+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

hj2019

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hello guys,
hope you all doing great and keep safe, is there any update from your side recently, is there any way to know whether background check is started or not yet? no idea whether IRCC still keep handling our cases under current situation.
thanks.

Br,
HJ

Reactions: J20190911

luxixi

Aug 31, 2019
Hello guys,
hope you all doing great and keep safe, is there any update from your side recently, is there any way to know whether background check is started or not yet? no idea whether IRCC still keep handling our cases under current situation.
thanks.

Br,
HJ
Hi Hj2019,
In myimmitracker there is no new AOR received after March 15th, 2020.
Many agents expect IRCC stop working now.
The hope is the situation will end soon!

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
Hello everybody!

I hope everyone is safe at home.

I think IRCC is still working, my process is currently at 28%, and some weeks there were an increase of 2%, which means it is not automatic.

I've also noticed that the information about extra documentation dropped the info saying that they would send a message if that changed, which I also get that means that they've already checked that.

Let's hope they are doing all parts but the medical exams, so that our processes could advance even though everything else stopped.

These are difficult times to every single person, let's keep our minds positive!

I'd love to hear from you guys, how's everybody??;)

ale.qiu10

Apr 18, 2020
Hello guys, I hope you can help me out.

I have an EE profile with 437 points under the CEC with one year of working experience, In July this year I will be completing 2 years of working experience, therefore, my points will go up to 462.

On March 3, I was lucky enough to register for OINP: International Student Stream. The reason why I did this its because the points in EE were really high and I lost hope, but recently I believe due to COVID19 the points have been dropping.

So currently I am in the EE pool and my application for OINP is processing, apparently it takes about 30-90 days to get a nomination, so I will be assumed that I should be nominated around June.

If I get the nomination before getting an ITA from IRCC,

1. Can I still get an ITA from IRCC even though I have a nomination?
2. Can I wait about a month to see if I get an ITA on my EE profile?
3. Can I cancel my nomination after it has been issued?

I don’t really want to do the paper-based process because it takes long time, but I will do it if I don’t get an ITA.

Thank you!

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
Well right now everything is slow. It's always up to you what you want to do. You decide before buy ticket for faster train or slower train but eventually both trains will meet same station. At this time think about you and your family safety so apply anything you eligible and than wait for the train.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hello everybody!

I hope everyone is safe at home.

I think IRCC is still working, my process is currently at 28%, and some weeks there were an increase of 2%, which means it is not automatic.

I've also noticed that the information about extra documentation dropped the info saying that they would send a message if that changed, which I also get that means that they've already checked that.

Let's hope they are doing all parts but the medical exams, so that our processes could advance even though everything else stopped.

These are difficult times to every single person, let's keep our minds positive!

I'd love to hear from you guys, how's everybody??;)
Hi Fonca, I am doing ok.. Waiting for my WP still. Applied in Feb last week. Employer is supporting as of today, so thats the only good news.

Regarding the progress, the days remaining and percentage remaining do not divide exactly. So, that's why you see 2% increase sometimes, to compensate, like a leap year. Sorry to spoil your party with this info ;). Having said that, your file seems to be the most happening file around :).

Reactions: J20190911 and Fonca

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Hello guys, I hope you can help me out.

I have an EE profile with 437 points under the CEC with one year of working experience, In July this year I will be completing 2 years of working experience, therefore, my points will go up to 462.

On March 3, I was lucky enough to register for OINP: International Student Stream. The reason why I did this its because the points in EE were really high and I lost hope, but recently I believe due to COVID19 the points have been dropping.

So currently I am in the EE pool and my application for OINP is processing, apparently it takes about 30-90 days to get a nomination, so I will be assumed that I should be nominated around June.

If I get the nomination before getting an ITA from IRCC,

1. Can I still get an ITA from IRCC even though I have a nomination?
2. Can I wait about a month to see if I get an ITA on my EE profile?
3. Can I cancel my nomination after it has been issued?

I don’t really want to do the paper-based process because it takes long time, but I will do it if I don’t get an ITA.

Thank you!
I was in same situation but I decided to withdraw from OINP after ITA was received. Luckily, it was not in an 'Assessment' phase so, I got the full refund.

You might know that ONIP is the province program not by Federal Gov. An Express Entry is conducted by Federal/IRCC. So, you are free to apply both, However; few things to note considering both Ontario and IRCC work hand-in-hand with regards to the immigration rules/applications.

When you will get an ITA, there will be an questionnaire you will complete to let IRCC know that if you have received some province nomination. Let's say- you mentioned 'Yes'-- Job based ONIP nomination will give you zero extra points but IRCC will come to know that you have ONIP nomination & Ontario province will also find you have ITA.

Let's say you provide response 'No' because application is still in process -- If you might know concept of NOI, province do look up at Express Entry profiles and eligible ones get NOI. This way, they can still find if someone has an active OINP application.

Now, Let's say you found a way to hide it from both province & IRCC. Will it have an impact on both nomination or PR? -- May be Not. Province may cancel the ongoing/approved nomination but PR application will still be processed.

Please read other online forums on this topic and decide. I have mentioned based on information I had collected. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

lamariposa

Apr 22, 2019
hi guys, happy to see everyone still active here! havnt been on the forum for a while. and guess im the last one who sent the package finally (apr 21). Due to the virus, i been temporarily laid off for shortage of work too and 90% of my whole company's employees have the same situation and got their ROE. (not essential business). and I was the last one to leave and last working day was Mar.20, in this case, do we have to notify Ontario province for this update? but we ll be back to the office once the government allows the inessential business to reopen.
2nd, due to im in my 2nd trimester pregnancy and was planning to apply for maternity+parental leave in coming JUL/AUG, will this leave affect my PR application as it official says about 50 weeks? I suppose will back to office on June, and take leave on Aug as latest as my due in Oct. what should I do if the maternity/parental leave would affects my PR application? since I need this leave but i can do it shorter to make it safe. just no idea how long am I able to take..

again,appreciated for any of your advices! stay safe&healthy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fonca and J20190911