+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

sivapra329

Jan 15, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
Straight answer to your question is NO.

But if you liquidate these shares, MFs and debentures and put them in your Bank account as savings or FDs and can show an average value > LICO for your family size then yes, both OINP & CIC will accept it.
Could you please clarify me on below:

1. Can I Show my RRSP balance
2. I have a postal PPF account in india which is separate from my employment PF.

Can I show these two as proof of funds.

Thanks
S

Pushpaacna

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Will appreciate kind advice on the following:

'Do I need the hard copy ECA sent by WES (I haven't yet received it. Guess it will take longer as I have opted for the ordinary mail $7 option for delivery) to create my EE Profile or the downloadable copy is enough?'

Thanks in advance!

Ramky

Jul 28, 2015
Hi Fren
My CRS is 432 and I have got a PT notification from Ontario on 02-Feb-2016. I have 2 questions :

1. Based on the CIC comments and recent invitation trends, it is predicted that scores would come down, so in this case is it suggestible to proceed with Ontario nomination ?? Are there any chances of scores coming down to 430s or so ?

2. If I had to apply for provincial nomination, then how much funds do I need to show ? Whatever the amount is I need to lend the money from others, so what is the best way to show ?

Thanks,
Ramky

Udayesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Ramky said:
Hi Fren
My CRS is 432 and I have got a PT notification from Ontario on 02-Feb-2016. I have 2 questions :

1. Based on the CIC comments and recent invitation trends, it is predicted that scores would come down, so in this case is it suggestible to proceed with Ontario nomination ?? Are there any chances of scores coming down to 430s or so ?

2. If I had to apply for provincial nomination, then how much funds do I need to show ? Whatever the amount is I need to lend the money from others, so what is the best way to show ?

Thanks,
Ramky
Congrats for the PT letter from Ontario.

1. Even though scores are supposed to come down but no one knows for sure when it'll happen. Moreover there may be thousands of candidate between 450 and 432. Moreover, consider yourself lucky as not all >400 candidates get PT letter. Accept it or not , its completely your call, but IMO its worth taking the risk.

2.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp, this will answer your second ques.

Thanks

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Hello,

I am applying to OINP as FSW. In the education part(foreign education), I can't seem to find that they require transcripts. They are only requiring ECA. I am planning to attach my degree (certified copy).

Can you check if transcripts are actually required?

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Thank you Sushmart and Raj .

Now i have few more queries i have received a letter from my previous and present HR departments they have mentioned my designation and hours of employment but have not mentioned roles and responsibilities on the letter heads .Is that valid, If not does a mail from official mail id's of my Project Leads stating my roles and responsibilities be enough ?

I have a hard copy of ECA from WES does a copy of that be enough or do i have to again get the copies of the education documents certified by university as i did during ECA.

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
While I have put in my best efforts to make this guide perfect, some discrepancies/typos might have crept in. Please feel free to point out any errors/discrepancies that you might find. Constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

A lot of people have approached me and have asked to explain to them on how to proceed after getting a PT letter (Letter of Interest) from Ontario. Though everything is there in the application guide, I would like to break it down and explain briefly about how to proceed and submit a COMPLETE application to Ontario after getting PT.

Note 1: Certain requirements have been left out in the guide below (Such as financial documents pertaining to applicants having bank accounts in Canada, documents to be submitted for applicants who have degrees from Canada and work experience in Canada etc) but still, I have provided the detail on how to find this information in the application guide. Most of the details present here are for the applicants who are applying from outside Canada (without a Canadian Degree/Canadian bank account/job in Canada). Nonetheless, I believe that this guide is practically comprehensive and applicants applying from within Canada/outside Canada can equally benefit from it.

Note 2: Certain details might be updated by OINP/CIC from time to time. So, always make sure to check the updates page (link below) and download the latest version of the application guide

Note 3:
If you have 400+ CRS and you haven't received PT in a while, please re-create your profile.

Note 4: You need at least a "Bachelor's degree" to be eligible to apply to OINP.

Note 5: You should have at least 1 year work experience in the past 5 years from the date you get PT notification. (Thanks to sushsmart15 for suggesting the revision).

Below is a very high level idea of how you could proceed.

Step 1: Study the application guide and the updates page. carefully.

Step 2: Download the application form.

Step 3: Fill out the application form.

Step 4: Gather all the required documents.

Step 5: Compile all the documents section wise and create a neat application package.

Step 6: Send the complete application package to OINP.

Step 7: Wait for AOR.

Step 8: Expect a verification call/Additional document request.

Step 9: Wait for nomination.

Step 10: After you get the decision.

Step 1 - Study the application guide and the updates page carefully

The first and foremost step would be to study the application guide and the updates page. The application guide contains guidelines about the documents you need and details on how to fill your application form. In the updates page, OINP posts important updates to the program (Please check the January 11 update - We will discuss about this in the later sections).

Step 2 - Download the application form

The link to download the application form is available in the application guide on page 16. Please download the application form from there.

Step 3 - Fill out the application form

Please fill the application form carefully. Please note that the application form can be filled both electronically OR manually. I suggest you to fill the form electronically - It would look neat! You are responsible for whatever is filled in the application form. Let me quickly run you through the process of filling the application form.

Application Details Section - In this section, you will be asked about the program you are applying to and about the economic class you are applying under.

I) "Select below the stream you are applying for" - Tick the box "Human Capital Priorities Stream".

II) "Once you have registered for Express Entry you will be informed by the Express Entry System which federal program(s) you are eligible for. Ontario will only accept candidates who are eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Canadian Experience Class. Which of the two are you eligible for?" - Tick the appropriate stream you are eligible under.

III) "You must choose one of the federal programs you are eligible for to be assessed against. Which program would you like to be assessed against?" - If you are eligible for FSW only, check FSW. If you are eligible for both, then tick which program you wish to be assessed against and if you are eligible for CEC only, then tick CEC.

TIP: If you are eligible under CEC, then I suggest you to go with it because people applying under CEC have very quick processing times (relative to the processing times of FSW applicants).

A) Personal Information Section -

I) Fill in your last name, your first name and your middle name. If you do not have a middle name, write N/A.

Ia) List any other names that you might use/might have used. If none, then write N/A.

II) Mention your Date of Birth, your gender and the place of birth (according to your passport), Country of Birth, country of Citizenship and Country of residence (If all the three are the same (say for instance, India), then write India on all the three text boxes) and your Marital Status (If you are married, you CANNOT apply as a single applicant - You must say married even though your spouse may be non-accompanying).

3. Details on your previous applications/visits to Canada -

I) "For applicants currently in Canada (a copy of your Work Permit, Study Permit, Temporary Resident Visa, and/or any other Canadian immigration document or entry stamp must be provided with your application package)" - If applicable, then tick the appropriate document and provide the UCI number in the box below. If this is not applicable to you, write N/A.

II) "Have you, your spouse or common-law partner, or any of your dependent children, already submitted or been included in an Application for Permanent Residence to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)?"

and

III) "Have you, your spouse or common-law partner, or any of your dependent children, already submitted or been included in an Application under a Provincial Nominee Program to another province or territory? "

- Answer accordingly. If yes, then provide the requested details below. If no, then tick no and write N/A in the fields below.

Tip: Please note that some fields are numeric only and you cannot print N/A. Leave these fields empty, print the form and then write N/A. If you fail to write N/A in any of the fields and leave it blank, your application might be returned.
Hi
Many thanks for comprehensive guide.
Would like ask in Sec 3 Part 2 regarding previous application, Is this applicable for those who are in Canada?
My spouse has submitted once an EE profile which was withdrawn later and never registered for job bank. Did I say as Yes in section 3 part 2 and mention EE profile no?

Regards
Samra

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
samra_ said:
Hi
Many thanks for comprehensive guide.
Would like ask in Sec 3 Part 2 regarding previous application, Is this applicable for those who are in Canada?
My spouse has submitted once an EE profile which was withdrawn later and never registered for job bank. Did I say as Yes in section 3 part 2 and mention EE profile no?

Regards
Samra
The answer is NO.
EE profile does not count as an application submitted to CIC as long as you have not received an ITA for that profile.

oceanslands

Dec 7, 2015
Hi Raj,

just a question, how do you get the letter of reference for your current employment? I'm sure you dont want your employer to know that you are getting this letter for immigration, what other options do you have?

Thanks

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

While trying to order for duplicate ECA copy for OINP @WES website, I am getting following error:

Due to system maintenance, the website is unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

Does anyone get the same error and know if this is a temporary problem and when it will be resolved ?

As well, could anyone let me know how much will I have to pay ordering duplicate ECA copy

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Sush,
I have also been getting the same error while i try to access the link .I tried to normally login to WES and then click on order report which would take us to duplicate ordering location ,we can add additional recipient as Ontario there ,But they are charging 75$ . Lets wait until the site gets functioning properly.

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil918918 said:
Hello Sush,
I have also been getting the same error while i try to access the link .I tried to normally login to WES and then click on order report which would take us to duplicate ordering location ,we can add additional recipient as Ontario there ,But they are charging 75$ . Lets wait until the site gets functioning properly.
Can anyone let me know in detail the procedure for ordering duplicate ECA report @WES and the amount charged for the same?
Would WES send hard copy or soft copy to OINP? Read somewhere that WES would refund some part of the amount charged initially.
Kindly explain in detail.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Pushpaacna said:
Will appreciate kind advice on the following:

'Do I need the hard copy ECA sent by WES (I haven't yet received it. Guess it will take longer as I have opted for the ordinary mail $7 option for delivery) to create my EE Profile or the downloadable copy is enough?'

Thanks in advance!
No, you cannot send them the soft copy! You need the hard copy. Applicants who have sent soft copies in the past have had their applications returned!