+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

zshamim

Feb 7, 2016
Question on Documentation for PNP

Hi ,
I am preparing documentation for PNP and have a question :

Apart from Academic and marriage documents ,is it required to get Job experience related docs attested?
Like relieving ,joining letter ,pay stubs and bank statements?

Thanks in Advance

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
pxyarala said:
Hi Sushsmart,

Thank you very much for your reply. If my EE profile gets after I get ITA and I accept it then it is good, but then I have to ensure that I submit all the documents in 60 days. In case I do not want to accept the ITA until 60 day period to ensure I get time to get all my documents then how do I manage my profile. Do I have to write to OINP to transfer my nomination to the new profile that I create?.

Also do we have to get new reference letters as the ones I submitted to OINP are 8-9 months old.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
Firstly, why do you think and write so much negative stuff??
You must be prepared in advance for all the documents that you would require for e-APR. Only two things you need to get it done after ITA - Medical exam report and PCC for current country of residence. You need to make sure that you have all other PCCs, bank statements ready.
Only for current employment, you may submit a new reference letter - that too if you are claiming points for increase in duration of work exp. If you already have 3 or more years of work exp., then you do not need a new reference letter for your current job. You may show your latest pay slips to show that you are still working with them.

All reference letters from your past employers are valid for a lifetime.
I hope this clarifies all your doubts. All the best.

tan09

Mar 2, 2013
2017CanadaHo! said:
Hi,

Compliments for your detailed & very helpful post on OINP process which was a one-stop shop for many questions!

Having browsed thru this forum, I feel you’d be best placed to guide me on the following points, or please direct me to any other thread/location where these have already been answered. I have poured out my help items here hence it is a heartfelt request that you bear with me on this long-ish message and help me as I’ve just not been able to find answers to these.

1. Age points: My birthday falls in March
a. If CRS cutoffs fall enough for me to get an ITA and I apply before my birthday, I’ve read a ministerial instruction on CIC site that there’s a relaxation such that my age points won’t decrease (because I aged 1 year) if I have a birthday during the application process. Question: Have you/anyone you know gained from this relaxation (i.e. is this relaxation actually practiced by CIC)? If yes, then I can relax a little otherwise I’ll have to ask my wife to take another IELTS attempt just to go from IELTS 8.0 to 8.5!!
b. If the CRS cutoffs don’t fall as much and I have to imperatively rely on OINP: I’m eyeing OINP human capital priorities stream. If OINP cutoff stays @ 400 only, and if I get a call, I expect to cross my birthday soon after applying for OINP. Does OINP too consider this relaxation, or would they do a 10-point deduction as a result of which I go down to 399 hence a notch below the OINP qualifying 400 points – as a result my candidature would not be valid?
2. Spouse employment points: For gaining points from my wife's (outside Canada) employment - please advise how old experience can be considered as she was last employed in 2011? I understand OINP program says experience required in the past 5 years, but what about CIC (federal) guidelines?

Documentation
1. Employer letters: I have 17 years of work experience. Do I need to get employer letters for all 17 years or only for the last 10 years?
2. Employer letters: I plan to get employer letters right away to save time later hoping I’d be invited to apply! Please advise if there is any validity period for such letters, beyond which I'll have to get fresh ones.
3. Wife’s maiden name: My wife's surname changed after marriage. Her education credentials carry her maiden name whilst the ECA report carries her maiden & current surname. Will our marriage certificate and an affidavit from her on name change suffice for establishing that it is the same person?
4. PCC: While being employed in India, I made 8 official visits to Indonesia in one year basis a multiple entry visa - however wasn’t employed there. All visits were under 60 days and total days spent there were 230. Since I was not employed in Indonesia, I do not have KITAS/SKLD as required by Indonesian authorities - who are not issuing a Police Clearance Certificate. Please advise if I need this certificate if I've spent 180 days in continuation, or even if split across multiple visits?
5. PCC: If I must produce an Indonesia PCC, which the authorities are refusing – will the email reminders/exchange suffice as their official decline?
6. Birth certificate: Whilst my passport, 10th & 12th marksheets, PAN card and other documents all carry my date of birth + name, my own birth certificate of 1975 (which I luckily have in original) doesn’t carry my name as it was not a norm 40 years ago. Would my documents put together with the birth certificate suffice or must I get one issued in the manner those are issued by Delhi municipal folks these days?
7. Financial position: How much is respectable for a family of 4? I surely meet the minimum criteria set out but is there a level above which an application gets a boost/strength? Can I include my immovable property valuations?
8. Appointing an agent: Must I appoint a consultant/agent for subsequent stages? I think I’m a reasonably informed & educated Banker who has thus far cleared the IELTS, ECAs for multiple universities, EE profile stages etc. myself and even going forward the agent would in any case ask me only to arrange stuff like employer letters, PCCs – India/Indonesia, financial position documents, med clearances etc. Is the remaining stuff (documentation) or steps so complicated that merit 150k INR to be spent?

[size=10pt]CRS 409
NOC 0013
Relevant Streams FSW & OINP (Human Capital Priority)
IELTS Primary Appl 8.5 (CLB10); Sep’16
IELTS Spouse 8.0 (CLB8); Sep’16
ECA Primary Appl Bachelors degree 3 years + Bachelors degree 4 years
ECA Spouse Bachelors degree 4 years + PG diploma 1 year
Year of birth Primary 1975
EE created Oct’16
[/size]
Hi 2017CanadaHo,

Will try to answer some of your answers. seniors, please correct me if ive given any wrong information.

Point 1. a. Since your b-day is in March, you may get PT notification from Ontario (provided they keep they do not raise the minimum qualifying requirement to 450 CRS point) in the next few months.
b. If you get your PT notification based on your current CRS point of 409 before March & send your application to Ontario, after that if you lose 5 more points in March, OINP may still issue you nomination based on your new CRS score of 404. Provided that you get nomination in this way CIC should have no problem issuing you ITA because post nomination your total points will be 1004.

About spouse taking another IELTS increase score to 8.5 : my previous IELTS which was valid till sept '16 had score of 8.5. Unfortunately the current score ( with similar preparation) is only 8.0. After updating on CIC website it reduced my point by 3 ( from 441 to 438) & i am the principal applicant. So bottomline whether you will get 8.5 score or 8.0 depends on luck and its your spouse IELTS , it will hardly increase your score.

2. Spouse employment points: spouse employment has less weight on your score than if she were the PA. Having said that, in my understanding OINP considering ONLY employment within 5 years and excludes anything prior to that. Last year, i made the mistake of not mentioning my employment which commenced in 2015, which i believe lost me an opportunity to get Pt notification earlier this year. And yes, cic guidelines mention 10 year old employment while ontario requires work exp within 5 years only.

Documentation
1. & 2. You should get your employment letters ready right away for 10 years, not 17. You may subsequently add proof that you are currently employed in bank X as mentioned in your work experience letter submitted.

3. In case of name change marriage certificate & affidavit should do.

4. & 5. PCC: pcc is required for continuous stay of more than 6 months. If none of your travels lasted over 6 months, you dont need pcc for them even if cumulative stay is above 6 months.
6. I cannot answer this as im unaware.

7. Its preferable to show that you have more than the min. required settlement funds for 4 family members as unencumbered. More than the exact required amount is preferable.

8. Appointing an agent is only as beneficial as a well informed applicant. It may save you time & effort as you keep tabs on cic & oinp on a daily basis IF you are too busy to do that. But if this work doesnt cause you too much headache then agency help is quite redundant. Saying this from own experience again.

Seniors, please correct if im mistaken.
Hope this helps.

Tan09.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
2017CanadaHo! said:
Hi,

Compliments for your detailed & very helpful post on OINP process which was a one-stop shop for many questions!

Having browsed thru this forum, I feel you’d be best placed to guide me on the following points, or please direct me to any other thread/location where these have already been answered. I have poured out my help items here hence it is a heartfelt request that you bear with me on this long-ish message and help me as I’ve just not been able to find answers to these.

1. Age points: My birthday falls in March
a. If CRS cutoffs fall enough for me to get an ITA and I apply before my birthday, I’ve read a ministerial instruction on CIC site that there’s a relaxation such that my age points won’t decrease (because I aged 1 year) if I have a birthday during the application process. Question: Have you/anyone you know gained from this relaxation (i.e. is this relaxation actually practiced by CIC)? If yes, then I can relax a little otherwise I’ll have to ask my wife to take another IELTS attempt just to go from IELTS 8.0 to 8.5!!

Age is locked the day you get your ITA. Any changes to age after that will not affect your application.

b. If the CRS cutoffs don’t fall as much and I have to imperatively rely on OINP: I’m eyeing OINP human capital priorities stream. If OINP cutoff stays @ 400 only, and if I get a call, I expect to cross my birthday soon after applying for OINP. Does OINP too consider this relaxation, or would they do a 10-point deduction as a result of which I go down to 399 hence a notch below the OINP qualifying 400 points – as a result my candidature would not be valid?

Age is locked when you get a PT NOI from Ontario. Changes to age after this will not affect your application.

2. Spouse employment points: For gaining points from my wife's (outside Canada) employment - please advise how old experience can be considered as she was last employed in 2011? I understand OINP program says experience required in the past 5 years, but what about CIC (federal) guidelines?

You CANNOT gain any CRS points for your spouse's work experience that was gained outside of Canada. I am assuming you are the primary applicant.

Documentation
1. Employer letters: I have 17 years of work experience. Do I need to get employer letters for all 17 years or only for the last 10 years?

Only for the jobs you are claiming points for.

2. Employer letters: I plan to get employer letters right away to save time later hoping I’d be invited to apply! Please advise if there is any validity period for such letters, beyond which I'll have to get fresh ones.

If the nomination process takes a long time, you might have to get a reference letter before submitting your e-APR.

3. Wife’s maiden name: My wife's surname changed after marriage. Her education credentials carry her maiden name whilst the ECA report carries her maiden & current surname. Will our marriage certificate and an affidavit from her on name change suffice for establishing that it is the same person?

Yes.

4. PCC: While being employed in India, I made 8 official visits to Indonesia in one year basis a multiple entry visa - however wasn’t employed there. All visits were under 60 days and total days spent there were 230. Since I was not employed in Indonesia, I do not have KITAS/SKLD as required by Indonesian authorities - who are not issuing a Police Clearance Certificate. Please advise if I need this certificate if I've spent 180 days in continuation, or even if split across multiple visits?

Yes. You need PCC from Indonesia.

5. PCC: If I must produce an Indonesia PCC, which the authorities are refusing – will the email reminders/exchange suffice as their official decline?

Well, IRCC isn't going to accept that explanation. You need a PCC from Indonesia. This is the process of getting PCC from Indonesia -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/indonesia.asp

6. Birth certificate: Whilst my passport, 10th & 12th marksheets, PAN card and other documents all carry my date of birth + name, my own birth certificate of 1975 (which I luckily have in original) doesn’t carry my name as it was not a norm 40 years ago. Would my documents put together with the birth certificate suffice or must I get one issued in the manner those are issued by Delhi municipal folks these days?

BC for the PA and spouse is NOT required for your e-APR. If the province asks for it, you can submit whatever you have, an affidavit mentioning your DOB and a Letter of Explanation that outlines your situation.

7. Financial position: How much is respectable for a family of 4? I surely meet the minimum criteria set out but is there a level above which an application gets a boost/strength? Can I include my immovable property valuations?

At least 22,603 CAD. Check here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp . No you cannot include property valuations.

8. Appointing an agent: Must I appoint a consultant/agent for subsequent stages? I think I’m a reasonably informed & educated Banker who has thus far cleared the IELTS, ECAs for multiple universities, EE profile stages etc. myself and even going forward the agent would in any case ask me only to arrange stuff like employer letters, PCCs – India/Indonesia, financial position documents, med clearances etc. Is the remaining stuff (documentation) or steps so complicated that merit 150k INR to be spent?

Not required IMO. You seem to me as a person that does research (I don't see that in many new applicants). So, IMO, I believe you can get through the process without a representative.

[size=10pt]CRS 409
NOC 0013
Relevant Streams FSW & OINP (Human Capital Priority)
IELTS Primary Appl 8.5 (CLB10); Sep’16
IELTS Spouse 8.0 (CLB8); Sep’16
ECA Primary Appl Bachelors degree 3 years + Bachelors degree 4 years
ECA Spouse Bachelors degree 4 years + PG diploma 1 year
Year of birth Primary 1975
EE created Oct’16
[/size]
Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tan09 said:
Hi 2017CanadaHo,

Will try to answer some of your answers. seniors, please correct me if ive given any wrong information.

Point 1. a. Since your b-day is in March, you may get PT notification from Ontario (provided they keep they do not raise the minimum qualifying requirement to 450 CRS point) in the next few months.
b. If you get your PT notification based on your current CRS point of 409 before March & send your application to Ontario, after that if you lose 5 more points in March, OINP may still issue you nomination based on your new CRS score of 404. Provided that you get nomination in this way CIC should have no problem issuing you ITA because post nomination your total points will be 1004.

About spouse taking another IELTS increase score to 8.5 : my previous IELTS which was valid till sept '16 had score of 8.5. Unfortunately the current score ( with similar preparation) is only 8.0. After updating on CIC website it reduced my point by 3 ( from 441 to 438) & i am the principal applicant. So bottomline whether you will get 8.5 score or 8.0 depends on luck and its your spouse IELTS , it will hardly increase your score.

2. Spouse employment points: spouse employment has less weight on your score than if she were the PA. Having said that, in my understanding OINP considering ONLY employment within 5 years and excludes anything prior to that. Last year, i made the mistake of not mentioning my employment which commenced in 2015, which i believe lost me an opportunity to get Pt notification earlier this year. And yes, cic guidelines mention 10 year old employment while ontario requires work exp within 5 years only.

Documentation
1. & 2. You should get your employment letters ready right away for 10 years, not 17. You may subsequently add proof that you are currently employed in bank X as mentioned in your work experience letter submitted.

3. In case of name change marriage certificate & affidavit should do.

4. & 5. PCC: pcc is required for continuous stay of more than 6 months. If none of your travels lasted over 6 months, you dont need pcc for them even if cumulative stay is above 6 months.
6. I cannot answer this as im unaware.

7. Its preferable to show that you have more than the min. required settlement funds for 4 family members as unencumbered. More than the exact required amount is preferable.

8. Appointing an agent is only as beneficial as a well informed applicant. It may save you time & effort as you keep tabs on cic & oinp on a daily basis IF you are too busy to do that. But if this work doesnt cause you too much headache then agency help is quite redundant. Saying this from own experience again.

Seniors, please correct if im mistaken.
Hope this helps.

Tan09.
I've posted the answers above. Some of your answers contain wrong information. Its a good try and I really appreciate your attempt to help people!

Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
zshamim said:
Question on Documentation for PNP

Hi ,
I am preparing documentation for PNP and have a question :

Apart from Academic and marriage documents ,is it required to get Job experience related docs attested?
Like relieving ,joining letter ,pay stubs and bank statements?

Thanks in Advance
Please read the first post in this thread.

kor03

Nov 11, 2016
Good morning guys, I really need your advice. My current score is 401, because my writing was 6.5. And I have two options, one is to wait for a PT with this score for a month until my birthday in the end of December, when i will lose 5 points. Or appeal my results, with a hope to get 7 in writing. During my appeal my IELTS certificate will be Ineligible for a month or more. So my questions are, if i apply for appeal, and leave my current IELTS results can I get a PT? How long it takes to receive a PT after they will reopen invitation? If they send a PT during the term, when I will be without my certificate, and then my score rise because of successful appeal and my certificate number will be changed, can they find this as a fraud, that I applied with Ineligible or fake certificate. Many thanks

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kor03 said:
Good morning guys, I really need your advice. My current score is 401, because my writing was 6.5. And I have two options, one is to wait for a PT with this score for a month until my birthday in the end of December, when i will lose 5 points. Or appeal my results, with a hope to get 7 in writing. During my appeal my IELTS certificate will be Ineligible for a month or more. So my questions are, if i apply for appeal, and leave my current IELTS results can I get a PT? How long it takes to receive a PT after they will reopen invitation? If they send a PT during the term, when I will be without my certificate, and then my score rise because of successful appeal and my certificate number will be changed, can they find this as a fraud, that I applied with Ineligible or fake certificate. Many thanks
That's a tricky situation to be in. Firstly, I would say do not assume that the cut off score for OINP will stay the same when it reopens. It may change. Secondly, there is no information at the moment about when it may reopen. The OINP website suggests that it will be soon, but that could still be weeks or months away.

I believe last year in most cases people received a PT NOI within days of creating an EE profile meeting the eligibility criteria.

A few things for you to consider:
1. Do you really expect your IELTS score to be changed on appeal. I would not necessarily take this as a given.
2. Should you appeal, OINP round may open and close while your appeal is still in progress. It is extremely competitive. IMO, it's not OK to have your certificate in the EE profile while appeal is under way. Others may offer a different opinion though.

I would continue to work on your English with the view to retaking the IELTS test to improve your score.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
OINP Documents Received = February 2016
AOR = August 2016
DD resent/new receipt = October 2016
Additional Doc Request = -Waiting-
EE Expires = January 2017
FSW Applicant

I am about to retake my IELTS test in December because the current one is about to expire. What is the best course to action in my case? Recreate an EE profile after I get my new IELTS results and email OINP about it?

tan09

Mar 2, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
I've posted the answers above. Some of your answers contain wrong information. Its a good try and I really appreciate your attempt to help people!

Good luck and all the very best!
Thanks for correcting Raj,

Helps clarify my own understanding certainly.

Tan09

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zohaib Ali said:
Hey gus , are new OINP PT notifications being issued? or it has stopped?
I would suggest check the following link for updates to the OINP program:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
tan09 said:
Thanks for correcting Raj,

Helps clarify my own understanding certainly.

Tan09
Thanks @Tan09 and @rajkamalmohanram; your guidance is much appreciated. In the spirit of sharing knowledge, I also wish to point out that @rajkamalmohanram answers where different from @Tan09 are correct - I feel even broken up visits to a country if aggregating to >6m. require a PCC, and as for age points I think I'm in a quagmire. Ministerial clarifications clearly give a relaxation at a federal level but it may not apply at a PNP level. @Tan09 - My points would drop by 10 and not 5 so I reach 399. Core question I'm struggling on is - do I have a chance in using the OINP route cos I'd surely have attained the age of 42 in the process. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks both; again! Since am new here, am not sure how to get that +1 in your accounts, but would find my way out there. Cheers.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
2017CanadaHo! said:
Thanks @Tan09 and @rajkamalmohanram; your guidance is much appreciated. In the spirit of sharing knowledge, I also wish to point out that @rajkamalmohanram answers where different from @Tan09 are correct - I feel even broken up visits to a country if aggregating to >6m. require a PCC, and as for age points I think I'm in a quagmire. Ministerial clarifications clearly give a relaxation at a federal level but it may not apply at a PNP level. @Tan09 - My points would drop by 10 and not 5 so I reach 399. Core question I'm struggling on is - do I have a chance in using the OINP route cos I'd surely have attained the age of 42 in the process. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks both; again! Since am new here, am not sure how to get that +1 in your accounts, but would find my way out there. Cheers.
As far as OINP is concerned, your age is locked the day you receive your PT NOI. Getting older after that will not affect your application.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
sushsmart15 said:
Firstly, why do you think and write so much negative stuff??
You must be prepared in advance for all the documents that you would require for e-APR. Only two things you need to get it done after ITA - Medical exam report and PCC for current country of residence. You need to make sure that you have all other PCCs, bank statements ready.
Only for current employment, you may submit a new reference letter - that too if you are claiming points for increase in duration of work exp. If you already have 3 or more years of work exp., then you do not need a new reference letter for your current job. You may show your latest pay slips to show that you are still working with them.

All reference letters from your past employers are valid for a lifetime.
I hope this clarifies all your doubts. All the best.
Hi Sushsmart,

It is not negative stuff, just that I have personal some circumstances that may make me take some time for me to submit the documents and hence the possibility of not accepting ITA to buy some time.

Exactly, I want to be prepared and get all the document ready to file my e-APR, hence my question(s) in the forum. I will check the CIC website for the list of the documents required. In case you already know the link please send me if you don't mind. What I understand is that almost the same set of documents that we submitted to OINP will be required again to CIC plus PCC and Medical examination reports.

Yes Pay slips I shall submit to the nearest date possible.

On the reference letters part I was thinking that CIC wants the letters to be recent. The ones I sent to OINP ( and the copies I have are dated Feb 2016 ).

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala