+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
PurpleStar said:
@rajkamalmohanram, very comprehensive indeed!

I need some advice. I applied for SINP last November and received the rejection letter this January due to occupation not in-demand and insufficient settlement fund. I wanted to appeal with the POF but decided not to since i concur that my NOC is really not in the list of their in-demand jobs. Now that I received a PT interest letter from ON, should i declare that my SINP application was denied? It is stated in the application guide but I am afraid that ON will also deny my application because SINP did. Thanks!
Your previous rejections will not have an impact on your current application as long as you fix the error you did back then. You have to disclose the previous application to SINP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You cannot count work experience acquired while you were a full-time student inside Canada to gain eligibility for CEC and/or gain CRS points.
Asivad, there is a confusion here.

The OP claims that he was not technically a full-time student because he was not enrolled in any courses at that time.

See this -->

AmirHNK said:
Thanks Raj for all the info!

I have a question for you:

I have a full-time paid work experience during my bachelors in Canada. Since I wasn't studying at the time I was working (though still considered by the university as a an enrolled student), I have mentioned in my EE profile that I was not a full-time student at the time of work (because of course I was not taking any courses, to be full-time one must be taking at least 3 courses).

So I am very interested to know if my work experience can be considered toward FSW category.

PS. you can see my current immigration standing in my signature.
Plus, the OP does not have ANY foreign experience. So, how come did his EE profile show that he was eligible under FSW when he had no foreign experience whatsoever?

RonitKapoor

Feb 4, 2016
I need some advice, I am currently working on an ICT Work Permit in Ontario. I had created the EE profile (CRS Score 448) and received the OINP Interest and currently in processing of the filling form. In the EE profile , it was showing eligible for both FSW and CEC at the time letter of interest was received.

* Date Started Working in Canada - 15/2/2015
* Letter of Interest received - 26/1/2016

The no. of months between the two dates is less than 12 months. It is known fact that you get eligible in CEC category in Express Entry profile in the 11 month , i.e. in my case I am became eligible on 1st January 2016 whereas I started working in mid February last year in Canada.

Can I still apply for OINP in CEC considering the application guide clearly says that you need to complete 12 months of work experience in Canada to be assessed under CEC category by province.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
RonitKapoor said:
I need some advice, I am currently working on an ICT Work Permit in Ontario. I had created the EE profile (CRS Score 448) and received the OINP Interest and currently in processing of the filling form. In the EE profile , it was showing eligible for both FSW and CEC at the time letter of interest was received.

* Date Started Working in Canada - 15/2/2015
* Letter of Interest received - 26/1/2016

The no. of months between the two dates is less than 12 months. It is known fact that you get eligible in CEC category in Express Entry profile in the 11 month , i.e. in my case I am became eligible on 1st January 2016 whereas I started working in mid February last year in Canada.

Can I still apply for OINP in CEC considering the application guide clearly says that you need to complete 12 months of work experience in Canada to be assessed under CEC category by province.
Definitely you don't seem to be qualify for CEC now (due to shortage of experience), so you have to ask OINP to access your application as FSWP candidate only to receive your additional 600 points for nomination.

Now the question is once you get your additional points and receive an ITA in the very next draw, can you apply to CIC by switching from CEC (in EE profile) to FSWP (in eAPR) applicant (am sure you'll quality for CEC by then)?

I am told once you receive an ITA post acceptance of the nomination, your EE profile gets locked and you definitely cannot change sides. But what if you change your EE profile to FSWP (by removing your CEC eligibility part) and make it FSWP compliant before accepting the ITA?

All the above is based on the assumption that you qualify for both CEC & FSWP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Definitely you don't seem to be qualify for CEC now (due to shortage of experience), so you have to ask OINP to access your application as FSWP candidate only to receive your additional 600 points for nomination.

Now the question is once you get your additional points and receive an ITA in the very next draw, can you apply to CIC by switching from CEC (in EE profile) to FSWP (in eAPR) applicant (am sure you'll quality for CEC by then)?

I am told once you receive an ITA post acceptance of the nomination, your EE profile gets locked and you definitely cannot change sides. But what if you change your EE profile to FSWP (by removing your CEC eligibility part) and make it FSWP compliant before accepting the ITA?

All the above is based on the assumption that you qualify for both CEC & FSWP.
Yes, this understanding is correct.

Since the OP would have got 600 points, he will get an ITA and proceed. I don't think we have enough evidence to substantiate that there is a significant difference in processing times for FSWP and CEC candidates (CIC Processing time). However, sadly, the OINP processing time is LONG for FSW applicants.

But what if you change your EE profile to FSWP (by removing your CEC eligibility part) and make it FSWP compliant before accepting the ITA?
This can be done, IMO. Since he would have got 600 points post nomination, the extra points of Canadian work experience becomes meaningless. So, he could very well remove the Canadian work experience (or retain it), it doesn't matter. He will be invited to apply under the PNP stream.

The only problem here, IMO, is the Proof of funds. CEC candidates are exempt from POF, FSW counterparts are not. So, if he gets assessed under FSW and gets a nomination from OINP, then, he will have to show POF (whilst applicants assessed under CEC can get away with the POF requirement, even when invited to apply under the PNP stream.)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, this understanding is correct.

Does this make a difference? Since the OP would have got 600 points, he will get an ITA and proceed. I don't think we have enough evidence to substantiate that there is a significant difference in processing times for FSWP and CEC candidates. [/b][/color]

This can be done, IMO. Since he would have got 600 points post nomination, the extra points of Canadian work experience becomes meaningless. So, he could very well remove the Canadian work experience (or retain it), it doesn't matter. He will be invited to apply under the PNP stream.

The only problem here, IMO, is the Proof of funds. CEC candidates are exempt from POF, FSW counterparts are not. So, if he gets assessed under FSW and gets a nomination from OINP, then, he will have to show POF (whilst applicants assessed under CEC can get away with the POF requirement, even when invited to apply under the PNP stream.)
Yes, all the above is true...
My only question was regarding the ethical aspect of it. Eligibility, Canada/Forign work experience, PoF and everything else can and probably will be managed by the applicant.

But does CIC consider it ethical to get nomination via. FSWP program and once got, then get your immigration application processes under CEC Program (may be just to save on the PoF etc... as one of the reasons)

Does CIC even allow that?

Note: Nomination certificates mentions the program name either CEC or FSWP

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Yes, all the above is true...
My only question was regarding the ethical aspect of it. Eligibility, Canada/Forign work experience, PoF and everything else can and probably will be managed by the applicant.

But does CIC consider it ethical to get nomination via. FSWP program and once got, then get your immigration application processes under CEC Program (may be just to save on the PoF etc... as one of the reasons)

Does CIC even allow that?

Note: Nomination certificates mentions the program name either CEC or FSWP
This is not possible, IMO. When an applicant gets assessed under FSW from a province, the rules of that program apply (even though he will be invited under the "Provincial Nominee" stream.

Like mentioned above, he will still have to POF even though he has Canadian Experience (but he was assessed under FSW), IMO.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Excellent work Raj.
+1 for your efforts!

So, I have a question here. I have already collected the bank statement with the bank's seal and stamp.
Do I need to collect another letter in the bank letter head stating my name, account number, available funds and fixed deposit details?

Please note that HDFC did not give me the statement in bank letter head. They gave me a pdf document with HDFC bank's stamp and signature. Will this suffice? Or should I ask for additional documents?

Thanks in advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ichowdhury said:
Excellent work Raj.
+1 for your efforts!

Thanks!

So, I have a question here. I have already collected the bank statement with the bank's seal and stamp.
Do I need to collect another letter in the bank letter head stating my name, account number, available funds and fixed deposit details?

Letter is highly recommended - both for OINP and CIC.

Please note that HDFC did not give me the statement in bank letter head. They gave me a pdf document with HDFC bank's stamp and signature. Will this suffice? Or should I ask for additional documents?

Most banks do give this letter (Its just that not every bank mentions the 6 month average balance).
If you can persuade the bank to issue you a letter on the letterhead, better.

Thanks in advance!

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
rajkamalmohanram said:
There is no NOC list or Demand occupation list for OINP.
thanks raj.. you don't need those but your crs should be 400+ before OINP will give you a PT letter and do all this procedure right?
well that is my problem my crs is only 360

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
LOVK said:
thanks raj.. you don't need those but your crs should be 400+ before OINP will give you a PT letter and do all this procedure right?
well that is my problem my crs is only 360
Right, you need at least 400 + CRS to get a PT letter from OINP.

The quickest way to increase your CRS is by getting a CLB - 9 in IELTS (If you don't already have it).

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hello friends,

I am facing difficulty in filling up "address" section in application. I am not able to write my complete address. Moreover, when I have checked "Mailing Address" if same as above after that I cannot write anything in mailing address.

My current address and mailing address is same then What should I mention in "Mailing Address" after tick the box for same as Above?

Please help me on this issue.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aakash07 said:
Hello friends,

I am facing difficulty in filling up "address" section in application. I am not able to write my complete address. Moreover, when I have checked "Mailing Address" if same as above after that I cannot write anything in mailing address.

My current address and mailing address is same then What should I mention in "Mailing Address" after tick the box for same as Above?

Please help me on this issue.
If you tick that box that says "Same as Mailing Address", you don't have to write anything in the address fields below. That is the purpose of that check box - you need not mention your present address (if it is same as the mailing address).