaining how difficult it was to hire and retain people in my role on my application.
Can I pm you?

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Can I pm you?
Sorry that's about the limit of my knowledge on this - I don't even have my OINP app approved yet so I may not be the best person to speak with. You could try talking with an immigration lawyer - it may be your best option here. I can recommend you one who will do a consult for about $150CAD.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Sorry that's about the limit of my knowledge on this - I don't even have my OINP app approved yet so I may not be the best person to speak with. You could try talking with an immigration lawyer - it may be your best option here. I can recommend you one who will do a consult for about $150CAD.
That’s ok. I appreciate your efforts to explain this. May I ask your help just to know what your employer mentioned in the letter... I only need an idea, so that I can draft it accordingly.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
That’s ok. I appreciate your efforts to explain this. May I ask your help just to know what your employer mentioned in the letter... I only need an idea, so that I can draft it accordingly.
I was mistaken, I have sent you in PM the section of the form which I mentioned above. This doesn't refer to recruitment efforts, though as I am already on a work permit.

In your case because your husband is not on a work permit and instead was on implied status for a study permit, I think you will need an LMIA. You can't work full time on a study permit.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
I was mistaken, I have sent you in PM the section of the form which I mentioned above. This doesn't refer to recruitment efforts, though as I am already on a work permit.

In your case because your husband is not on a work permit and instead was on implied status for a study permit, I think you will need an LMIA. You can't work full time on a study permit.
Actually he did not receive any decision on his application for study either.

Preet2020

Sep 16, 2020
Hi my oinp inland as in demand skills job offer timeline-

Submitted - July 23,2020
ADR (updated version of employer form) -July 31,2020
Assesment-August 11,2020
Waiting for information -August 20,2020
Assesment-September 12,2020
Awaiting information from employer -September 15 ,2020
Awaiting information submitted - September 16,2020
Assesment-September 16,2020 at night
Decision in Progress-September 16,2020
Approval - waiting

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......

Submitted - July 23,2020
Assesment-August 11,2020
Approval - waiting
when you moved to Waiting for Information on Aug 20, did you get any notifications or requests? Mine was the same but it has not updated since. I wonder what they're checking?

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020

Submitted - July 23,2020
Assesment-August 11,2020
Approval - waiting
Hello
My wife is applying through this stream this weekend. Seeing people doing the same makes us happy because we are a rare species!