+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

lamariposa

Apr 22, 2019
Thanks GG! i do have completed 52 weeks and much more than that, does that means If I apply for the EI due to Covic19 at this time , I will have to accumulate another 52 weeks when wait for applying the maternity leave EI? (with same position,sample employer,nth will be changed), btw, my current WP & SIN valid till May 2021, so I guess I do not have to renew that at this moment?

which more important is ,the both LEAVES will not affect our PR application rite? as the employer &position does not change.

Zero Impact to PR due to pregnancy/new child added but I cannot comment if employment situation changes. Experts can comment on that--
Foreign workers can also apply to EI. One must have worked for 52 weeks before stop working (or taking a maternity leave) or losing the job of his/her no fault. By June'2020, If you don't complete 52 weeks working then you will not get EI from Fed. Gov. But if you are Full time employee, then eligible to get Ontario province funded EI ( 40 to 50% of your salary) if you complete ~4 months FTE work before starting the maternity leave. HR generally calculates that date and get ready with the paper-work.

Note: EI is tied with SIN number so, if that is expiring soon then it make sense to extend it now ( meaning get the WP visa done). Employer knows when your SIN is expiring. EI benefit continues once SIN is extended but to do so, it adds some documentation & extra commutation with Service Ontario.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Thanks GG! i do have completed 52 weeks and much more than that, does that means If I apply for the EI due to Covic19 at this time , I will have to accumulate another 52 weeks when wait for applying the maternity leave EI? (with same position,sample employer,nth will be changed), btw, my current WP & SIN valid till May 2021, so I guess I do not have to renew that at this moment?

which more important is ,the both LEAVES will not affect our PR application rite? as the employer &position does not change.
As long as 52 weeks are complete and you are stopping the work for one of the valid reasons that I mentioned on my previous response- You quality for EI.
Your EI application will be reviewed to see if that meets an eligibility. So, do some research to find if Covic19 is one of the valid reasons in your case. I have not done my research for that yet lol .. You can also be eligible for Ontario province benefits as well, check with employer. Whenever you determine the date you would like to the stop work, create an online account prior to that date & complete the registration. You will have an option to distribute benefit % ( maternity vs. paternity).

Reactions: lamariposa

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019

Related to WP- It's good for more than 1 year so, you are good. you won't face SIN issue.

lamariposa

Apr 22, 2019
As long as 52 weeks are complete and you are stopping the work for one of the valid reasons that I mentioned on my previous response- You quality for EI.
Your EI application will be reviewed to see if that meets an eligibility. So, do some research to find if Covic19 is one of the valid reasons in your case. I have not done my research for that yet lol .. You can also be eligible for Ontario province benefits as well, check with employer. Whenever you determine the date you would like to the stop work, create an online account prior to that date & complete the registration. You will have an option to distribute benefit % ( maternity vs. paternity).

oh, so you re still working too? seems like I will have to accumulate another 52 weeks for maternity vs. paternity leave if I decide to apply for the EI of Covic 19 at this moment..? what kind of Ontario province benefits you mentioned about?the 10% of wages? I don't think my employer would even know that lol
the most important is , if I stop the work but keep my position regarding to Covic19 & back in office till further notice, it wont affect our PR application,right?

Reactions: J20190911

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
oh, so you re still working too? seems like I will have to accumulate another 52 weeks for maternity vs. paternity leave if I decide to apply for the EI of Covic 19 at this moment..? what kind of Ontario province benefits you mentioned about?the 10% of wages? I don't think my employer would even know that lol
the most important is , if I stop the work but keep my position regarding to Covic19 & back in office till further notice, it wont affect our PR application,right?
No need to accumulate additional 52 weeks. Don't get confused and mix EI with Covic 19. It's very clear that anyone wants to use EI, need to have a valid reason to prove why work was stopped and that person should show 52 weeks proven work.. That's it.
Now, if work is stopped due the to Covic 19 is valid reason or not in your case - that something you will have to figure out. You may ask employer.

Refer to this: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-maternity-parental.html

Last edited:

jecr

Nov 15, 2019
Hello! Question: Due to recent lay-offs situations, what if i got laid off? and I have submitted my OINP PR application last Feb. What will happen to my PR application? I’m so much worried right now. :(

Thank you in advance for your insights!

Reactions: J20190911

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hello! Question: Due to recent lay-offs situations, what if i got laid off? and I have submitted my OINP PR application last Feb. What will happen to my PR application? I’m so much worried right now. :(

We are not sure (atleast I am not). Hope that you wont be laid off. I guess everyone understands that Corona Virus is not your/our fault. Hope you have submitted your PR application already? If I were you, I would speak to the employer and discuss the situation in detail.

Last edited:

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......

You would likely need to find a new employer willing to sponsor you on PNP and then transfer across - would need to contact the OINP program in this case - one of the requirements is you must notify them if there are any changes to your employment. If you don't find a company to sponsor you, then you may lose your nomination.

See under heading "Changes in personal information" https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-9

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
This is terrifying... I hope none of us get into a situation like that.
Given how long it takes for them to process the applications I would say it happens a lot even on a good year - a lot can happen in the 12-16 month processing time. I've also seen people get promoted and lose their nomination because they weren't technically in the same NOC code (this was for BCPNP).

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
This is terrifying... I hope none of us get into a situation like that.
I think they should just place one on - Leave without pay instead of layoff. Especially the ones on paper PR. Its scary indeed and a little bit unfair as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fonca

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
I work in a pharmacy, so I am safe to not losing my job. On the other hand, I have to go to work every day and being exposed to the damn virus.
I hope none of you lose your job!;)
And I hope I don't get the disease! :(

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
I work in a pharmacy, so I am safe to not losing my job. On the other hand, I have to go to work every day and being exposed to the damn virus.
Yup lets hope so. Hats off to the medical field folks. You rock. Stay safe.

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
I work in a day care and I'm absolutely sure I won't lose my job as well... but we're quarantined now. Let's see...

Stay safe @chivinas !

Reactions: Aryan888