09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
rajkamalmohanram said:
+1. I shall update it now!
Thanks Rajkamal.
I heard of a few rejections due to that reason and wish no one else repeats that mistake again.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Thanks Raj for all the info!

I have a question for you:

I have a full-time paid work experience during my bachelors in Canada. Since I wasn't studying at the time I was working (though still considered by the university as a an enrolled student), I have mentioned in my EE profile that I was not a full-time student at the time of work (because of course I was not taking any courses, to be full-time one must be taking at least 3 courses).

So I am very interested to know if my work experience can be considered toward FSW category.

PS. you can see my current immigration standing in my signature.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AmirHNK said:
Thanks Raj for your all the info!

I have a question for you:

I have a full-time paid work experience during my bachelors in Canada. Since I wasn't studying at the time I was working (though still considered by the university as a an enrolled student), I have mentioned in my EE profile that I was not a full-time student at the time of work (because of course I was not taking any courses, to be full-time one must be taking at least 3 courses).

So I am very interested to know if my work experience can be considered toward FSW category.

PS. you can see my current immigration standing in my signature.
Work experience in Canada counts under CEC category.

If you were not a full time student and you worked for at least 1560 hours for 12 months in the past 3 years and you have reference letters to prove that you worked, you can apply under CEC and claim points. Otherwise, no.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Work experience in Canada counts under CEC category.

If you were not a full time student and you worked for at least 1560 hours for 12 months in the past 3 years and you have reference letters to prove that you worked, you can apply under CEC and claim points. Otherwise, no.
I have the reference letter for my work experience which doesn't mention it was an internship position. It was 16 months of full-time (40 hrs per week) paid position in NOC 2171. In my EE profile I am marked eligible for FSW and not for CEC. I guess I will wait to see how the guys at OINP will assess my PNP application first. If they reject me because of my work experience then I won't bother with the immigration application anymore but if they accept my application I might still send my immigration application.

Any thoughts on this matter?

By the way, I greatly appreciate your input!

sivapra329

Jan 15, 2016
Hi,

I have shares ( equities and mutual funds) in my Indian Demat account. They can be sell at any time and readily available. Will OINP accepts the value of the shares as proof of funds? If so, Is any one in the group can provide me sample letter i can ask from my bank.

Thanks
s

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AmirHNK said:
I have the reference letter for my work experience which doesn't mention it was an internship position. It was 16 months of full-time (40 hrs per week) paid position in NOC 2171. In my EE profile I am marked eligible for FSW and not for CEC. I guess I will wait to see how the guys at OINP will assess my PNP application first. If they reject me because of my work experience then I won't bother with the immigration application anymore but if they accept my application I might still send my immigration application.

Any thoughts on this matter?

By the way, I greatly appreciate your input!
Guys at OINP will assess your application according to what you have indicated. Which option did you tick in the application form for the question "Which program would like to be assessed under?" ?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
sivapra329 said:
Hi,

I have shares ( equities and mutual funds) in my Indian Demat account. They can be sell at any time and readily available. Will OINP accepts the value of the shares as proof of funds? If so, Is any one in the group can provide me sample letter i can ask from my bank.

Thanks
s
Straight answer to your question is NO.

But if you liquidate these shares, MFs and debentures and put them in your Bank account as savings or FDs and can show an average value > LICO for your family size then yes, both OINP & CIC will accept it.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Guys at OINP will assess your application according to what you have indicated. Which option did you tick in the application form for the question "Which program would like to be assessed under?" ?
FSW as is indicated in my EE profile

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
No there is a question in the OINP form. Which category did you choose to be assessed against?
FSW because my EE indicated me as eligible for FSW and not for CEC

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Then your application will not be assessed under CEC. It'll be assessed under FSW by OINP.
Based on your feedback, now I wonder why I was even eligible under FSW?

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Did you mention any foreign experience in your EE profile?
No, All my work experience was and is in Canada. I have done 16 month of internship (NOC 2171), As I mentioned before, during my bachelors. Also, I have been working part time in NOC 2171 since October 2013. I also worked full time for 4 months in NOC 2174 in summer 2015. the last 2 were during my grad studies which is currently ongoing.