+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

sundeepk

Aug 3, 2019
Hi Respected Group members,

Greetings for the day,

I received my NOI on 12th July draw of OINP and in the process of submitting my application. I've completed the form and yet to upload the documents and pay fees, I've few queries and I am here to seek guidance of the respected members.

Let me give a brief back ground

My Education

-B.Sc Started 2004 - Ended 2007 , but received the degree in 2008 due to arrears
- M.sc Started 2008 - ended 2010 , but received degree during the year 2014 due to arrears
ECA okay

My Work expereince

1. 2007-Aug to 2009-Aug BPO 6552 - Other customer and information services representatives , India
2. 2010-May to 2014-April Subject Matter Expert 2173 - Software Engineers, India
3. 2014-April to 2015-May Senior Administrator 2173 - Software Engineers, India
4. 2015-May to 2019-March Technical Lead 2173 - Software Engineers, India
5. 2019-March till date Sr DevOps Engineer 2173 - Software Engineers - Outside India

My Concern
1. My Masters education is overlapping with myBPO work expereince
2. there is a gap in employment from 2009 to 2010
3. For my third work experience of one year, the company is refusing to issue a reference letter with roles and responsibilities, the letter issued just has a one line statement that i was delivering duties of that of linux admin L1/L2.
4. my 2nd experience reference letter was issued back in the year 2015, is it okay to submit that reference letter.

My queries

1. in the OINP application there is a section for other activities, should i declare work gap over there and provide a letter of explanation mentioning the reason for Gap and the overlapping of employment and education.

2. Can i use the expereince letter dated 2015 for my exployment period 2010 - 2014 .

3. Can i use the roles and resposnibilities which just mentions that I have delivered dutries of linux admin and additionaly provide screenshots or links from naukri.com or from wipro career portal mentioning that i Was performing actiites of a linux admin and it falls within 2173.

4. For proof of funds I will be getting a gift deed from dad for about 75% of the amount in INR for the rest 25% I have a fixed deposit in SGD ,can I combine both and show it to them or should it be within the same account

5. My Profile on CIC expires on nov 2019, and I happen to decline my first invition from CIC last year's EE draw, will these pose a concern.

6. i have an outstnading loan in one of the indain account should i show that and explain that as well.

AttitudeAdjustment

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Hi Guys, regarding gift deed, my brother stays abroad and he can transfer the amount for proof of funds. But as per the process I have seen, the gift letter and the affidavit need to be signed. Is there a workaround for this?

juleswantpr

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello, I got NOI on August 1st. I have a query on reference letters from the companies I worked with. The first company (3 years of experience) have a really stringent policy that they won't provide reference letter to any ex employees. Fortunately, the second company (1 year of experience) agreed to provide the letter. My agency said it would be helpful if I get a self affidavit from a colleague from the first company. I am not sure if that's legal according to their policy for employees to give out reference letter on their own. Should I consider it?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hello, I got NOI on August 1st. I have a query on reference letters from the companies I worked with. The first company (3 years of experience) have a really stringent policy that they won't provide reference letter to any ex employees. Fortunately, the second company (1 year of experience) agreed to provide the letter. My agency said it would be helpful if I get a self affidavit from a colleague from the first company. I am not sure if that's legal according to their policy for employees to give out reference letter on their own. Should I consider it?
Disclaimer: Follow this advice on your own risk

Do you have the policy being stringent on email from your employer? Attach that, all supporting documents - appraisal letters, affidavits, emails from current employees, etc and I think you should be okay

santaguy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
In case you are going to email them, please let us know their response

In case you follow some other approach please update us of your progress..

Btw, when did you submit your application?

Sure, I'll update. I submitted my application yesterday (2nd Aug). I tried to call them yesterday. I was on hold for around 60 minutes but they didn't pick the call. I have sent them an email with pdf and asked them to update in my recording or showing me a way to do that. I know its risky to send passport copy by email but didn't think of any better option.

@WantToImmigrate Is it possible if I withdraw and submit a new application if I don't hear with them within a week and the status of my application is still "Submitted"?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Sure, I'll update. I submitted my application yesterday (2nd Aug). I tried to call them yesterday. I was on hold for around 60 minutes but they didn't pick the call. I have sent them an email with pdf and asked them to update in my recording or showing me a way to do that. I know its risky to send passport copy by email but didn't think of any better option.

@WantToImmigrate Is it possible if I withdraw and submit a new application if I don't hear with them within a week and the status of my application is still "Submitted"?
Disclaimer - Follow my opinion at your own risk. I am neither a lawyer nor have gone through immigration process.

I wouldn't recommend withdrawing your profile unless OINP tells you to

Based on what I have read on the forum, I think they'd accept passport attached in your email or will raise an ADR for you to submit passport scans with

Best of luck

specsnaija

Jun 10, 2019
Please need help:

I got NOI for OINP in May 2019. I happened to have had the minimum score requirement (440). My EE profile does not include my spouse because adding her would have dropped my score to 436. Now, my nomination has been approved with my score now updated to 1040 after accepting.

Can I now go ahead and include my spouse before the next draw?

sundeepk

Aug 3, 2019
Hi Respected Group members,

Greetings for the day,

I received my NOI on 12th July draw of OINP and in the process of submitting my application. I've completed the form and yet to upload the documents and pay fees, I've few queries and I am here to seek guidance of the respected members.

Let me give a brief back ground

My Education

-B.Sc Started 2004 - Ended 2007 , but received the degree in 2008 due to arrears
- M.sc Started 2008 - ended 2010 , but received degree during the year 2014 due to arrears
ECA okay

My Work expereince

1. 2007-Aug to 2009-Aug BPO 6552 - Other customer and information services representatives , India
2. 2010-May to 2014-April Subject Matter Expert 2173 - Software Engineers, India
3. 2014-April to 2015-May Senior Administrator 2173 - Software Engineers, India
4. 2015-May to 2019-March Technical Lead 2173 - Software Engineers, India
5. 2019-March till date Sr DevOps Engineer 2173 - Software Engineers - Outside India

My Concern
1. My Masters education is overlapping with myBPO work experience
2. there is a gap in employment from 2009 to 2010
3. For my third work experience of one year, the company is refusing to issue a reference letter with roles and responsibilities, the letter issued just has a one line statement that i was delivering duties of that of linux admin L1/L2.
4. my 2nd experience reference letter was issued back in the year 2015, is it okay to submit that reference letter.

My queries

1. in the OINP application there is a section for other activities, should i declare work gap over there and provide a letter of explanation mentioning the reason for Gap and the overlapping of employment and education.

2. Can i use the experience letter dated 2015 for my employment period 2010 - 2014 .

3. Can i use the roles and responsibilities which just mentions that I have delivered duties of Linux admin and additional provide screenshots or links from naukri.com or from wipro career portal mentioning that i Was performing activities of a Linux admin and it falls within 2173.

4. For proof of funds I will be getting a gift deed from dad for about 75% of the amount in INR for the rest 25% I have a fixed deposit in SGD ,can I combine both and show it to them or should it be within the same account

5. My Profile on CIC expires on Nov 2019, and I happen to decline my first invitation from CIC last year's EE draw, will these pose a concern.

6. i have an outstanding loan in one of the Indian account should i show that and explain that as well.
Guys, any thoughts with ref to this

kingkong88

Jul 17, 2018
I have received NOI for the tech draw, and the application process says "Submit clear copies of ALL the pages of your passport including the front and back cover."

Does that mean each and every visa page also, including every single blank page?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I have received NOI for the tech draw, and the application process says "Submit clear copies of ALL the pages of your passport including the front and back cover."

Does that mean each and every visa page also, including every single blank page?
Disclaimer: follow my advice at your own risk

Yep and front and back cover too

kingkong88

Jul 17, 2018
Also, they have asked for

"If you or your spouse or common-law partner has a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada aged 18 years or older, provide copies of the following documents to support blood relation: Birth certificate of your relative,Citizenship or permanent resident document of your relative, and, Evidence of your relative's residency in Canada (i.e. property documents, employment documents, bank statements, tax documents that contain name, address and contact information, etc.)."

My uncle doesn't have a birth certificate, what should I do? I have other documents.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Just the latest passport right? Not the older ones? I have older expired ones.
Disclaimer: follow my advice at your own risk

If your passport is less than 6 months old, then attached your previous passport otherwise only the latest one

This is written in the application guide or on oinp portal.. be sure to check these before moving forward

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Tech draw has happened yesterday. Did you get the NOI?

List of targeted NOC codes
  • Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
  • Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
  • Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
  • Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
  • Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
  • Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
Hi,

May I ask the opinion of the house on the below scenario:
I am working for company XYZ since 2013 and my job duties belong to 2 different NOCs(2173 & 2171). However, in my EE profile, I have mentioned only the NOC 2171 for the whole experience at XYZ. Now, what I want to ask is: whether I can enter my experience as 2 work entries in EE profile? Though, my designation and employer remained the same throughout.

In other words, I am thinking to break my 6+ years of experience as 4+2. 4 years: 2173 and 2 years: 2171.
Although, XYZ might issue me the reference letter mentioning all the job duties in a single bullet list(without mentioning the duration of each type of responsibilities I have here)

Would it be any problem for me? especially, changing the NOC code now when OINP is issuing NOIs to the one NOC I am changing to?

Your thoughts, please? I am in desperate need of guidance for this confusion as it could make or break my case completely if OINP issues more draws at lower CRS.