+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
No no, flight tickets are not required. I just booked them 3 months ahead because they were cheap. In any case, they are allowing free cancellation. re-schedule etc. So, no issues. Also today they closed the Canada border for foreigners including Work Permit holders as well :( (as of today). So, all hopes lost. I am cancelling the flight ticket and will re-book it when the ban lifts. So my first landing in Canada will be delayed. I wish they kept land border open.
Hey, work Permit is not as a travel document. You booked a flight in advance to come to Canada to start working here? Get the TRV also done.

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
No. In page 122 of this thread, there is a summary of all that is needed and don't. I would recommend you to read it
Thanks
So no IELTS needed for skill code A and B. I am assuming it will be same for 0 also? This process is on paper and takes 18 months way too long, just difficult to believe.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Thanks
So no IELTS needed for skill code A and B. I am assuming it will be same for 0 also? This process is on paper and takes 18 months way too long, just difficult to believe.
Yes, it should be the same for 0. Believe it, and be prepared, is a long and difficult way. You would have to learn how to manage anxiety :rolleyes:
Anyway, there have been some cases that resolved in less time (1 year), but they inform you of the average time that could take the whole process.

Fecampos

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I received the email this morning, all Service Canada centers are closed and biometrics appointments are cancelled and are given 90 day time, as soon as the service Canada reopens we can book the appointment for Biometrics.... .
I received the same email. I booked the biometrics 18 days ago for the first available date, next monday... Now, I have to wait until it opens again and book as soon as possible.

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
Hello all,

I hope everyone is safe!

I've just got an answer about my biometrics saying that they don't need them. I haven't got a refund yet though.

They also mention that everything seems to be in order with my application.

That was a nice pause throughout all these crazy days...

There's still the message that they are analyzing my health exams, I was wondering if it could be because my last one is still valid... But in any case, I'll have to do it again, and my hubby and kids too.

Be safe!

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
Hello all,

I hope everyone is safe!

I've just got an answer about my biometrics saying that they don't need them. I haven't got a refund yet though.

There's still the message that they are analyzing my health exams, I was wondering if it could be because my last one is still valid... But in any case, I'll have to do it again, and my hubby and kids too.

Be safe!
Does it mean that your biometrics are skipped because of the shutdown office?

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hello all,

I hope everyone is safe!

Be safe!
Supposedly, it should take three business days to have it finished, so today should be completed. Then, they would mail them, but I'm not sure if those deadlines are going to be met considering this Covid-19 chaos.

How old are your kids @Fonca ? I have a 13 years old boy.

When did you do your last medicals?

Reactions: J20190911

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Does it mean that your biometrics are skipped because of the shutdown office?
No, it's because her application is previous to Dec 13, when the biometrics became mandatory for all.

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
Supposedly, it should take three business days to have it finished, so today should be completed. Then, they would mail them, but I'm not sure if those deadlines are going to be met considering this Covid-19 chaos.

How old are your kids @Fonca ? I have a 13 years old boy.

When did you do your last medicals?
Hi!

I have a boy - 15 and a girl - 10.

I've done my medicals at end of march/19 for my PGWP. It makes no sense though, in any case it will be too old already.

Anyways, even if they send the request now, who knows when we will be able to do it?!

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Hi!

I have a boy - 15 and a girl - 10.

I've done my medicals at end of march/19 for my PGWP. It makes no sense though, in any case it will be too old already.

Anyways, even if they send the request now, who knows when we will be able to do it?!
Medical test is valid for 1 year. If they already used previous one, you are good for now. However, they will certainly ask for re-medical down the line but probably considering ongoing corona virus situation they will hold off that request. The good part is that IRCC is not going to cancel application for non-compliance of the document. They will provide extra time to applicants to response and an opportunity to justify why certain document could not be provided. Also, some officers do keep medical review check at the end.

Reactions: Fonca

Leo.ca

Nov 21, 2019
Toronto
Hello all,

I hope everyone is safe!

Be safe!
Hi Fonca/all,

I sent a message for IRCC and they answered telling me that I will need to make a biometric again, however at the CIC website show me is done.

I won´t receive any refund yet. But let´s waiting until evething back to normal...

lamariposa

Apr 22, 2019
Now as an aside, does anyone knows that Do foreign workers beneficial from the covic-19 EI/emergency fund?and if my company issue me the ROE just for temporarily home office/self - quantitative, will this affect our PR application? btw, im actually 3months pregnant, and was plan to apply for maternity leave around June, if I apply for EI at this time, will this affect the EI for maternity leave? or how long should be apart from each other? and will this affect our PR application? Thanks

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Now as an aside, does anyone knows that Do foreign workers beneficial from the covic-19 EI/emergency fund?and if my company issue me the ROE just for temporarily home office/self - quantitative, will this affect our PR application? btw, im actually 3months pregnant, and was plan to apply for maternity leave around June, if I apply for EI at this time, will this affect the EI for maternity leave? or how long should be apart from each other? and will this affect our PR application? Thanks
Zero Impact to PR due to pregnancy/new child added but I cannot comment if employment situation changes. Experts can comment on that--
Foreign workers can also apply to EI. One must have worked for 52 weeks before stop working (or taking a maternity leave) or losing the job of his/her no fault. By June'2020, If you don't complete 52 weeks working then you will not get EI from Fed. Gov. But if you are Full time employee, then eligible to get Ontario province funded EI ( 40 to 50% of your salary) if you complete ~4 months FTE work before starting the maternity leave. HR generally calculates that date and get ready with the paper-work.

Note: EI is tied with SIN number so, if that is expiring soon then it make sense to extend it now ( meaning get the WP visa done). Employer knows when your SIN is expiring. EI benefit continues once SIN is extended but to do so, it adds some documentation & extra commutation with Service Ontario.