+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Required Documents for OINP Application submission:

PRIMARY APPLICANT DOCUMENTS:

1. Notification of Interest from Ontario (mandatory)

Provide a copy (or print screen) of your Notification of Interest letter from Ontario that was sent to you through your online account with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Note: Please ensure that you capture the date that the NOI was sent to your account.

2. Photograph (mandatory)
Provide a copy of a photograph of yourself that meets passport or visa requirements.
Note: Photographs that are not clear or are of low quality will not be accepted.

3. Passport (mandatory)
Provide a copy of your entire valid passport: All pages

4. Status Documents issued by IRCC or CBSA (mandatory, if applicable)
Provide copies of all past and current status documents issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). Documents may include work permits, study permits, temporary resident visas, and/or any other Canadian immigration document.
If you are currently in implied status, provide a copy of the letter from IRCC acknowledging receipt of your application to extend your status, the IRCC fee receipt and/or post office mailing receipt (if applicable).

5. Education (mandatory)
ECA Report, Degree and Transcripts

6. Language Tests (mandatory)
IELTS Report

7. Résumé (mandatory)
A copy of your current résumé listing your current and past work experience, as well as your educational history. Your résumé should detail your duties and responsibilities for each position held.

8. Work History
Provide the supporting documents for all periods of work (foreign and Canadian) stated in your application

9. Settlement Funds (mandatory)
Balance Confirmation Letter, Last 6 months bank statement, FD (if any)

10. Intention to Reside in Ontario (optional)
Provide additional information on your established ties in Ontario and/or further documents to demonstrate your intention to reside in Ontario.

11. Other (Optional)
Any supplemental documents or explanatory letters that provide clarification or additional information to support your application.

SPOUSE DOCUMENT:

1. Your Family Member's Passports (mandatory, if applicable)

Provide a copy of the personal details page from the passport of each dependent family member.
Your dependent family members include your spouse or common-law partner and your children who are less than 22 years of age, including their children.

2. Your Spouse or Common-Law Partner's Status Documents issued by IRCC or CBSA (mandatory, if applicable)

Provide copies of all status documents issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to your spouse or common-law partner. Documents may include work permits, study permits, temporary resident visas, and/or any other Canadian immigration document.

3. Your Spouse or Common-Law Partner's Work Experience in Canada (mandatory, if applicable)

4. Your Spouse or Common-Law Partner's Education in Canada (mandatory, if applicable)

5. Your Spouse or Common-Law Partner's Language Tests (mandatory, if applicable)

IELTS Report

6. Relatives in Canada (mandatory, if applicable)

7. Other (if applicable)

Any supplemental documents or explanatory letters that provide clarification or additional information to support your application.
Hi Nitin,
Thanks for the reply.

Can you please help me with the following queries:

· How do I save the print screen of the full letter of Ontario NOI received?

· I filled my designation as Software Test Engineer when I filed my profile in EE, however, I was promoted to Senior Software Test Engineer this year.

- If I am correct, I need to fill my current designation in the OINP application?

- Do I need to inform Ontario govt that my designation was changed? If yes, then how?

· I have filled my funds as $15000 in EE profile. The minimum fund requirement for a single person is $12,669. Do I need to show $15000 in my proof of funds necessarily or can I show just the minimum amount ($12,669)?

· Remember to carefully check all the financial documents you intend to submit with your application and black out or ‘redact’any credit card numbers. What information besides credit card numbers must be redacted?

· What are the examples of Status documents? Are they needed if I've never lived or worked in Canada?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi Nitin,
Thanks for the reply.

Can you please help me with the following queries:

· How do I save the print screen of the full letter of Ontario NOI received?

· I filled my designation as Software Test Engineer when I filed my profile in EE, however, I was promoted to Senior Software Test Engineer this year.

- If I am correct, I need to fill my current designation in the OINP application?

- Do I need to inform Ontario govt that my designation was changed? If yes, then how?

· I have filled my funds as $15000 in EE profile. The minimum fund requirement for a single person is $12,669. Do I need to show $15000 in my proof of funds necessarily or can I show just the minimum amount ($12,669)?

· Remember to carefully check all the financial documents you intend to submit with your application and black out or ‘redact’any credit card numbers. What information besides credit card numbers must be redacted?

· What are the examples of Status documents? Are they needed if I've never lived or worked in Canada?
1. Once you login to your CIC account, Press Cntrl+P and save it as PDF. Then take a screenshot of your NOI letter and save it as PDF too. Merge both PDFs, you're good to go.

2. You can update it in your EE profile before ITA, there is no issue.

3. I believed you've not submitted your application to OINP. In this case, please submit your updated reference letter which includes your updated title. Fill details in the OINP application form as required.

4. Your funds should be above threshold limit i.e., $12,669.

5. Nothing

6. Status documents include work permits, study permits, temporary resident visas, and/or any other Canadian immigration document. Provide copies of all past and current status documents issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

Reactions: kanada07

Kathik2

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-08-2019
IELTS Request
CLB10
Query on PoF
I placed a fixed deposit in YY bank by transferring frunds from XX bank savings account. Im not considering XX savings account balance for PoF total.
do you have to get Bank letter confirming the XX savings account balance as well?

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Hi Raj,
I received NOI from Ontari and ai need to apply in the next 40 days. My credit card debts worth Rs. 20k will be cleared in 6 months.
Should I clear my debts before applying for OINP? If I provide a letter indicating my debts from my credit card bank, will it be fine?

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Are PCC and Medical exam required during filling the OINP application? I don't see any section where I may have to enter these details. Can somebody help?
Do I need to go for these after filling the application and getting ITA in EE draw?

juleswantpr

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Disclaimer: Follow this advice on your own risk

Do you have the policy being stringent on email from your employer? Attach that, all supporting documents - appraisal letters, affidavits, emails from current employees, etc and I think you should be okay
I got the mail from the company stating that their policies regarding the reference letter issue. I talked with my supervisor at the company too. She said not even the employees are allowed to provide self affidavit.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Are PCC and Medical exam required during filling the OINP application? I don't see any section where I may have to enter these details. Can somebody help?
Do I need to go for these after filling the application and getting ITA in EE draw?
It doesn't say anything for PCC and medicals in application guide.. so i think you should be good

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I got the mail from the company stating that their policies regarding the reference letter issue. I talked with my supervisor at the company too. She said not even the employees are allowed to provide self affidavit.
First, the company has no say in what it's employees declare on an affidavit. Looks like, your manager is trying to avoid your request. You can ask her if she can send it to you via email. I think I know how she would respond.

Take letters from your colleagues or seniors.. I advice mentioning your salary on these

Reactions: juleswantpr

cinncinatti

Feb 25, 2013
Dear Mr. @rajkamalmohanram,
I think you may have missed out on the instructions to attach the 'Marriage Certificate' in case the applicants are married.

Although i don't think it's mentioned even in the Application Guide, but it IS required and a must attach document, preferably with notarized translation if warranted.

Nice to read and very valuable post!

Thanks for taking the time out to put it all together...

+1 to you.
Hii,
How many hours constitute a part time work? Can I apply for OINP if I am a part timer?

amitmahajan82

Jun 14, 2014
Folks, I am preparing my application for OINP. My question is regarding reference letter from employeer.

Has any of you (who has already submitted OINP application ever), submitted your reference letter with only last held designation in the organization? Actually, I have got reference letter from my employer, but they have mentioned only currently held designation and not mentioned previous designations. Is there any person with same case as mine who has submitted letter with one position only. Have you ever seen OINP rejecting application on this basis?

Thanks.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Folks, I am preparing my application for OINP. My question is regarding reference letter from employeer.

Has any of you (who has already submitted OINP application ever), submitted your reference letter with only last held designation in the organization? Actually, I have got reference letter from my employer, but they have mentioned only currently held designation and not mentioned previous designations. Is there any person with same case as mine who has submitted letter with one position only. Have you ever seen OINP rejecting application on this basis?

Thanks.
Disclaimer: Follow my opinion at your own risk

Well, my comment won't answer your question

If you can get your employer to write all the information required on a reference letter, leave no stone unturned.

If you can't, write everything in a LOE. Attach email communication with your employer.

There are lots of people who go to their employer and don't get all the information they want on reference letter. They add supplement documents with their application.

For example, if you want to show the positions you held you can attach the following:
  • Offer letter listing starting position at the company
  • Appraisal/promotion letters listing change in designation
  • Payslips in case they list designation
Who has successfully got nomination doing so? I don't know.

ajd1994

Jul 31, 2019
Hi all,
I'm updating my EE profile for job title and company name ( minor word changes) before submitting my OINP application. Do you think I should add an LOE explaining why I did with my OINP application? Or it should be okay without it?